Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My First Bike {CBR F3}...Well almost

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default My First Bike {CBR F3}...Well almost

This was a fun one

Made a left turn and an older CBR (F3) roared by me on a main street (35MPH). Nice bike with a racepipe, sounded great. I fell in behind and crept for a while. About a quarter of a mile later the rider put his knee down and switched lanes to pass, ran into traffic and did a rolling indo . Luck would have it that we caught a rolling light next to each other at the next intersection....On to the good stuff.

I dropped to second at about 40 and I heard him follow suit . We both rolled into it at about the same time, he inched on me while I was at the bottom of second and then he smacks the rev-limiter (I pulled back even). Then he grabs the next gear and pulled a good bike length. whap whap whap whap he smacks the rev-limiter again I pulled back a little (now in third). He grabbed another gear and shut down about 2 bike lenghts ahead (~90mph) . Afterwards I gave him a big thumbs up. He pulled along side, flipped up his visor, and gave me a big disbelief look along with a thumbs up. Not a kill but a cool experience, damn these engines are cool. Hanging with a bike
Old 07-18-2003, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: My First Bike {CBR F3}...Well almost

what do you run? i would love to kill a bike but dont know if have the power yet
Old 07-18-2003, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Nice run Nick! Bet he was suprised when you stuck with him like that. Mad props!

Matt
Old 07-18-2003, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, good job hangin with him.

My friend has a Laverta (I never heard of the brand before he got it), it looks basically exactly like a ducati. It's a nice *** bike, half dressed, yellow and black, dual exhausts... and he tears me a new ******* whenever we race. Then again, I am in an LT1...
Old 07-18-2003, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

what do you run? i would love to kill a bike but dont know if have the power yet
I have only been to the track once, it went 13.1@109 -> 12.9@111 (2.19)Corrected (terrible weather cond). Since then I have added gears and learned to drive (raised shift points 400 RPM). I guess from a roll my car is a low 12 sec. car
Old 07-18-2003, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice run Nick! Bet he was suprised when you stuck with him like that. Mad props!

Matt
Wow, good job hangin with him.
Thanks guys