Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got rocked by a Civic.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008 | 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chaman
This is all I see "Im not saying....Im not saying....Im not saying" Please in behalf of all the LS1TECH members and Baby Jesus...STFU....

You are talking out of your ***, people like you gives real car enthusiasts like us a bad name.

there is not reason to bring God into this first of all.
if i am talking out of my *** then show me what i said that was not true?
Old 03-03-2008 | 06:51 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 180ls1
Bench racing, what was i racing???
So if it is meaningless then everyone would have have small engines because of the benefits in weight and fuel economy. I can explain it to you if you want but i am not sure you will understand it.
You are asserting that power per liter makes no difference?
Please man tell me who has an advantage a built small block making 400 horsepower or a b18 making 400 horsepower. The power curve on those two motors is completely different not to mention the reliabality. As the power per liter goes up, the reliabality goes down and so does the driveability. It is not too hard to understand.
sorry to the op i am not trying to start a fight just educating people.

What a lot of ****. The advantage lies in the ******* faster vehicle....You just cannot deal with the reality of existing some other fast cars in the face of the Earth rather than your LS1. Find some other kids to educate...this is LS1tech. You are not impressing anyone.
Old 03-03-2008 | 06:53 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 180ls1
there is not reason to bring God into this first of all.
if i am talking out of my *** then show me what i said that was not true?
There is no reason for you to be even babbling all this nonsense.... Cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen...boy.
Old 03-03-2008 | 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chaman
What a lot of ****. The advantage lies in the ******* faster vehicle....You just cannot deal with the reality of existing some other fast cars in the face of the Earth rather than your LS1. Find some other kids to educate...this is LS1tech. You are not impressing anyone.
prove me wrong then all i see is you calling me stuff and making false assumptions? haha i thought people knew what they bought when they bought a muscle car there is a reason behind it. I dont complain when i get beat it is called racing not winning.
Old 03-03-2008 | 07:30 PM
***Repost Police***

A built B18 w/ 400whp will be dead reliable... a stock B18 with 400whp will break quickly.
Old 03-03-2008 | 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
A built B18 w/ 400whp will be dead reliable... a stock B18 with 400whp will break quickly.
very true. i am just trying to say there are significant advantages to certain types of motors.
Old 03-03-2008 | 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 03-03-2008 | 07:46 PM
Launching!

\\.......................
Old 03-03-2008 | 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SovXietday
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Just for the sake of interesting facts, you can build a 450whp Honda for the price of a 9" rear, boltons, and a 100shot, drive it every day and still get 30+mpg around town. Granted, most people don't know that so you don't see a lot of them around, lol.
I know this is late.. and im NOO expert .. but my only thoughts are .. the ones IVE seen .."EXCEPT FOR ONE GUY" always blowup ... come apart ..break lots of parts ect.. and for my money the 9" would last 10x longer ..

Now the one Excpt..is a guy Named SANTOStheMotorcycleslayer..LOL ive linked a vid of him vs a Z06 with Cam and AFR heads... and it not a walk but almost a car length ... and he blew up 2 or 3 before he got real good and real fast .. Just some input

Oh did i say i have V-I-D-E-O???? Yes.. Yes i did

http://media.putfile.com/civic-vrs-07-zxr6

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/g...SanLanders.flv

mmmm
Old 03-03-2008 | 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
A built B18 w/ 400whp will be dead reliable...
Yes, but not as cheap as previously stated...

When building a car you get to choose only two of the following:
Fast
Reliable
Inexpensive
Old 03-03-2008 | 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by enginjoe
Yes, but not as cheap as previously stated...

When building a car you get to choose only two of the following:
Fast
Reliable
Inexpensive
a ls1 with spray is pretty quick and reliable and cheap
Old 03-03-2008 | 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the way you think.
Old 03-03-2008 | 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Teal94Z
a ls1 with spray is pretty quick and reliable and cheap
yes or an lt1
Old 03-03-2008 | 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by enginjoe
I like the way you think.
i know i think i should be payed for saying things like
Old 03-03-2008 | 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Holy smokes this thread blew up.

For reasons that are buried deep in the dungeons of physics, yes you can take a stock 1.8L Bseries engine, make 450whp, and be dead **** reliable for quite some time. I know it's been said again and again in this thread, but tuning is key. At 450whp on a stock engine if it detonates the engine goes. I've spent a good amount of time tuning Honda's now, and the new softwares that are out now are amazing and will regulate and control just about everything you can think of. A year or two ago, completely unheard of. Now, it's slowly becoming commonplace.

Yes, it can be done for $5-6K, that of course does not mean that it should be, just that it can. And heck, if we were all hear just to go really fast we'd all be buying foxbodies for dirt cheap and throwing a 250shots and slicks on them. Sometimes it's just nice to do it with something different, which is where the imports come in. And like I said, a 450whp Honda will do what a 650rwhp Camaro will do on the street. Spin till 80 and then roll the **** out.

It takes more than a monkey who can turn a wrench to make a Honda go 10s with any form of reliabilty. Unlike with the LS1, you can't just throw an I/H/E, gears and a tune on it and go throw down some low 12s.
Old 03-03-2008 | 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by landonew
Yea, sounds like a sick honda. slicks don't always work on the street. They are designed for a preped track. They also have to be warmed up. Did he do a burnout?

he was at a track.... yes he did everything correctly... and from what i know it was setup correctly....

will you please answer my ?.. i really do want to know..
in short------saw a vidoe of a 485hp hatchback.. with a turbo.. from what i know it was setup correctly.. seemed as if he knew how to driver.. did not spin.. he was at the track and yes with slicks.. he ran 8.3@108.. ???? wtf kinda time is that.. i ran 8.4@84 stock.. im just curius if you have an answer.....

again I AM NOT BASHING this is a genuine question.. i really want to know.. seems as if you know the most..
Old 03-03-2008 | 11:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Bench racing, what was i racing???
So if it is meaningless then everyone would have have small engines because of the benefits in weight and fuel economy. I can explain it to you if you want but i am not sure you will understand it.
You are asserting that power per liter makes no difference?
Please man tell me who has an advantage a built small block making 400 horsepower or a b18 making 400 horsepower. The power curve on those two motors is completely different not to mention the reliabality. As the power per liter goes up, the reliabality goes down and so does the driveability. It is not too hard to understand.
sorry to the op i am not trying to start a fight just educating people.

BENCH RACING AGAIN

Are you done yet?
Old 03-03-2008 | 11:59 PM
TECH Junkie

For reasons that are buried deep in the dungeons of physics, yes you can take a stock 1.8L Bseries engine, make 450whp, and be dead **** reliable for quite some time. I know it's been said again and again in this thread, but tuning is key. At 450whp on a stock engine if it detonates the engine goes. I've spent a good amount of time tuning Honda's now, and the new softwares that are out now are amazing and will regulate and control just about everything you can think of. A year or two ago, completely unheard of. Now, it's slowly becoming commonplace.

Yes, it can be done for $5-6K, that of course does not mean that it should be, just that it can. And heck, if we were all hear just to go really fast we'd all be buying foxbodies for dirt cheap and throwing a 250shots and slicks on them. Sometimes it's just nice to do it with something different, which is where the imports come in. And like I said, a 450whp Honda will do what a 650rwhp Camaro will do on the street. Spin till 80 and then roll the **** out.

It takes more than a monkey who can turn a wrench to make a Honda go 10s with any form of reliabilty. Unlike with the LS1, you can't just throw an I/H/E, gears and a tune on it and go throw down some low 12s.
Dont worry about it newbs like to think they know what there talking about and have pissing matchs in threads

Last edited by slick1851; 03-04-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-04-2008 | 12:03 AM
TECH Junkie

will you please answer my ?.. i really do want to know..
in short------saw a vidoe of a 485hp hatchback.. with a turbo.. from what i know it was setup correctly.. seemed as if he knew how to driver.. did not spin.. he was at the track and yes with slicks.. he ran 8.3@108.. ???? wtf kinda time is that.. i ran 8.4@84 stock.. im just curius if you have an answer.....

again I AM NOT BASHING this is a genuine question.. i really want to know.. seems as if you know the most..
Who knows why, how can anyone answer the qeustion with such limited details

Could have bogged the launch, could be Bullshitting, could be tuned poorly, could have been having boost leak issues, clutch might not be holding..BLAH BLAH BLAH

He put down a crappy time, 485 whp depending on the SUS setup and driving etc that should be a 10secound car..

Again not every car is the same, and not every car is setup right or will do the same as another
Old 03-04-2008 | 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slick1851
BENCH RACING AGAIN

Are you done yet?
You still have yet to prove me wrong. I used that to make a point and it still stands. I am sorry that you are wrong and cant get over it. Have a nice day

Quick Reply: I got rocked by a Civic.