almost killed by a V6 stang

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: almost killed by a V6 stang

u r dum.

from 40mph and under,
i grab the gear selector and "manually" drop it into 1st. if i dont, sometimes i end up in second. screw that. id rather lift my front end a little.
Good luck keeping your trans intact past 100k miles. My friend blew the trans in his old heads/cam/n20 WS6 doing that ****. Now he's got a 98 Mustang GT 4.6. Do you want to end up with a slow Ford?
Old 07-27-2003, 11:11 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

u r dum.

from 40mph and under,
i grab the gear selector and "manually" drop it into 1st. if i dont, sometimes i end up in second. screw that. id rather lift my front end a little.

Yep, its been proven time and time again that type of driving blows transmissions, period.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehe i used to do that with my old car before i found out how bad it was (and once i downshifted too far and blew the oil regulator). the car is in the shop now for a converter and new valvebody and the tranny guy says i should be able to do it with no problems once its done.
also Trans Am WS6 RGS. it had a big "V" being slightly overlapped by a "6". it was on the passengers side(only side i could see) front fender. im pretty sure it wasn't an 8 on the badge and it did seem odd to me that ford would want to "show off" thier v6 with a special badge but he had the flat scoop of a non-GT so i assumed it really was a 6.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

Watch out for thos V-6 badges. This guy here has a 96 or so Cobra. Stripped badges and installed V-6 badges after he did the built motor and Twin Turbo setup. Car Dyno's around 600rwhp and it's quiet.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:31 PM

Watch out for thos V-6 badges. This guy here has a 96 or so Cobra. Stripped badges and installed V-6 badges after he did the built motor and Twin Turbo setup. Car Dyno's around 600rwhp and it's quiet.
ROTFL ... wow thats really sneaky. Sucks for the poor people that run up to them and get wrecked ... then are like "wow I just got destroyed by a stock sounding 6cyl. Then they go home and kill themselves.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude that stang was fast. But yeah you could have probably beaten him from a stop. Later.

I've said this before but here it goes. Bullitt I would like to fashion my **** into a lasso and strangle you with it.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

That's cool that he wants to go sleeper, but my car's a bit of a sleeper. I'm planning on stripping the z28 badges off and putting on some old school first gen ones just on the sides (z/28), but i don't think i'd ever misbadge my car as a v6.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:56 PM

That's cool that he wants to go sleeper, but my car's a bit of a sleeper. I'm planning on stripping the z28 badges off and putting on some old school first gen ones just on the sides (z/28), but i don't think i'd ever misbadge my car as a v6.
I saw a guy driving down the expressway in a second gen Z ... with the new 6 cyl mustang emblems on the sides of the car. (running pony with horizontal lines).
I pulled up next to him and asked him why he did that, and he said it looked cool. He's probably bullitts cousin.

Old 08-02-2003, 12:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

I saw a guy driving down the expressway in a second gen Z ... with the new 6 cyl mustang emblems on the sides of the car. (running pony with horizontal lines).
I pulled up next to him and asked him why he did that, and he said it looked cool. He's probably bullitts cousin.
Lol, now that's just ****** retarded.
Old 08-02-2003, 09:08 AM

Lol, now that's just ****** retarded.
I agree.