Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First kill on the bottle

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 03:32 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: First kill on the bottle

An inept family member of mine worked at a Ford plant in the late '60's. His job was simply to place the running horse symbols on Mustangs. To make a long story short, after 2 days of struggling to do his job, thinking that the fitment should be much easier than he was experiencing, realized that the horses were leaving the factory UPSIDE DOWN, BELLY UP!!!
He was fired.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:57 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ford = First On Race Day
Ford = Flip Over Read Directions

Ford did get one thing right. Their emblem. They circle their mistake
ROTFL !!!! Thats great.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:59 PM

An inept family member of mine worked at a Ford plant in the late '60's. His job was simply to place the running horse symbols on Mustangs. To make a long story short, after 2 days of struggling to do his job, thinking that the fitment should be much easier than he was experiencing, realized that the horses were leaving the factory UPSIDE DOWN, BELLY UP!!!
He was fired.
Thats too much. I cant believe nobody noticed before they got out of the factory. Shows that amazing quality control.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1st,i never tell people i race about my car and i never tell what mods others have either.2nd if anyone wants to look under my hood it will cost ya $10 to $20 bucks(depending how much i like ya).hell..the other day a guy i raced noticed my cam rumbling,i told him it's no cam i have a dead coil and it's missing. i only tell people on this site about my car because i feel we are all here to help each other and i feel we do that.this is just how i was raised on racing from my dad and brother. ow yeah, NICE KILL.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:54 PM

1st,i never tell people i race about my car and i never tell what mods others have either.2nd if anyone wants to look under my hood it will cost ya $10 to $20 bucks(depending how much i like ya).hell..the other day a guy i raced noticed my cam rumbling,i told him it's no cam i have a dead coil and it's missing. i only tell people on this site about my car because i feel we are all here to help each other and i feel we do that.this is just how i was raised on racing from my dad and brother. ow yeah, NICE KILL.
Thats exactly how I am. I will usually tell someone my approximate hp if they ask (always give them a low rear wheel number,hehe), but as far as what mods, etc... no way. Only 2 of my close friends (who have helped me put on all the parts) actually know what is on there. My engine compartment looks completely stock, my exaust is alittle deeper then stock, but not much louder at idle (until I step on it, then car alarms go off), and all the components of the car look completely stock. Nobody, nomatter who you are, is finding any of my nitrous lines, switches, etc. As I have said before, my dad owns an autobody, and I had my car inspected there a month or two ago, and they went over the whole thing with a fine tooth comb, and had no idea about anything (everything but the nitrous bottle was in, all the lines were run, etc).
Personally, I think stealthy is the only way to go.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Personally, I think stealthy is the only way to go.
Indeed. My car looks bone stock except for the Borla tips and the taillight blackouts. Unless you know your ****, the whine is too quiet to hear on the highway Most riceburners have no idea it's blown until they see the boost gauge... doh! Oh well. It is a necesity. Stealthy is always the way to go.