Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

almost killed by a V6 stang

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default almost killed by a V6 stang

i was coming back from the post office (they were closed) and i see a shiny blue mustang getting ready to pull out of his apartment lot. i didnt know it was a v6 at the time so i slow down and open the cutout and give it some gas as i go past just to see if he was interested. he pulls out and i put on my left turn signal to get onto the highway and he gets behind me a few cars back. light turns green and we get onto the highway and manage to catch the next light. now, i see a V6 badge on his front right fender but i look over anyway and hes talking to his girlie whos in the passengers seat. so i'm wondering weather or not i should jump on it just because i can but the light goes green and i decide i dont really feel like it and i start of normal. hes making sure to keep me at the back of his door so i'm like "o.k. im gonna smoke his ***." i punch it at like 20mph expecting to fly past him but for some reason my tranny HATES first gear. anyway it downshifts to second and take off like a kid on a bicycle, he hits it and when i get to about 3 grand i start flying past him so i let off a little to see if hes still racing and he looks over with a big grin and i had to step on it again (this time in my powerband) and go right past him. after that he ended up taking an off-ramp but not before giving me a beep and a thumbs up. he seemed pretty cool but this is my second loss (in my eyes) to something with a v6 and its really starting to suck
Old 07-23-2003, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: almost killed by a V6 stang

dont be down on yourself dude i know you would kill em ...just let him think he won ..its better that way
Old 07-23-2003, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

dont be down on yourself dude i know you would kill em ...just let him think he won ..its better that way
Old 07-23-2003, 07:45 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how is that a loss? your car picked the wrong gear, you werent in your powerband when you started, but you flew by him after a second or two. I consider that a victory?
Old 07-23-2003, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You run a 13 sec quarter and can't blow by V6 mustangs with ease? Spooky!
!I have something against mustangs, Guess I just don't like the way they look in my rear view mirror!
Old 07-23-2003, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

dude that stang was fast. But yeah you could have probably beaten him from a stop. Later.
did he just say v6 stangs are fast?
Old 07-23-2003, 09:35 PM

dude that stang was fast. But yeah you could have probably beaten him from a stop. Later.
did he just say v6 stangs are fast?
Well, he also thinks his 01 Bullitt is BADASS. He is from the same breed of people who think honda civics are fast.

Also I think you need to reread is story. If I am reading it correctly (which I am sure I am), he stated that when he started the tranny shouldve went to 1st, but it didnt it went to 2nd instead. This put him way below his powerband, so the stang started pulling him. As soon as it came up to 3000-3500 rpms, he wondered right past the stang.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:16 AM
TECH Resident

hey honda killer this guy said that he was almost killed by one bitch.
he blew him away from an auto dead spot how is that "almost losing"? ive got an auto so i know how much of a dog the car is from a dead spot. i couldnt even catch my friends bone stock lt1 car until about 120 from a dead spot. still plenty to whoop on a pos bullitt stang though
Old 07-24-2003, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey guys i've seen some of bullitts other posts and yeah he can be a dick sometimes but he wasnt trying to start anything here. maybe everyone should just cool off a little
Old 07-24-2003, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

The post office closed.... sucky.

Ryan <-- works for the post office, goes in to work at 5:00 am

Back to the post:

one of my friends has a blue V6 stang that will play nicely with a stock LS1.

... granted the fact he build a custom TT setup with 2 T25's under the hood, and a front mount help.

Ryan.

Old 07-24-2003, 02:27 PM

shut up phantom. My car will rip yours a new one.

Old 07-24-2003, 03:02 PM
TECH Regular

a guy hear in town has a v6 mustang with a vortech supercharger and spray, his tag says (1fastv6) and he spent so much money, he finally took it the the track and ran a 14. ha, i thought i would share
Old 07-24-2003, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

i went to a ford event at cecil once and there was one v6 mustang that was running low 13's it was a built (cammed at least) motor with a blower on it. ive heard of one in the 12's with a blown 4.2 stroker setup from a truck.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

there is a turbo one (well, ford powered turbo V6) that ran a 11.9, total invested in the car (with purchase price, was less than $6,000)

http://v6power.net/timeslips/times.htm

My friend has the #5 car, on the bottle, bottle is now gone, and TT in place... just needs a tune, and the built motor put in.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:26 AM

Wow, I checked out the pictures of the guy that ran the 11.9, and all I can say is UGLLYYYY. Purple paint, red/black rims, WHITE steering wheel, etc. Sure its a fast car, but what is he thinking with the color scheme?
Its like a blind man on crack came up with it.
Old 07-26-2003, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Hey man, I would'nt get too depressed. You said your self that you were letting off the gas to let him catch up. Thats not a loss, its a way to get the v-6 domestics self esteam up. Hey the v-6 mustang guy is always better in my book then the civc kids. I think you did good by not imbarising him in front of his old lady. Hey mabey later he will get juice and whip an Evo or STI
Old 07-27-2003, 03:30 PM
TECH Regular

Hmmm either your car is slow (but doesnt seem like it from your 1/4 times) or that stang was modded. Guess it had a lot to do with the gear selection of the tranny but I dont know why people say you lost?

Earlier this year I got stuck with a v6 stang (Well two since the first one got vandalized) for a few months and that car was slow. Granted it was a convertible and had the slushbox a4 but theres no way it could keep up with either of my WS6's.

Oh yeah what v6 badge are you talking about? The two I had for a couple months didnt have any V6 badges? Both of them were 03s.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:19 PM
TECH Veteran

LOL....thats why I love the manunal.....it will ALWAYS downshift the whatever gear I want .....
Old 07-27-2003, 07:36 PM

LOL....thats why I love the manunal.....it will ALWAYS downshift the whatever gear I want .....
Well it will downshift to whatever gear you PUT it in, not necessarily the one that you WANT.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

u r dum.

from 40mph and under,
i grab the gear selector and "manually" drop it into 1st. if i dont, sometimes i end up in second. screw that. id rather lift my front end a little.