Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT8 Charger, and some rice vids

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

srt8 did get a good 1/2 car jump on the roll race... good runs!
Old 03-30-2008, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

and the eclipse probably had the ebay blow off sound kit. it was "blowing off" way to offen lol...

it was trying but id bet my *** it wasnt turboed... dumb ricers.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

The Eclipse was a joke.....mmmmm, the Charger, handed you ***...sorry. He was gaining on you and you ended up the video. A real race is, IMO: start from a dig, and go all the way until both cars reach top end...and see who comes first. All that **** of " from a dig"..."from a roll"....BULLSHIT to me..... If you would have continued until both cars reached top end you would have not posted anything.....bud.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chaman
The Eclipse was a joke.....mmmmm, the Charger, handed you ***...sorry. He was gaining on you and you ended up the video. A real race is, IMO: start from a dig, and go all the way until both cars reach top end...and see who comes first. All that **** of " from a dig"..."from a roll"....BULLSHIT to me..... If you would have continued until both cars reached top end you would have not posted anything.....bud.
What? Are you on something dude?
Old 03-30-2008, 01:30 AM
On The Tree

you make it sound like you were there, look like to me it was stop light to stop light. atleast he posted both the win and the loss.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01NBMZ28
I ran a SRT8 on the highway form 70 to 140-144 three times and beat him by a car each time. I would pull the length each time in third and he stay at my back bumper all the way to end of 5th gear and we both would let off.
I always say - start your race vs. an SRT-8 from a roll at 70mph. It's the bottom of 3rd gear and sluggish. Nice ride and kills!
Old 03-30-2008, 02:15 AM
Staging Lane

You mean not a quarter mile? You know most races on the street are from a roll? Did you know that is the quickest (and safest) way to see who has a quicker car because it doesn't take an 1/8th of a mile to catch up from a crappy launch?

So a quicker quarter mile car can lose because of your "top end" race it may shift into an OD gear first?

I guess if we raced your way, 1/2 of us would be dead and the other 1/2 in jail. What's your excuse?
Old 03-30-2008, 04:53 AM
Teching In

Good run with that boat Juicy J!!

By the way you guys are fetching vultures here.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Veteran

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
You mean not a quarter mile? You know most races on the street are from a roll? Did you know that is the quickest (and safest) way to see who has a quicker car because it doesn't take an 1/8th of a mile to catch up from a crappy launch?

So a quicker quarter mile car can lose because of your "top end" race it may shift into an OD gear first?

I guess if we raced your way, 1/2 of us would be dead and the other 1/2 in jail. What's your excuse?
I dont have to give any excuse to you, buddy. Thats my opinion.

Agree with the 1/4 mile since its the way that most resembles my view of what a race is. Running in the streets from stoplights is retarded. BTW any street racing is retarded. All this from a roll or a dig is still BS.....
Old 03-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Default Same reason they hate S R T -4 N E ONS!!! THEY'RE FAST!!!

Originally Posted by COD02SS
The first video ended and you could tell the SRT8 was starting to walk on him.

I can't understand why everyone hates on the SRT8's

At least the V-8 guys paid wAaaaAAAAY more than us....

The skittle guys out power 2 weight us but most can't put it down on the street.

Oh crap... I just made 2 excuses!!!!!

Really sorry but it's HUMAN NATURE to justify EVERYTHING logically to yourself...

If you say YOU do not make excuses YOU need to stop BSing YOU! lol!

If I start getting pulled on... I SHUT DOWN 'cause I won 'till I quit!

Even though I know he was coming like a freight train.

LOLOLOL!!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Veteran

LS1Tech 10 Year

Skittles are little MOPAR muscle cars....I love them!! But still prefer my V8s! LOL! The thought of family cars (4 doors) and station wagons, SUVs being actually faster than SOME stock f-bodies (sometimes mildly modded ones) is hard for some guys to accept. Thats when the "heavy', "dogs", "rich ******" arguments shine!! Please...fast is fast...stop street racing...vote for Hillary....LOL!!!!! (bitch...)
Old 03-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nickate

The skittle guys out power 2 weight us but most can't put it down on the street.

Really sorry but it's HUMAN NATURE to justify EVERYTHING logically to yourself...

LOLOLOL!!!!
What?
Old 03-30-2008, 12:42 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by nickate

LOLOLOL!!!!
You WON until YOU quit?
Old 03-30-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

COOL...why did the ricer go into reverse though.????
Old 03-30-2008, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the ****** bed. I am sorry I didn't want to go 150mph in downtown Kansas City. And I would have posted up if he destroyed me by a mile. Its all in fun man. I was just posting up some fun races I had, whether I lost or won. My car is basically stock and I know I am not going to destroy everything on the street. When I don't, I am like wow that car was cool, I hope I can get something like that one day...... bud

Why the hell is everyone coming in here acting like total ********. To the guys that are being cool, thanks.

post up your opinion on **** whether its negative or positive... but be cool about it.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
Stock SRT 8?

I can only speak from personal experience and yes. I own both and my our SRT pulls on our SS really well. I only have a CAI/Tune on the SRT. The SS has Lid, K+N, 85mm MAF and TB, SLP Y-pipe, Magnaflow CB and UD pulley. The biggest thing with SRT's are resetting the ECM since they learn to adapt to lazy driving. I still reset it weekly even with the Diablo.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PowershifterNC
I'd like to see someone chop up a charger and make a 2dr...I bet the weight would make a difference then

u asked for it lol done by west coast customs

Old 03-30-2008, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I can only speak from personal experience and yes. I own both and my our SRT pulls on our SS really well. I only have a CAI/Tune on the SRT. The SS has Lid, K+N, 85mm MAF and TB, SLP Y-pipe, Magnaflow CB and UD pulley. The biggest thing with SRT's are resetting the ECM since they learn to adapt to lazy driving. I still reset it weekly even with the Diablo.
The numbers don't add up.

From my experiences at the track, I've seen a few SRT8's and the best I ever saw was a 13.1 (don't remember the trap) from Charger, he said he intake and full exhaust. He was on street tires though.

I guess anything can happen on the street. But they must move out pretty good if they perform like people who own them say.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

I dont have to give any excuse to you, buddy. Thats my opinion.

Agree with the 1/4 mile since its the way that most resembles my view of what a race is. Running in the streets from stoplights is retarded. BTW any street racing is retarded. All this from a roll or a dig is still BS.....
You obviously don't belong here, at all.

I guess those 11sec, 200mph-capable AMG cars would always "lose" too since they are usually limited to 155mph.

I suppose the Texas Mile is about 3 miles too short?
Old 03-30-2008, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
The numbers don't add up.

From my experiences at the track, I've seen a few SRT8's and the best I ever saw was a 13.1 (don't remember the trap) from Charger, he said he intake and full exhaust. He was on street tires though.

I guess anything can happen on the street. But they must move out pretty good if they perform like people who own them say.

Well I usually see them trap 108-110 in stock or CAI/Tune form, but everything is speculation these days with street racing. Here is the fastest CAI/Tune run that I know of.

12.48 @113 but he did his own timing tables. So about 110-112 with cai/tune is enough to outrun my SS. It gets worse though the faster we go. Fun cars.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...t=12+sec+times