Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

"BAD BEAM"

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 12:24 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "BAD BEAM"

I'm driving down to pep boys to get some tools for the cam install next week, and I see a blue car swerving around a few cars back. At first I thought it was a Z3, by the front of it. I get on the onramp to rt.27 and he swings across 2 lanes to get on it also. We go around and he shoots out from the onramp onto rt.27, as I just merge like a normal, sane, person. Now that I can clearly see the car, its a really sharp clean looking BMW M roadster, with the huge tires. (later I see that he has MONSTER exhaust pipes (BIGGER THEN MINE?!?) and a license plate that says "BAD BEAM").
He precedes to think he can blow by me, in which he has a good 3 car head start gaining speed. As he gets up to my door, I see that its a guy in his mid 30's or so, and a woman around the same age. I downshift into 3rd and floor it. He gets about a car in front of me (due to the fact he was doing 90 and i was only doing 60 when he passed me), and then I start quickly reeling him in.
I get about a car or two in front of him and i have to hit the brakes to go around a car in my lane. Well, as soon as I get behind him again, he floors it. I give it a half second or so since I was on his *** to begin with, then hit it also.

He's flying down the street, and i keep having to let off, and reapply gas to keep from slamming into him. As soon as there’s no cars in the right lane I precede to get into the right lane, give it WOT and completely destroy him.

I did enjoy his face as I went flying by him and his "BAD BEAM"

Overall a nice car, but I had always thought they were faster then that. I don't think it could’ve even hung with a stock LS1 ... which is why I don’t understand why he would pick on one.

P.S. As with most of my races, the nitrous was not in the car.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:34 PM

Default Re:

I actually did some research on the car.

3.2-litre, dual overhead cam, 24-valve inline six-cylinder engine

0-60 in 5.4 seconds.
13.6 @ 106 Quarter-mile.

So I am guessing that this guy didn't have much in the way of modifications besides the exaust, and maybe an intake or something.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:33 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re:

I wish that kinda scenario would happen to me more often. I enjoy it so much when others initiate. Great story. Woulda been great to have the bottle for an all out slaughter.
I also thought those M's were faster.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:37 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re:

is that a magazine corrected 13.6 e.t.?, i've seen them gain as much as .6 on there e.t.'s, given perfect elevation, tempature, and blah blah blah, it probably cant even get into the 13's, but I do love dusting those guys that spend 70k on a car that they think is fast
Old 07-27-2003, 01:06 PM

Default Re:

is that a magazine corrected 13.6 e.t.?, i've seen them gain as much as .6 on there e.t.'s, given perfect elevation, tempature, and blah blah blah, it probably cant even get into the 13's, but I do love dusting those guys that spend 70k on a car that they think is fast
I have no idea if its correct or so.

It did get beat like a mid-high 13 second car should though, so I am assuming it is pretty close to being accurate.
As you said, the number that the mags post is always the best they could possibly get out of the car, and its average is probably a few tenths higher.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re:

nice.....I love killing exspensive cars that people buy and think are the fastest things on the street.....
Old 07-27-2003, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re:

Oh, I get it : BEAMer
Yuppies suck.