Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed a 600+RWHP Supra in my bottle fed Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Killed a 600+RWHP Supra in my bottle fed Z

You must have a fast car. SW's Supra was at about 900rwhp. It was the first full interior Supra to run over 150 mph through the 1/4mile. I think he ran a 9.8 with a 130 shot. His new ride should be quicker and faster. He really must not be able to drive if the race was from a roll....
SW has a lot of car's i hear. This Supra's dyno #'s are in the 600's like i stated. They say it CAN hit 700+ on high boost but hasn't been attempted. We are dynoing on the 16th again so we will see. I know SW also has a supra that run 9's in the 1/4. I've seeen vid's of it, that thing FLY'S. But this is not the one. Just a black supra owned and built by SW. I thought it was that same car he was buying myself untill i asked "is this the one that run's 9's"
If all works out i MIGHT have another kill to post after this weekend. Or a got killed, only time will tell. Ill post either way. He is getting some race gas and cranking it up.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Teching In

SW has a lot of car's i hear. This Supra's dyno #'s are in the 600's like i stated. They say it CAN hit 700+ on high boost but hasn't been attempted. We are dynoing on the 16th again so we will see. I know SW also has a supra that run 9's in the 1/4. I've seeen vid's of it, that thing FLY'S. But this is not the one. Just a black supra owned and built by SW. I thought it was that same car he was buying myself untill i asked "is this the one that run's 9's"
If all works out i MIGHT have another kill to post after this weekend. Or a got killed, only time will tell. Ill post either way. He is getting some race gas and cranking it up.

[/quote]

SW's definitely has alot of cars. He only had 2 Supras though. He sold the 9 sec one. The other one was setup to be a road racing car which is his real passion. It was BPU so it only had 400+ rwhp. It is being built to the hilt and is currently at over 1040 rwhp. So if thats truly SW's Supra then it is the 9 sec one.

http://www.turboimports.com/swst88supra.html

http://www.turboimports.com/sws97bpuroad.html

The 9 sec Supra was sold over a yr ago. I guess it was resold....

Old 08-06-2003, 10:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Kinda of a newbie to all this Supra stuff so don't laugh at this question. What does BPU stand for?
Old 08-06-2003, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Kinda of a newbie to all this Supra stuff so don't laugh at this question. What does BPU stand for?
No problem..BPU means Basic Performance Upgrades...usually consists of an exhaust, downpipe, some form of boost cut controller, and usually 18+ lbs of boost. HP ranges from 360rwhp to 460rwhp depending on tune, parts used, amount of boost and if the car is auto or 6 spd......
Old 08-07-2003, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

and they're still slow at that range.. it takes a single conversion to make em really fun to **** off
Old 08-07-2003, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

This car was was recently switched to a single so i was told? And the Fikse wheels were removed before it sold. It now has CCW's. And the one I raced looked like this under the hood. And AGAIN dyno'd in the 600's. I doubt he is lying about where he got it from. But the front end has the same bumper and same look as the 9 sec supra. They are both close though. Under the hood looks different. It must hhave been changed if it was that one?
Old 08-07-2003, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

And it has a plate cover on the back that reads Elite Motorsports Austin TX. But i can find their website?
Old 08-07-2003, 05:26 PM
Teching In

and they're still slow at that range.. it takes a single conversion to make em really fun to **** off
There is always someone faster. I put down alot more power than a BPU Supra but I wounldnt say that any 450+rwhp car is slow. Its alot faster than most cars u would meet on the street...I know some singles in the 900 to 1000rwhp range...u cant **** everyone off...
Old 08-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Teching In

This car was was recently switched to a single so i was told? And the Fikse wheels were removed before it sold. It now has CCW's. And the one I raced looked like this under the hood. And AGAIN dyno'd in the 600's. I doubt he is lying about where he got it from. But the front end has the same bumper and same look as the 9 sec supra. They are both close though. Under the hood looks different. It must hhave been changed if it was that one?

Thats not SW's car. He still owns the BPU supra. The engine is totally different from the one in the picture and SW sold his Supra 9 sec as is, engine and turbo included. His car was never at 600...it went from stock to the 9 sec beast in the link...
Old 08-07-2003, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

If you know SW so well then why dont you call him and ask him if he sold this car?
Old 08-07-2003, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

Go to VIPimports.com and look about half way down the page. See the 97 Supra 700RWHP? Does it look like the pick you showed me? See it sais SOLD?
Old 08-07-2003, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the car (and yes it did belong to SW, it was the car he waas building for road racing):
Old 08-07-2003, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drool... supra's are so nice... If I could ever afford one, I'd deifnitely drive it. Then again, if I could afford a Supra, I could probbaly afford to insure a first gen Camaro, too...
Old 08-09-2003, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

For the record, SW has owned 3 black Supras.

The one pictured above is the 1997 car that just had bolt-on's, but was changed to a Greddy T78 single turbo. That is the car you raced. That is the old "road race" car.

The 1995 black targa top 9-second daily driver sold many months ago.

His latest project is a 1995 black hardtop that is a street/drag car. It recently put down 1040rwhp...