Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Where did the rice burners come from?? History of gay cars.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wait until the fast and the furious 4 comes out. Apparently there is suppose to be alot of domestic cars in it. I just hope this movie doesn't have the same type of influence the rest of the movies did with imports, especially for how cheap you can pick up a relatively fast domestic. I live in a small town and it seems like the "ricer" mods weren't around before the first movie came out. Fart cans, aluminum wings, vinyl graphics, neon lights and body kits seem to be on alot of cars now. Most of these types of cars around here don't see any performance mods, but they still feel they're driving a race car, and drive like ********. Imagine the accidents that will happen if the f&f fanboys buy a car with decent power, not saying there aren't these types of people driving fast cars already, just seems like there would be even more.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99RebelZ28
Just wait until the fast and the furious 4 comes out. Apparently there is suppose to be alot of domestic cars in it. I just hope this movie doesn't have the same type of influence the rest of the movies did with imports, especially for how cheap you can pick up a relatively fast domestic. I live in a small town and it seems like the "ricer" mods weren't around before the first movie came out. Fart cans, aluminum wings, vinyl graphics, neon lights and body kits seem to be on alot of cars now. Most of these types of cars around here don't see any performance mods, but they still feel they're driving a race car, and drive like ********. Imagine the accidents that will happen if the f&f fanboys buy a car with decent power, not saying there aren't these types of people driving fast cars already, just seems like there would be even more.
ya and watch the new skyine will be the God car. The best car ever made and that will ever be made. haha
Old 04-03-2008, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did anyone catch this from fquick blog awhile ago?

"This is no joke. Nissan is enforcing the "No Rice" rule on their GT-R. Spied from an imported JDM GT-R's manual, this picture tells the new car buyer that they shouldn't be slapping park benches or over-done body kits on their ride. Hopefully this message is enough! "
Old 04-03-2008, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 180ls1
ya and watch the new skyine will be the God car. The best car ever made and that will ever be made. haha
Oh god. I was dreading the release of that car SO much for that reason alone. All the import fanboys and anti-American car enthusiasts just WON'T shut up about the damn GT-R. Like I need an overly computerized, overwrought 3900 lb car that the steering can go out on in the front AND the rear.

Is it a pretty cool car?........sure. Will it still get owned by much less sophisticated domestics out on the street?...............YEP.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
I feel it is much like rap, the trend is here to stay. We have a dedicated group of what say pro street racers and have our own means of keeping out the riff raff. The vid I showed had over 300 people there from a 5 state area. Hell we even had a cop in a squad car watching! LOL
Spinning slicks, HAHA. Why'd you get rid of a hugger orange 408 camaro, WTF!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Finite1
Did anyone catch this from fquick blog awhile ago?

"This is no joke. Nissan is enforcing the "No Rice" rule on their GT-R. Spied from an imported JDM GT-R's manual, this picture tells the new car buyer that they shouldn't be slapping park benches or over-done body kits on their ride. Hopefully this message is enough! "
Hahaha......that's funny. Not something we have to really worry about though. Cuz fortunately the kind of dickwads that are into that kind of "ricer-fication" can't and won't ever be able to afford a new GT-R.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 180ls1
Actually you will be quite surprised with the scene the GTR is in. Lets just say it will be kept in check by THE new american icon.

Last edited by djsanchez2; 04-03-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chavez885
Spinning slicks, HAHA. Why'd you get rid of a hugger orange 408 camaro, WTF!
It wasn't orange. It was red. It does look orange in the vid I guess. It was to slow. LOL NOT!! It was stolen. I miss that bitch so much. It was half the car my new one is bt, I whipped alot of *** in her.
I akin the SS to that Xgirl friend that was semigood looking but would **** the hell out of you. The WS6 is the hot as hell girlfriend that just doesn't quite do it. Then again I haven't driven the new car much.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

Huh? it got kinda hard to understand in the last part bro.

Fixed:
Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
It wasn't orange, it was red. It does look orange in the vid I guess. It was too slow, LOL..... NOT!! It was stolen. I miss that bitch so much. It was half the car my new one is but, I whipped alot of *** with her.

I akin it to that ex-girl friend type that was semi-good looking but would **** the hell out of you. The new one is the hot as hell girlfriend that just doesn't quite do it. Then again I haven't driven the new car much.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Finite1
Are you ******* with me? The internet doesn't convey sarcasm well. Of course they would be non-FI cars, maybe a couple 99' Cobra's or some V6's or somthing. lol

I've never seen somthing like this happen where two cars intentionally don't allow someone I guess do anything like speed up, slow down, change lanes, etc.. RUTHLESS f-body drivers picking on a Mach 1. haha. I guess it would be "walled" in.. but still I found that humorous.
No man, I am giving you credit. Look at the first page how good of drivers the f-body guys were to box in a mach-1 with only 2 cars. I know you would first try speed up then slow down, well what else is there, oh yea left or right hahahaha.
Women mustang drivers...
Old 04-03-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Huh? it got kinda hard to understand in the last part bro.

Fixed:
I have the rest of the week off and I am currently buzzed. It made sense to me!LOL OOPS!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Launching!

Actually you will quite surprised with the scene the GTR is in. Lets just say it will be kept in check by THE new american icon.
Good! Its about time these **** realize a Z06 stomps just about everything. I'm assuming its either a C6 Z06 or ZR1?
Old 04-03-2008, 11:56 PM
TECH Regular

Good! Its about time these **** realize a Z06 stomps just about everything. I'm assuming its either a C6 Z06 or ZR1?
ZR1 would be my $$$$$$$
Old 04-03-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry can't say. But you MIGHT be right with the latter of the two.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Staging Lane

Hasn't it already happened? I've seen plenty of riced out F-bodies and Mustangs.... its sickening!
Old 04-04-2008, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Actually you will be quite surprised with the scene the GTR is in. Lets just say it will be kept in check by THE new american icon.
Ya i dont know how surprised i will be but i really wont want to see a bunch of nut huggers glorifying their 100k+ car (that is what they are going for). And i know it traps 125 in the 1/4 and the c6z record it 127 by ranger so i think those two will duke it out pretty well. I know the new viper will have it tamed and the new zr1 will also.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its not fair of some of you guys to label the people that smoke weed as ricers. I have probly been high at most of the meets i attend and never had problems of anykind. Even got busted about 3 weeks ago doin a dig from 40 to just over 100 w/ a c5, i was stoned, and got let off w/ a warning because i being safe around traffic, and the cop liked my car lol.

I do have a friend tho w/ a B16 (maybe b18, i dont know) hatch and i HATE riding w/ him. It seems as though he has to show me what his car can do everytime i ride with him, always shifting with just a couple mph left in the gear (car has no tach), rides *** HARD, cuts people off, shifts like hes in a constant race. Im always paranoid that we will get pulled over because of his driving and both get busted w/ pot.

The same friend had a 3rd gen camaro when we were in highschool. He honestly drives the civic WAY WORSE. sure he did his share of messin around in the camaro, but this civic is a constant. He would stop once around traffic w/ the camaro (probably scared him).

I think the reason ricers drive like they do is because they cant get the adrenaline rush that we can out of our f-bods (or other fast cars fwiw) so they have to get off by getting dangerously close to people and all the other stupid **** they do. While we just find an open road w/ no one in sight and let loose till 4th gear ends.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not so sure you're helping your cause here. So you smoke weed and drive, carry weed while driving with reckless friends, race high and luck out from getting caught. Naa, that's not ricer. Thats called being irresponsible I think? Do you. I dont know what you expect anyone to think?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Launching!

Hmmm... I always thought pot heads drove extra slow, its the drunks that are nuts behind the wheel. But seriously, thats retarded, especially when you're trying to convince people that its ok to race when you're stoned. As if street racing wasn't a problem already, you're bringing drugs into the equation.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I stopped street racing a few years ago after seeing accidents and people being hit and just refuse to be around guys smoking weed and drinking while driving way too fast. I keep my racing now to just the quick stoplight to stoplight and at the track.

It is funny that at Irwindale out here (1/8th mile) guys in the stands see a vega run a mid 6 second pass and dont say anything...but a civic runs a low 9 and they are cheering like crazy.

Quick Reply: Where did the rice burners come from?? History of gay cars.