Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo VS. Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
So the Evo automatically wins how??

The Evo runs low 13's with a super hard 6K clutch frying launch. An LS1 F-body runs low 13's without launching hard. So if the Evo launches hard, its a drivers race. If the Evo doesn't launch his car (maybe he cares about his drivetrain at least a little bit?) the LS1 will murder it.
You don't know what the hell your talking about why do you respond to any thread that involve's evo's??

I think the ls1 would win stock for stock, but please do yourself a favor everyone and don't listen to this guy above, he has NO IDEA about what the hell he's talking about, and has been banned before for his blatant bs!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Stock Evo.....? Those don't exist do they? I think as soon as those racer-boy wannabes drive those cars off the lot, they mod them as quickly as possible just so they can be a tick faster than the Lancer without the goofy hood. Thats' the mentality in this area , anyways, for those car owners, and it may not be that way nationwide.They all wanna be treated like underdogs yet spend thousands just to hang with stock F bodies, Mustangs and some older Vettes. I give a stock vs stock run to the Late 4th Gen TA in the 1/4 from a dig and from a 50mph roll to 140mph. The Lancer should just stay parked.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Evilways
Stock Evo.....? Those don't exist do they? I think as soon as those racer-boy wannabes drive those cars off the lot, they mod them as quickly as possible just so they can be a tick faster than the Lancer without the goofy hood. Thats' the mentality in this area , anyways, for those car owners, and it may not be that way nationwide.They all wanna be treated like underdogs yet spend thousands just to hang with stock F bodies, Mustangs and some older Vettes. I give a stock vs stock run to the Late 4th Gen TA in the 1/4 from a dig and from a 50mph roll to 140mph. The Lancer should just stay parked.
Keep telling yourself that but I've owned an fbody now, and I can't believe how fast bolt on's add up. Comparing a stock turbo car to an n/a car, even a v8, and trying to say the turbo car is so much more expensive to mod is pretty ignorant. But you can think what you want, if it make's you feel better to think they have to spend more than you to make the same power go ahead, but you're wrong. It's usually the other way around, that's why so many fbody owners are always talking about them, they can be made fast very easily, and that's why many are, and many are giving the fbody's a run for their money, if it was so expensive then so many people wouldn't be doing it.

The new Evo x for example made 100+whp more so far with very light bolt on's, just an intake, upper intercooler pipe, boost controller, and exhuast, they haven't even tuned it yet, and it's pig rich from the factory.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:24 PM
11 Second Club

you keep talking, but all I hear is rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice, you get my drift, and it ain't tokyo, Vinny, ol' boy. Evos are over rated, ugly little buzz boxes. They're fine for what they're supposed to be, a souped up grocery getting Lancer, but as for a sports car, well, they ain't that.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Evilways
you keep talking, but all I hear is rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice ricerice rice rice rice rice rice rice, .
lol, wow...did you just finish grade school?

Listen I don't wanna get into an e-fest over this, you can think what you want. You have a cool car in your sig. pic so w/e your doing must be working and you can't be as dumb or childish as that post made you out to be. So w/e, think what you want I'm not gonna continue this import vs domestic argument, I just offered my opinion, it probably came out strong but I've owned turbo cars and v8's now and have formed a strong opinion, what can I say.

This is way off topic now and these bench racing what if threads suck anyway, just go out and race and find out.

Last edited by jimmy169; 04-23-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Evilways- If an Evo is not the definition of a sports car, please define what you mean by sportscar.

In my book a car that accelerates, corners, and stops well is a sports car- regardless of it having 4 doors and an econobox platform.

Have you ever heard of Rally racing? Or Time Attack? Evo's have quite the strong racing pedigree.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmy169
You don't know what the hell your talking about why do you respond to any thread that involve's evo's??
And what part of my post was inaccurate?? DSMfan pretty much restated what I said.

I think the ls1 would win stock for stock, but please do yourself a favor everyone and don't listen to this guy above, he has NO IDEA about what the hell he's talking about, and has been banned before for his blatant bs!
Once again...didn't say anything inaccurate. Just because you are a member of the import brigade around here doesn't mean everyone else has to like them as much as you do.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

Im not chosing sides here but i searched sports car on dictionary.com and this i what i got...

Originally Posted by whiteghost
Evilways- If an Evo is not the definition of a sports car, please define what you mean by sportscar.

In my book a car that accelerates, corners, and stops well is a sports car- regardless of it having 4 doors and an econobox platform.

Have you ever heard of Rally racing? Or Time Attack? Evo's have quite the strong racing pedigree.

Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
sports car
–noun a small, high-powered automobile with long, low lines, usually seating two persons.

Also, sport car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1920–25]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc.
To learn more about sports car visit Britannica.com

© 2008 Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This -

sports car
n. An automobile equipped for racing, especially an aerodynamically shaped one-passenger or two-passenger vehicle having a low center of gravity and steering and suspension designed for precise control at high speeds.

(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
WordNet - Cite This Source - Share This sports car

noun
a small low car with a high-powered engine; usually seats two persons

WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Banned

Keep telling yourself that but I've owned an fbody now, and I can't believe how fast bolt on's add up. Comparing a stock turbo car to an n/a car, even a v8, and trying to say the turbo car is so much more expensive to mod is pretty ignorant. But you can think what you want, if it make's you feel better to think they have to spend more than you to make the same power go ahead, but you're wrong. It's usually the other way around, that's why so many fbody owners are always talking about them, they can be made fast very easily, and that's why many are, and many are giving the fbody's a run for their money, if it was so expensive then so many people wouldn't be doing it.
Look at his car. Do you honestly think he gives two flying ***** about a piece of **** 230WHP econo sedan that looks like something out of a cartoon?? Obviously not. His car is better, period, so he has no reason to be "ignorant" or "make himself feel better". Use some common sense for once.

The new Evo x for example made 100+whp more so far with very light bolt on's, just an intake, upper intercooler pipe, boost controller, and exhuast, they haven't even tuned it yet, and it's pig rich from the factory.
And here come the over-exaggerated, highly inflated numbers to make everyone think that the new Evo is God's gift to the world.

Here's a quarter, go call someone who cares.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:38 PM
***Repost Police***

Well the EVO does fit much of that criteria, but I don't consider it a "sports car." Nor the Mustang, nor the F-body. It is a purpose-built performance car. It does what it was designed to do, and it does it well.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by whiteghost

Its not a damn sports car. Its a 4 door econo car with a turbocharged engine.

I can get a Silverado SS, lower it with full suspension mods, twin turbo it, slap some Brembos on it, and whoop the pants of many an Evo ***. Does that make it a sports car?? Hell no, its still a pickup. Just like an Evo is still an econobox.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

Look at his car. Do you honestly think he gives two flying ***** about a piece of **** 230WHP econo sedan that looks like something out of a cartoon?? Obviously not. His car is better, period, so he has no reason to be "ignorant" or "make himself feel better". Use some common sense for once.

And here come the over-exaggerated, highly inflated numbers to make everyone think that the new Evo is God's gift to the world.

Here's a quarter, go call someone who cares.
http://buschurforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20922

Page 6

Very impressive gains when you compare where we started just 48 hours ago with this car. We have gained 102 whp at 7,000 rpm and 81 ft lbs of torque at 7,000 rpm.

The peak number gains are 81 whp and 25 ft lbs.

The peak torque numbers have not gained much because the peak boost is very close (within a pound) of the factory 22-23 psi peak.

I am very impressed so far. Really need some tuning software to really wake the beast.

In 48 hours we have gone from bone stock to now having our BR 3" True Dual catback exhaust, BR upper i/c pipe, BR airfilter kit, BR 3" offroad pipe and BR manual boost controller on the car.

Read up hillbilly, they threw it on the dyno after every mod as soon as they got their hands on it.

You seem to care, you respond to every evo thread or dsm thread out there. You've been banned for your ignorance and talking out of your ***, when will you learn?

Last edited by jimmy169; 04-23-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Banned

http://buschurforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20922

Read up hillbilly, they threw it on the dyno after every mod as soon as they got their hands on it.

You seem to care, you respond to every evo thread or dsm thread out there. You've been banned for your ignorance and talking out of your ***, when will you learn?
So now you resort to calling names because you can't win your stupid arguement about how awesome you think the Evo is. Pathetic.

Banned for "ignorance"?? As if thats an offense around here, if it was you'd be long gone. I got in trouble for making fun of and argueing with people like yourself for being so ignroant and import biased.

Once again...I don't care what the ricers at Buscher racing are doing to the new X. It put down 215WHP stock, its a piece. They are trying to sell products for the new Evo. Of course they are going to make it appear that it puts down big numbers. Whose to say they don't have the boost cranked way up on the subsequent dyno pulls after stock??
Old 04-23-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

So now you resort to calling names because you can't win your stupid arguement about how awesome you think the Evo is. Pathetic.

Banned for "ignorance"?? As if thats an offense around here, if it was you'd be long gone. I got in trouble for making fun of and argueing with people like yourself for being so ignroant and import biased.

Once again...I don't care what the ricers at Buscher racing are doing to the new X. It put down 215WHP stock, its a piece. They are trying to sell products for the new Evo. Of course they are going to make it appear that it puts down big numbers. Whose to say they don't have the boost cranked way up on the subsequent dyno pulls after stock??
It's a stock turbo...your an idiot, I'm done.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Banned

It's a stock turbo...your an idiot, I'm done.
Excellent. Nobody wanted to hear about econobox ricers in the first place.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:11 PM
***Repost Police***

Excellent. Nobody wanted to hear about econobox ricers in the first place.
You presented an argument, he presented evidence, and you had no response for his evidence. The article says that the boost level was within 1psi of the factory boost setting. And it's more like 235-240whp stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWOoBnGfWT0
Old 04-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
You presented an argument, he presented evidence, and you had no response for his evidence. The article says that the boost level was within 1psi of the factory boost setting. And it's more like 235-240whp stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWOoBnGfWT0
According to his link, 215WHP bone stock:

http://buschurforums.com/forum/showp...15&postcount=2

The "article" is nothing more than a "tuner" experimenting with mods and dynoing the results. They are trying to sell their products, all they have to do it use the manual boost controller to up the numbers of the mods they installed. If you seriously believe that a 4 cylinder is going to gain 102WHP from intake and exhaust piping upgrades, you're smoking something good.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:22 PM
***Repost Police***

The "article" is nothing more than a "tuner" experimenting with mods and dynoing the results. They are trying to sell their products, all they have to do it use the manual boost controller to up the numbers of the mods they installed. If you seriously believe that a 4 cylinder is going to gain 102WHP from intake and exhaust piping upgrades, you're smoking something good.
Every dyno is different, just like every car is different... but I wouldn't hold 215whp as the standard. And ~325-350whp with full intake/exhaust, a tune, and 1psi more boost on an EVO doesn't sound far fetched to me at all.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Regular

The boost controller holds the boost throughout the rpm range, without it the boost falls off. Again, you have no idea what your talking about, why are you here? Stop spreading your blatant lie's and ignorance.

They are giving out free reflash's now at the dealer because of how rich the car came stock, it is said to bring it from 215whp to 230whp I think it was, these are just quick free reflash's. The car is extremely rich stock, I've heard of their a/f's in the 9's. And this isn't in reply to you because you to oblivious to understand and too stubborn to open your eye's to facts anyway, this is to those who are curious.

You're nothing more than a troll who spreads falls information about any car you don't like.

Last edited by jimmy169; 04-23-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Teching In

The 240whp figure is more along the lines of a DynoJet. It's no mystery that Buschur's Dyno is a low reading Mustang Dyno. Back in 2006, I made 305whp on that dyno and was trapping 114mph.

Quick Reply: Evo VS. Trans Am