Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo VS. Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Every dyno is different, just like every car is different... but I wouldn't hold 215whp as the standard. And ~325-350whp with full intake/exhaust, a tune, and 1psi more boost on an EVO doesn't sound far fetched to me at all.
You are definitely on crack. 350WHP on nearly stock boost with just intake and exhaust and a tune?? God, I've heard some bullshit before, but you've raised it to another level.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:26 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
You are definitely on crack. 350WHP on nearly stock boost with just intake and exhaust and a tune?? God, I've heard some bullshit before, but you've raised it to another level.
Read post #40... Buschur's dyno is a Mustang dyno
Old 04-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmy169
The boost controller holds the boost throughout the rpm range, without it the boost falls off. Again, you have no idea what your talking about, why are you here? Stop spreading your blatant lie's and ignorance.
I thought you were done?? Couldn't resist bragging about imports more I suppose??

I'm not saying they are turning the boost up during the run. They could be upping the boost before the dyno run, therefore providing much higher numbers. Why is that so hard for you to understand?? I suppose now you're going to tell us you know these guys personally though, and they would never overinflate dyno numbers

They are giving out free reflash's now at the dealer because of how rich the car came stock, it is said to add 25-30whp I think it was, that's why the 2 dyno's are different. The car is extremely rich stock, I've heard of their a/f's in the 9's. And this isn't in reply to you because you to oblivious to understand and too stubborn to open your eye's to facts anyway, this is to those who are curious.
A/F in the 9's?? The thing never would have even passed US emissions standards, not to mention it would barely run and probably foul the plugs on a regular basis. You obviously don't have a clue, so you've just resorted to making up crap.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

Why do you quote other people in your sig. like that? I've seen people do it for humor, but not to belittle the next guy, your a troll...been banned before and still haven't learned...stay in school...
Old 04-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmy169
Why do you quote other people in your sig. like that? I've seen people do it for humor, but not to belittle the next guy, your a troll...been banned before and still haven't learned...stay in school...
LOL. How am I belittling anyone?? Its a direct quote of what they said, there was no need to add any comments to show everyone how dumb the quotes were in the first place.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:38 PM
***Repost Police***

I thought you were done?? Couldn't resist bragging about imports more I suppose??

I'm not saying they are turning the boost up during the run. They could be upping the boost before the dyno run, therefore providing much higher numbers. Why is that so hard for you to understand?? I suppose now you're going to tell us you know these guys personally though, and they would never overinflate dyno numbers

A/F in the 9's?? The thing never would have even passed US emissions standards, not to mention it would barely run and probably foul the plugs on a regular basis. You obviously don't have a clue, so you've just resorted to making up crap.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=322616

Originally Posted by Vishnu
In fact, today's results show that a tuned Evo X (with no additional bolt-on parts) makes as much power to the wheels as a tuned Evo IX with a full exhaust (dp+highflow cat+ cat-back). And that's just for starters. I'm sure the X will benefit from exhaust upgrades as well as additional tuning. Right now, peak boost is set to 23psi, tapering down to just 15psi by 7000rpm. There's a little bit still left in there.

All dyno testing was conducted on a Mustang Dyno at Full Function (www.fftec.com). Baseline was 215whp and 240lbft of torque. Basically right in line with what has been reported by others. Of course, this was on a motor with just 200 miles so I suspect it would have picked up some more hp as it broke in. For comparison, stock Evo IXs do a bit better with approx 220whp/235lbft.

But once boost, fuel and timing were adjusted, we saw a repeatable 285-290whp and 290-295lbft of torque. For comparison, Tuned Evo IXs end up making 270-275whp and 280-290lbft of torque on the same dyno. This is on straight 91oct.

The X runs grossly rich under boost. So rich, in fact, that the engine bogs briefly between shifts at WOT. Really annoying.
-Power output is very sensitive to fueling as soon a AFR leans out from the 10-10.5:1 AFR range it usually runs in at full load. And it stays reasonably sensitive to enleanment even into the 12-12.5:1 AFR range. Something that wasn't the case with the 4G63.
Like he said... it runs PIG RICH stock.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:39 PM
***Repost Police***

LOL. How am I belittling anyone?? Its a direct quote of what they said, there was no need to add any comments to show everyone how dumb the quotes were in the first place.
You used a PORTION of what I said... the rest of my sentence clearly states exactly what I was saying, as does the rest of the conversation.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man, 235rwhp is fairly pathetic for a boosted four at 22lbs. I could prolly run that in my 2 with about 15psi and full bolt-ons. This bench race thread has gone over it's intended use IBTL.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:26 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
Man, 235rwhp is fairly pathetic for a boosted four at 22lbs. I could prolly run that in my 2 with about 15psi and full bolt-ons. This bench race thread has gone over it's intended use IBTL.
Simply leaning out the AFR brings the power up to the 270-275whp range, and bolt-ons put it over 300whp... not too bad in my book.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those heads do flow well, great turbo, but it just seems that something is lost in translation with 22psi. Maybe it's the power sapping AWD, but it just seems to not make the power even earlier DSM's made with similar amounts of boost thru a similar turbo.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

Its not a damn sports car. Its a 4 door econo car with a turbocharged engine.

I can get a Silverado SS, lower it with full suspension mods, twin turbo it, slap some Brembos on it, and whoop the pants of many an Evo ***. Does that make it a sports car?? Hell no, its still a pickup. Just like an Evo is still an econobox.

This has got to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever read.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
Those heads do flow well, great turbo, but it just seems that something is lost in translation with 22psi. Maybe it's the power sapping AWD, but it just seems to not make the power even earlier DSM's made with similar amounts of boost thru a similar turbo.
It's stock, and pig rich, lol. I'm sure that stock turbo is capable of 300-400whp just as the last gen was.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Banned

So the Evo automatically wins how??

The Evo runs low 13's with a super hard 6K clutch frying launch. An LS1 F-body runs low 13's without launching hard. So if the Evo launches hard, its a drivers race. If the Evo doesn't launch his car (maybe he cares about his drivetrain at least a little bit?) the LS1 will murder it.
Make some more excuses for the T/A
Old 04-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by COD02SS
Make some more excuses for the T/A
Who's making excuses??

With a competent driver, the T/A should win from a dig, and from a roll the T/A wins every time by a large margin. As usual, you're not making any sense, just trolling.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Who's making excuses??

With a competent driver, the T/A should win from a dig, and from a roll the T/A wins every time by a large margin. As usual, you're not making any sense, just trolling.
Especially with good tires from a dig. And depending on the distance...
Old 04-23-2008, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

So the Evo automatically wins how??

The Evo runs low 13's with a super hard 6K clutch frying launch. An LS1 F-body runs low 13's without launching hard. So if the Evo launches hard, its a drivers race. If the Evo doesn't launch his car (maybe he cares about his drivetrain at least a little bit?) the LS1 will murder it.
x2, Ive seen enough 14 second passes from stock Evos to know it still takes some skill to get them moving.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
The 240whp figure is more along the lines of a DynoJet. It's no mystery that Buschur's Dyno is a low reading Mustang Dyno. Back in 2006, I made 305whp on that dyno and was trapping 114mph.
Good Info... I saw a lot of info about the Buschur dyno reading low compared to a dynojet... i will vouch for that.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:17 AM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

It will be interesting to see how the Evo X does. The internals in the new 4B11 from what I've seen appear to be beefier than the 4G63 but the 4B11 utilizes a semi-closed aluminum block vs. the 4G63's closed-deck iron block. Only time will tell how things play out for the X, but it does seem to respond to light bolt-ons better than the VIII/IX.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
in before the
why would there be a lock..
Old 04-24-2008, 09:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
why would there be a lock..
It's a what if question/bench racing thread, against the rule's.

Quick Reply: Evo VS. Trans Am