Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo VS. Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To clarify the boost numbers issue- understand that the stock Evo turbo's are quite small and will peak at around 30lbs of boost when they come on (on a stock displacement 2L motor). As rpms rise they cannot simultaneously maintain the boost level and airflow demands and the boost level tapers down as the engine approaches high rpms.

So at 3500rpms the turbo can make 23lbs but at 7000 its more like 15lbs. A larger turbo capable of more airflow solves this issue quite easily, but at the expense of a higher spool rpm threshold.

ONWDUMBASSWS6- you're quick to discredit David Buschur as a ricer f*g yet he's won countless races and built hundreds of winning race cars. He is a stand up guy and one of the top tuners in the country. Your inferiority complex/stupidity is really on display for all to see (again). What exactly have you done that makes you an expert on anything but ignorance (which you have evidently mastered).
Old 04-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by whiteghost
ONWDUMBASSWS6- you're quick to discredit David Buschur as a ricer f*g yet he's won countless races and built hundreds of winning race cars. He is a stand up guy and one of the top tuners in the country. Your inferiority complex/stupidity is really on display for all to see (again). What exactly have you done that makes you an expert on anything but ignorance (which you have evidently mastered).
Wow, why don't you swing his nuts some more. I don't have any repect for him personally, and I could really care less what he's done with 4 cylinder improts. What is it around here with you import trolls trying to force people to respect cars and individuals that we don't care about?? Thats great that you love him so much, I couldn't give less of a rat's ***. Why can't you just leave well enough alone and let people have their own opinions??

If I don't want to respect "tuner" (ricer) like Buscher I don't have to, epecially not on the LS1Tech. Get a life and stop trying to force your opinions on others. If you want to talk about ricers, go to a different forum.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Wow, why don't you swing his nuts some more. I don't have any repect for him personally, and I could really care less what he's done with 4 cylinder improts. What is it around here with you import trolls trying to force people to respect cars and individuals that we don't care about?? Thats great that you love him so much, I couldn't give less of a rat's ***. Why can't you just leave well enough alone and let people have their own opinions??

If I don't want to respect "tuner" (ricer) like Buscher I don't have to, epecially not on the LS1Tech. Get a life and stop trying to force your opinions on others. If you want to talk about ricers, go to a different forum.
What is it with you trying to force everyone to hate imports aspecially evo's or dsms it seems. Why do you reply when you abviously know nothing about them?
Old 04-24-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmy169
It's a what if question/bench racing thread, against the rule's.
Oh that's right, but i think this is good information, it's not my modded ta against a modded evo...which is usually irrelevant.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Banned

What is it with you trying to force everyone to hate imports aspecially evo's or dsms it seems. Why do you reply when you abviously know nothing about them?
I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. I just tell it like it is. This is a Domestic car forum, of you want to brag about how great imports are go somewhere else. The concept isn't that hard. I know the thigns I'm talking about mosly from forst hand experience, you are obviously the one with the lack of knoelwdge. You, like many other members of the import brigade on here, go by word of mouth. If someone says its true, must be. The majority of the things I talk about I've seen first hand. I'm not blind to reality, just because someone says something is true I don't belive it until I've personally seen it happen.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
Oh that's right, but i think this is good information, it's not my modded ta against a modded evo...which is usually irrelevant.
Yeah but you really have to weed out the false bs info from the truth. And some people will pull anything out of their ***. I offered proof, quote's, dyno sheets, and website's (page 2 where he tries to call me a liar), and you have onedumbassws6 still saying it's wrong and/or inflated or the boost was raised and it's all a lie, lol. And then it's rice this, rice that.

Seriously, read his reply above, and then look at page 2, to realize what a hypocrit and liar he is, and how he thinks he's so clever trying to fool everyone, just look at page 2 after reading his reply, it's comical, aspecially the part about us going by word of mouth after I showed em related links and dyno charts even, in his twisted head I'm the one going by word of mouth.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Banned

Yeah but you really have to weed out the false bs info from the truth. And some people will pull anything out of their ***. I offered proof, quote's, dyno sheets, and website's (page 2 where he tries to call me a liar), and you have onedumbassws6 still saying it's wrong and/or inflated or the boost was raised and it's all a lie, lol. And then it's rice this, rice that.

Seriously, read his reply above, and then look at page 2, to realize what a hypocrit and liar he is, and how he thinks he's so clever trying to fool everyone, just look at page 2 after reading his reply, it's comical, aspecially the part about us going by word of mouth after I showed em related links and dyno charts even, in his twisted head I'm the one going by word of mouth.
Read what I said again. I don't believe Buscher racing has any interest in providing unbiased numbers. They are trying to sell products, they aren't dynoing the car for ***** and giggles. The numbers seem highly overrated, gaining 102WHP from some intake and exhaust mods and a tune is very hard to believe. If it were that simple, and providing better airflow allowed the engine to be THAT much more efficient, don't you think Mitsubishi would have eliminated the majority of those restrictions from the factory?? It sounds like someone's playing the numbers game.

All you do is sit there and try to convince everyone how awesome imports are. I don't buy half the bullshit you post, and you get all bent out of shape. Too damn bad.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
don't you think Mitsubishi would have eliminated the majority of those restrictions from the factory??
Have you seen a stock ls1 exhaust? Don't you think gm could have eliminated the majority of those restrictions from the factory??? The baffles on the intake lid...you're so biased and filled with bs...wow...the things you come up with...

I've provided you with proof, dyno sheets, and you can look on youtube and anywhere if you're still in denial, there are tons of video's of the stock evo's dyno numbers and how pig rich the a/f's are from the factory.

Again I ask you, what are you doing on here spewing bs when you obviously don't know what you're talking about?? Why do you always jump into any thread with the mention of an evo, dsm, sti, or any import and reply with such utter bullshit, do you think you won't get called on it, you think we're all as ignorant as you?

Last edited by jimmy169; 04-24-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

It is kinda hard to believe an EVO can pick up 102whp from intake/exhaust mods and a tune.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:26 PM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

Well don't forget that 102whp was in context to a specified RPM (7k) compared to stock- It's not a 102whp gain across the whole RPM range. Considering everything that must be done nowadays to meet CAFE regulations it isn't unbelievable at all IMHO.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:11 AM
TECH Regular

Like I said, and I'll enbolden what some may have missed:

http://buschurforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20922

Page 6

Very impressive gains when you compare where we started just 48 hours ago with this car. We have gained 102 whp at 7,000 rpm and 81 ft lbs of torque at 7,000 rpm .

The peak number gains are 81 whp and 25 ft lbs.

The peak torque numbers have not gained much because the peak boost is very close (within a pound) of the factory 22-23 psi peak.

I am very impressed so far. Really need some tuning software to really wake the beast.

In 48 hours we have gone from bone stock to now having our BR 3" True Dual catback exhaust, BR upper i/c pipe, BR airfilter kit, BR 3" offroad pipe and BR manual boost controller on the car.

And also I wrote (this is all on page 2):

The boost controller holds the boost throughout the rpm range, without it the boost falls off.
That's how they were able to gain the 100+whp at 7k rpm's, because the boost would fall off in the higher rpm range without a boost controller.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Regular

I wanna meet ONEBADASSWS6 in person.. i bet he's one of these funny mother ******* that never shuts up and you just can't stop laughing when you're around him....

I agree with some of your comments and disagree with others - and think that some of your posts are unnecessary... but i do thank you for standing up against the import nut-huggers... I don't know **** about anything that's not a mustang or f-body, so i can't say much to import lovers... except, if you think your car is fast, lets see what you got!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

these threads make me want to
Old 04-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
I wanna meet ONEBADASSWS6 in person.. i bet he's one of these funny mother ******* that never shuts up and you just can't stop laughing when you're around him....

I agree with some of your comments and disagree with others - and think that some of your posts are unnecessary... but i do thank you for standing up against the import nut-huggers... I don't know **** about anything that's not a mustang or f-body, so i can't say much to import lovers... except, if you think your car is fast, lets see what you got!
Old 04-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
these threads make me want to
Were you at the CarolinaRides track day?
Old 04-25-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Were you at the CarolinaRides track day?
Awsome sig.!
Old 04-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned

Awsome sig.!
You are pathetic

You should have your own sub-forum here called "LS1Tech Import Brigade". Description - "If you love swinging on the nuts of jap crap, and you're a moron, come on in and start talking bullshit."

An import forum at your home away from home.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

now ive heard it all, buschur is a ricer

just curious, is john shep a ricer?
Old 04-25-2008, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

"LS1Tech Import Brigade Is that something like the Defenders of Truth, Justice, and 350Z's?
Old 04-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
"LS1Tech Import Brigade Is that something like the Defenders of Truth, Justice, and 350Z's?
Thats actually a subgroup of the LS1Tech Import Brigade. There are many branches

Quick Reply: Evo VS. Trans Am