Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Are Mustang realy that slow!?!?!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 02:10 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Are Mustang realy that slow!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hey this is "Kid Freaks" brother. I have an '03 GT by choice and love the car. this bullit guy is a real dumb *** though to talk like he can beat a Z28 or SS. I have lots of respect for Trans Ams, WS6s, Z28s and SS's. They are all bad *** cars. I personally like the look of mustangs a little bit better than camaros and firebirds (the size as well for me) so that is why i got the GT. my next car is going to be the new cobra when it comes out...but when i look at the new mustang i guess it has to grow on me or something because it doesnt look all that great. i know my GT is faster than the average car but in the world of muscle cars it cant compete with z28 or ss. i plan to modify the gt if i realize the cobra is not what i want..but to all you LS1 people out there you have some bad *** cars and if i didnt like the looks of the mustang over the other 2 i'd be an LS1er myself. unless someone has a highly modified gt or stock or better cobra, they really need to stay quiet. bullit you are a dumb *** man, quit talking now.
Good guy ... Its a shame these types of stang owners are few and far between.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"use the Force Luke", bring him to the Dark Side (LS1 side )
Old 08-17-2003, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

He hadthe choice f a 2000-2001 SS or a 99-00 WS6, and he chose to go with a 2003 GT. The main reason he got the car was the color, new for 03 the dark charcol grey. He also got it because it cost him $3,000 with trade in from his 2002 V6. I think deep down he regrets his decion since the wheels on his car are not justfor mustangs, which thought. I stay with him through first, ad then 2nd comes, and MY "SS" is out of there. This brought him to the light.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Teching In

Yeah, I can agree with you guys. Most people in mustangs are asses, but the same can be said about Camaro drivers too. You cant make a biased comment with just a few experinces. I actually like camaro drivers. I have fun playing with the SS's and also with the Pontiac guys. I dunno, we need to just combine agianst the ricers, and stop the V-8 Grudges of the big 3.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, I can agree with you guys. Most people in mustangs are asses, but the same can be said about Camaro drivers too. You cant make a biased comment with just a few experinces. I actually like camaro drivers. I have fun playing with the SS's and also with the Pontiac guys. I dunno, we need to just combine agianst the ricers, and stop the V-8 Grudges of the big 3.
Maybe it'll soon be the big 4- I've heard some rumblings about Mopar recently. With the Dodge Hemi coming back, I've heard a few rumors about maybe the Challenger/Barracuda/Charger, etc coming back with a new 5.7L hemi in it... if that happens, my next car will definitely be a Dodge. I'm counting on it, otherwise I'll have to buy a brand new Stang or a used 01-02 SS/WS6... BRING THE DAMN F-BODY BACK, GM!!!

He is right though.

Five0, your car seems pretty sick have you ran it yet? If so, what'd you run? Props on it, the mods are pretty nasty
Old 08-22-2003, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Maybe it'll soon be the big 4- I've heard some rumblings about Mopar recently. With the Dodge Hemi coming back, I've heard a few rumors about maybe the Challenger/Barracuda/Charger, etc coming back with a new 5.7L hemi in it... if that happens, my next car will definitely be a Dodge. I'm counting on it, otherwise I'll have to buy a brand new Stang or a used 01-02 SS/WS6... BRING THE DAMN F-BODY BACK, GM!!!

He is right though.

Five0, your car seems pretty sick have you ran it yet? If so, what'd you run? Props on it, the mods are pretty nasty
Are you serious? If the charger comes back im selling my stang lol. The times if tooken it to the track something has broken or fallen off or both. My best time with my shifter **** coming off goin to second was a 12.01 dont remember mph. My car is capable of alot. I just need to get al the bugs out of it.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Are you serious? If the charger comes back im selling my stang lol. The times if tooken it to the track something has broken or fallen off or both. My best time with my shifter **** coming off goin to second was a 12.01 dont remember mph. My car is capable of alot. I just need to get al the bugs out of it.
I know too well what your talking about, my car's still got a lot of bugs to be worked out as well.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Hi guys Im new to this board and thought I would chime in on this one since I own a stang. I come to this board to learn more about the LS1/6, LT1 engines. Before I say anything else let me first say that I think any muscle car is a great car and should be treated with respect. Any car can be made fast, I just think that ignorant people like many that have posted here open there mouths and talk to much **** discracing both F bodys and mustangs. Who cares what a car does stock, who cares that the mustang has a 281 and the F-Bodies have a 346 or 350 whatever, who cares that the great F body is no longer in production. **** I would be happy if I could get a LS1 to race me, **** I would be happy if I could get a race at all. Everyone wins some and looses some. Both sides have idiots that drive the type of cars we love. **** the other day I saw a riced out camro with the biggest wing I have ever seen on a camaro, i also see idiots that rice out stangs and make mexican mobiles out of them. But we also have idots in this world that think adding NAWZ to a stock import will make it run a 10 . I guess what Im sayin is it is a tired old argument, the camaro is better, no the mustang is better. Who gives a ****, the only reason I chose my foxbody was becasue it has one of the best stock suspension setups out there( no im not saying the stock suspension is the best im just saying the 4 link design of it), the car can be gutted out and weigh in the 2500 lb range, not to mention mustangs are a dime a dozen and you can find parts for them everywhere. Yes you can find lots of F body parts too! Good kill man, but just so you know, not all mustangs are slow
Old 06-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Launching!

Way to dig up a year old post

Some of thepeople in that huge argument have actually changed their names since then.

BTW after re-reading that, it is blatantly obvious that bullit was not even close to serious about what he was writing, because it is not possible that someone is that dumb. seriously, its just not possible.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yep that was bullitt! and it was mostly a show of what all he did... man talk about a grave digger when it comes to threads!

Welcome to the board.. I am the ford guy here on the ls1 site, as well as Dan (Unit 213) we are the ones, with a few others that keep some of these guys in line!

they cant give me too much ****, i am a person who makes there cars faster

Gray
Old 06-01-2004, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gluemaker
I'm definately more worried when I see a fox 5.0 pull up next to me than I am about a 4.6 GT.

Those old foxes are like GNX's it is hard to find a stock one.
Agreed. When i see one i'm ready to treat him like he's on juice with fat slicks on the back. They make me nervous.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This one needs to die...