Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mr2(turbo) vs TransAM w/ bolt on's and 150 shot.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Mr2(turbo) vs TransAM w/ bolt on's and 150 shot.

You brought this off topic by bashing a Mustang owner.

--Exactly--

Shut up, go away...we don't need or want you, nor will we miss you.

--I second that--

Old 08-03-2003, 10:30 PM
Launching!

No pissing match here man. I just wanna also note that the one for 22K says that it was the last MR2 sold in North America and it only has 24K miles. What do you expect? Seven years from now (if the f-body has not returned), come see me if the last Camaro/Firebird that was sold doesn't fetch at least 22K if it only has 24K miles on it.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

Well first it proves that it's faster than your 11.1 with a slipping clutch. Second, to have any performance potential out of a 2valve mustang, you need to have some kind of FI. Third, the resale on a 91 Mr2, is just about what a 2001 ford mustang cost(just thought I would throw that in). Mr2's go from 8-18,000 dollars(turbo)since there where only 13,000 sold and 4000 where turbo. Fourth, if you take in consideration that a stock mr2 is faster than a gt mustang(anyyear) that should make it 100% out of a million.
What in the hell are you talking about. Ok your right, Like I said I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you all again.
Is that why you posted this crap? No, what in the hell are YOU talking about.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

..and another thing..MR2s are rare for a reason. The ADULTS who could afford to buy MR2s back in the day had SOME taste...you can figure out the rest, if you're intuitive enough.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I understand that it still has 22+ thousand miles on it. The fact is I paid over 13,000 for mine, and I know others who have bought there's for over 15,000 from dealerships.

Why do people always get off topic here. Is it that you are in denial about losing to a 4 cyl car. This was not a post about bashing,flaming or any other intent to demise a certain vechicle. Damn!
Old 08-03-2003, 10:38 PM
Launching!

Whatever...I'm done with this. Fact is, that was a fast car in the vid that obviously has A LOT more money in it than the TA. Great! It ran an 11 sec ET! For every ONE MR2 that is in the 11's, there are 100's of F-Bods going faster. Oh, and we look and sound better doing it :p
Old 08-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

I understand that it still has 22+ thousand miles on it. The fact is I paid over 13,000 for mine, and I know others who have bought there's for over 15,000 from dealerships.

Why do people always get off topic here. Is it that you are in denial about losing to a 4 cyl car. This was not a post about bashing,flaming or any other intent to demise a certain vechicle. Damn!

Wow, you certainly threw us off. None of your first few posts in this thread had good intents, and you're the one who opened it.

Oh, did your spiel about Mustangs slip your mind? If you paid 13k$ for a 1991 MR2, even two years ago, and it wasn't sealed in a bubble straight from the factory...you got ripped. The retail price you claim isn't supported by anything I can find on the 'net..or even anything you've linked for me. What they're actually worth is significantly less than what you claim you paid.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

OMG here we go with the money situation again. Dude I ran mid 11's on my stock longblock with less than 5000 dollars. Including my turbo kit, and fuel system. It doesn't take much for a turbo car to run low 12's high 11's if they run mid 13's stock. Put 3000 in a mustang gt vs an mr2 an your history(notice I said mustang) or any mustang (besides new cobra). The fact is I still have people coming up to me asking me what kind of car do I drive, what year is this, who makes it on a frequent basis. Say what you want, the car is timeless.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.board.mr2faq.com/forumdis...amp;forumid=91

There you go. There are some posting now for 8000+. Yea you can buy a N/A for 3000-5000, but thats not what people want.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:49 PM
Launching!

The reason that you get attention with your MR2 is because it really doesnt look much like a stock one! They totally look like a chick car.

Old 08-03-2003, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

OMG here we go with the money situation again. Dude I ran mid 11's on my stock longblock with less than 5000 dollars. Including my turbo kit, and fuel system. It doesn't take much for a turbo car to run low 12's high 11's if they run mid 13's stock. Put 3000 in a mustang gt vs an mr2 an your history(notice I said mustang) or any mustang (besides new cobra). The fact is I still have people coming up to me asking me what kind of car do I drive, what year is this, who makes it on a frequent basis. Say what you want, the car is timeless.
If you didn't want to do the whole price comparison thing, why did you post anything about it to begin with? MR2 = mid 13's stock? What stupid magazine is that from? Please enlighten me.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

The reason that you get attention with your MR2 is because it really doesnt look much like a stock one! They totally look like a chick car.

No crap. By the time they're done with the appearance 'modding,' it looks more like a space ship. When you say the car is timeless, you mean the BODY KIT is timeless, right 25psi?
Old 08-03-2003, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats what I ran in my completly stock mr2 turbo. My car comes stock with 245hp. Here a video of a stock mr2 vs an rx7.

http://mr2cp.cynikal.net/Gallery.html

No magaizne jsut facts. Look in the middle of the page and you will see it.

http://www.japmobiles.com/cars/cars_detail.asp?ID=11

That is a pic of a turbo mr2, not a N/A.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

I'd rather not wade through all that **** just to see a video of your car. Text will do me just fine...

I can find out for myself if you don't want to help. I'll be back in the morning.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

First off, I didn't even watch the video. There wasn't much sense in doing that. 25PSI(and other "off-branders"), this is a public forum and obviously you are free to post as you wish. But when I go to other boards(SVTPerformance, etc.) and I am the "off-brand" guy, I consider myself a guest and act accordingly. And I definitely don't go there posting kills on the hosting board and expect people to high five me and pat me on the back. Just a little FYI.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't expect hi fives, but I would expect some common courtesy. I have posted this on other forums, and this is the only one that always have negatice feedback.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I swear, any other forums would embrace the likes of different cars. You people are so close minded. Get your head out our asses, wipe the **** out of your eyes and just for once respect others for what they have.
Nobody gives a ****. It's that we don't respect your car, I definitely do. It's a fast car, no doubt about it. But, if I wanted to read about a fast MR2, I'd go to an MR2 board. We're here for a reason, and that reason isn't to read about bitch cars with 4bangers that look like Ford Probes on steroids.

[/quote] First off, I didn't even watch the video. There wasn't much sense in doing that. 25PSI(and other "off-branders"), this is a public forum and obviously you are free to post as you wish. But when I go to other boards(SVTPerformance, etc.) and I am the "off-brand" guy, I consider myself a guest and act accordingly. And I definitely don't go there posting kills on the hosting board and expect people to high five me and pat me on the back. Just a little FYI.

[/quote]

I'm an off-brand guy here, you don't see me posting videos of 8 and 9-second LT1s. Of course there are unbelievable brands of cars running unbelievable quarter miles (like a civic running 9s, wtf!?). The point is, I come here to read about LS1s ripping apart other cars, not Mr2s running 9s.

Here's a clue, since you seem to have none- if you had come in here, made a case about an Mr2 being fast without being an ******* and attacking Evilstang, you might have had a better response. Since you decided to come in here and gobble some ****, you've been responded to with ******* remarks like these. Good day.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:13 AM
TECH Junkie

The Toyota Fiero is an ugly cheap POS....Ask 25psi how his car runs! I'll save you the time, it doesn't. He continues to have pipedreams that will never come true. The simple fact is my 18hp briggs lawnmower will suck the doors right off his heap of uncle bens.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:19 AM
TECH Junkie

The only thing this post proves is you are a complete idiot. No wonder you can't afford to get your 25POS running.....

P.S. If you do not like the site please leave...Not a person here will miss you, rest assured.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.board.mr2faq.com/forumdis...amp;forumid=91

There you go. There are some posting now for 8000+. Yea you can buy a N/A for 3000-5000, but thats not what people want.
If you're changing turbos anyway why not? Are the internals different?

Quick Reply: Mr2(turbo) vs TransAM w/ bolt on's and 150 shot.