Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Coolest Cop of all time!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 12:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolest Cop of all time!!!!

OK OK OK here it is, the absolute coolest cop of all time. I was driving down a local straight, (Kennedy Blvd. for you locals) when I stop at a light, and a cop pulls next to me. I look over, and he says "nice car kid". I said thanks. He said how fast have you ever gone in that thing. Uhhhhhhh......think fast Kevin, think fast "75 ?". He lauged and said want to run, I was like "uh.....what? You uh" "YOU KNOW A RACE!" he exclaimed. I have 2000 SS, I love the thing, he did a burnout, and said "are you going or what?". I said ok. He said he would follow with his lighs on, to make it safer. At green we were off, and I got off the line good, and immediatly lost the cruiser. Well, once I reaced 120, I let off because of the red light in the not so far distance. After I came to a stop the cruiser came a while after. He said "fun huh?" "Hell yeah!" Then, the words you ever want to hear. "Ok, now step out of the car, you have the right to remain silent." Going through my head was Oh ****, Oh ****. Then he said naw, I'm kiddin' ya'. We don't even say that till your in cuffs. Well, let this be a lesson to you, not all cops are like me. Don't speed, it is not the best or safest think to do. If you must, take her to the track or unless it is safe for you as well as other drivers. Try Gandy (A local Long Bridge), no Cops, and it is safe for other drives after the hump, you can see who is in front of you. I'll see you around, as he drove off into the night. The coolest cop ever, and he owns an LS1. What I learned is that I should wear diapers if I speed(Joking), and I will never speed again, unless it is Gandy. I think this is why he did it, to let me taste the dispair of being cought by the cops. This is the fastest I have ever been, and it was scary, I now know I will not speed on streets.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Coolest Cop of all time!!!!

thats bad ***.. i had a cop let me go once in my old car.. right after i bought the s2000 and not many people knew what it was.. lol i was showing a friend how to launch their car(had an s2k to) on a back road.. turned around and the only exit was blocked.. by a big *** suburban w/ the lights on.. creeped in slowly to the slaugther.. and the cop took my license and my friends.. said.. "what are ya'll doing out here?" me: "practicing for a track event tommorrow" cop ask "are these things street legal" i laughed and siad yes they sell them at dealerships..
cop said.. "go do this in coppell" where it showed my address on the license.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry man, but this is just too far out to believe... I gotta call on this one. Not tryin to be an ******* or anything, it's just hard for me to believe a cop would do something like that. Maybe it's cause cops around the tri-state area are all ********...
Old 08-04-2003, 04:49 AM
Teching In

way to put his name and incriminate a cool cop. please edit your post for his sake.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:22 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Remove his name before someone gets him in trouble...
Old 08-04-2003, 07:17 AM
Staging Lane

Remove his name before someone gets him in trouble...
Yes.... he did you a favor. Don't bust him. Edit your post! Got to be 'bout this.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:54 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are a moron.
If this did happen, take the man's name off the net you idiot.
If this did happen, that would be the most uncool cop of all time, as he put your safety at risk. When you street race you assume all the risk, it is a self-imposed risk -not one which should be imposed on you by an authority figure.
I think if he would have asked you to bend over for a cavity search and baton probe, you would have been like "thank you sir!".
He shoula just pulled out his gun and shot around your feet while yelling "dance boy! dance for the sarge!"

Old 08-04-2003, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry, it sliped guys. Call it BS, I think it was BS myself, I still can't believe it. By the way, I used to kow the cop personaly for a while, yo know just talking whenI saw him. He never realy got my name, so we wern't lie serious friends, just buddies. It as the first tme seeing him in a year. There were no cars, and it was somwhat safe if you can call it that. Sorry for you all tinking it was BS, and I guess SouthFL.02.SS doesn't need to be in thes Forum, if he thinks street racing is unsafe and stupid, which it can be.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:33 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

...I guess SouthFL.02.SS doesn't need to be in thes Forum, if he thinks street racing is unsafe and stupid, which it can be.
Not what I said.
Read again.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:51 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

There's also a huge difference between "A" [random] cop, and a cop that's your "buddy." The original story had the former.
Good job on publicly disclosing a street racing venue. Nice one.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

I thought the same thing when I first read it . I find it very hard to believe that any cop is going to put his job on the line to supposedly teach you a lesson. What would happen if another cop saw you going by at 120? I think the other cop would be a little pissed if one of his comrades pulls up after you blow by and tells him "Oh I asked the kid if he wanted to race so I could teach him how dangerous it is." Even if this story is true it was not very smart to race him anyway, because like I said, if another cop on an adjacent street clocked you he might've dragged your *** in anyway, regardless of what the other cop said.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:14 PM
Teching In

A cop (even a friend) following you doing 120 with his lights on? This cop wanted to see a little kid race his SS so bad that he was willing to risk his career and possibly jail time? Please.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:34 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

I'm sorry man, but this is just too far out to believe... I gotta call on this one. Not tryin to be an ******* or anything, it's just hard for me to believe a cop would do something like that. Maybe it's cause cops around the tri-state area are all ********...
Personally, I don't think that this is that hard to believe. I have been stopped by cops at least 3 times, in the 3 years I have had my 97 LT1 and this car, by cops who just wanted to tell me I had a nice car, or they had one just like it, or liked them alot. Didn't run my license, just came over to the door and chatted for alittle bit.
You have to understand, cops are people too, just like me and you. Its perfectly reasonable that you could run across a cool guy that loves cars, and just happens to be a cop.

Now, for the negative thoughts.

1) Regardless of what the cop said you should do, why in gods name, would you EVER go 120 mph, RACING a patrol car? Are you insane?! As it has been said before, he could've flipped his lights on and pulled you over, or a cop eating a doughnut 1/2 mile down the street could've clocked you and pulled you over. Btw, incase anyone is thinking that if they did pull you over, it would be entrapment... is NOT entrapment, and you could've very easily been arrested, car impounded, and assraped by a fat dude named bubba while you were in jail.

2) Who were you trying to impress ... the cop?

3) Hate to tell you, but when your going 120 mph, the danger is NOT coming from behind you (where the cops had his lights on to "protect you from other traffic" ... its coming from infront of you ... mostly from yourself losing control and flying into a tree.

4) Are you serious? You have a LS1 powered SS and the fastest you've ever gone is 75mph?!

5) I understand you are trying to prove the validity of your story, but why would you ever post the guys name (he could easily be fired for that story), and a racing location. Now the next time you go down there, theres going to be 100's of cops all along the road.

6) Why would you EVER do 120mph in front of a cop? (sorry, alittle redundant, but this is one part of the story I just can't understand)

Again, I think your story is definately true, as I don't think someone would make up/post all of this if it wasn't. I do think that you might want to use better judgement as the next cop that asks you if you want to race, might not be a nice guy.

Old 08-04-2003, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

I used to know him, and the reason I went 120 was because that there are no side strets to hop onto the street, so nothing unexpected like another car, or cop. Kennedy is not a street race location, it never was, it is just a straight street that was paved recently. Actually, it is one of the most busy streets in tampa. The real location is Gandy when it comes to races. Yes, I said it on the internet, but it is talked about in the papers all the time, and it is stung every other week. Some cops sit and watch, and eventually call it off, or bust one or two people. I would have never raced him if I didn't know him. I already knew he had an interest in cars, that is why. I understand, I would have been a complete fool to race a cop. I knew this one, that is why I did it, I totaly totaly understand why you thin it was BS, just hope you understand too, and don't think I'm an idiot. Here is the deal, I raced a friend, while he was on duty, that is about it. Should have clearified that at the begining sorry. So don't race cops, unless you know them. I tried to make it sound like some myserious man drove up, and forgot to add that I knew him. I then realized "holy crap" this sounds like BS, it sounds like I raced some everyday cop, that was not the case. SORRY!!! MY MISTAKE!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 02:06 AM

Understandable ... nice, uhh kill?

Last thing, were u really serious that you've never taken your SS above 75 before? I do 100 on accident all the time ... i look down and im like, oh ****, im not doin 70 anymore.

Old 08-05-2003, 02:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Last thing, were u really serious that you've never taken your SS above 75 before? I do 100 on accident all the time ... i look down and im like, oh ****, im not doin 70 anymore.
Lol phantom. I know exactly what your talkin about. The other night this kid in a Ram wanted to mess with me (5.9L... nice truck), and I ended up breaking 110 on a local COP INFESTED highway. I was like HOLY SH#T, definitely didn't mean to kick it up that high. Aren't F-bodies great...
Old 08-05-2003, 08:06 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

I don't know why you guys are calling BS on this guy. I've been street racing plenty of times when cops will cruise thru and stop to actually watch the races. I even know a few that street race, they are just regular guys.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

I don't know why you guys are calling BS on this guy. I've been street racing plenty of times when cops will cruise thru and stop to actually watch the races. I even know a few that street race, they are just regular guys.
Wow, I'm moving to texas.

My friend did a brakestand in his 3800 Firebird outside of his house one time, and his neighbor (who happens to be an off-duty cop) threatened to ticket him because it was a residential area, and he was "going way too fast". Funny thing is, the car was absolutely still at the time. My friend responded "Unless they run face-first into my stationary car or are allergic to smoke, I think they'll be fine." Such a classic remark. The cop was like "Watch it" and just went back in his house. OWNED.

Cops here are ********, I don't know a single cool cop in my state. I'm sure there are some, but I've yet to meet them.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Back in 1972 a buddy and me were challenged by two cops in a state patrol car.We were way out in the country and this patrol car pulls up next to us and rolls his window down and says"you wanna run em"?

He got on it first and they were laughing,my 56 chevy w/built 327 4 spd.walked away from that patrol car.

We slowed down and they passed us and waved.They were the coolest cops i had ever met.

I thought to myself later that night...they're guys just like us...probably had hot rods at home.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:58 AM

My friend did a brakestand in his 3800 Firebird outside of his house one time, and his neighbor (who happens to be an off-duty cop) threatened to ticket him because it was a residential area, and he was "going way too fast". Funny thing is, the car was absolutely still at the time. My friend responded "Unless they run face-first into my stationary car or are allergic to smoke, I think they'll be fine." Such a classic remark. The cop was like "Watch it" and just went back in his house. OWNED.

Cops here are ********, I don't know a single cool cop in my state. I'm sure there are some, but I've yet to meet them.
Honestly I think marokid is right ... I have been given a ticket for going TOO SLOW before ... just shows you how great the cops here in NY are.