Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1996 TA vs New age Roush Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 TA vs New age Roush Mustang

Cliff notes:
T/A races new age roush from 70- roughly 95. TA has a full car and pullin hard when we let off.

So i finally got my car back last night ( blew the head gasket a while back and had them throw in a speed inc cadillac cam, 1.6rr's, dual valve springs, hardened pushrods, and ls7 lifters ) went home and chopped off the muffler so its running manifolds and cats, no piping even after the cats. Car already had SLP CAI and ASP UD pullies.

driving home on the highway when a new age mustang roush pulled up to me, it was like a maroon pretty dark but nice looking for a ford i guess. so we kinda are playing around and blipping the throttle at each other and havin fun. so he starts to hold a speed so i match him and right as we are evening up nose to nose he downshifts and jumps out only about a fender as i slammed the biotch to the floor and like a bat outa hell i stopped his pull immediately and started to pull pretty decently, good enough that by about 95 i had a full car on him and he was fallin back quick. he was so ashamed he wouldnt even drive up next to me not even when i slowed down to 60. i just wanted to give him a thumbs up but i guess he was a little butt hurt, poor guy paid a grip of cash for that ride and just got spanked. . . by a 2.73 A4 from a 70 roll.

can't wait to get a tune and exhaust!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Banned

Yeah those stock maifolds are restricting your car soo bad
Old 05-02-2008, 12:34 PM
12 Second Club

they are believe me if i had the extra cash thou i woulda got the headers installed when i had the motor out, but i spent a grip of cash just getting it fixed so just manifolds and cats are good enough for the time being.