Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Nsx Vs Nsx

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Killemall
GTO JIMMY...One day you will understand....For the price Ive paid for pretty much any of my cars minus the camaro I could have bought a fully built 2004 C5Z06 turbo...A kennebell Cobra..Fully built Fbody with SC or Turbo or the ugliest and most pathetric "fast car" that GM ever made the GTO with a supercharger or Turbo...Any of the cars listed would be much faster than a stock C6Z06/Viper/NSX/porsheTT/Lambo/Ferrari ect..

But speed isnt everything Bro...Build quality/price/rarity/exoticness go a long way...You can make any car fast....But a fast Yugo is still just a fast yugo..A fast turboed GTO is still just a dime a dozen GTO that you see for sale in the teens..

NSX's..Vipers...Porshe 911's and up.. They are what they are Bro..And if you dont get it then nonthing I can say will change your mind...just trust me on this..20 year olds dont sit around and say how one day they wish they can have a 2005 GTO..

Run a 10 second 2005 Tuboed GTO against a 11 second bolt on 2005 Viper and watch the GTO run away...Then ask everyone who watched the race wich car they would want to own......See what Im saying..Speed is only 25% of the picture...
Twenty year olds generally don't make enough money to afford the cars you talk about and of course lust after them. Its the I can't have it but I want it thing. I'm old enough to know what I like and don't and I'll take a GTO, Vette or F-Body with all the goodies before I'd buy a exotic. I like them but they are too finicky, too expensive to maintain and they aren't really all that fast when compared to a modded car. You may have owned these cars but your history proves you shouldn't. Exotics are cool but they are not the best or the fastest. They are expensive because of the name and the racing history not because they are better or faster cars. The Z06 will outperform most of them and comes with a better warranty and is actually usable. The ZR1 promises to be even better. There are a few hyper exotics that can't be touched performance wise but they are super expensive and even harder to maintain. Konigsegg, Bugatti and the new Shelby (not Carroll) but they are so rare and hard to get do they really count? You are just trying to justify your opinion and it doesn't really fly because everyone knows you are just a tool with enough money to afford these cars but don't have the skill to put them through their paces without stuffing them. Its just a matter of time before you stuff the NSX and you will likely blame that on the VTEC kicking in at the wrong time just like you blame the torque of the Viper for stuffing two of them. Get a grip and go buy a Camry before you kill yourself. You can't drive and shouldn't have any car that will do 0-60 faster than 9 seconds.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes tell me that the build quality of a ferrari or lamborghini is awesome....then drive it the same way you would a vette or a viper. Your car will be in the shop for many problems lol including clutch, brakes, and well your pure italian leather may be VERY comfortable but it was never meant to be a daily driver it will crack and feel cheap after 30k miles. In a car that barely ever rolls 25k :/ Personally your driving sucks if you lost to a stock nsx in a modded c5, yes the nsx is tuned by Ayrton Senna himself, and it is the first car to employ a full aluminum chassis, but they are not the best cars out there for speed. This coming from someone who loves nsx's and can't wait to own one. I would own it before a ferrari or a vette but i know it will never be as fast unless i cut out the trunk and mount a turbo in there. Drivermod is the most important, though the extra oh 200lbs will not make a difference in the 100+hp to the wheels the vette had. Remember though Experience > Money just because you can afford the car doesn't mean you can drive it, in fact 75% that can afford it can barely drive the car at 60% of what it was MEANT to be driven let alone what it's capable of being driven at.

Last edited by SlvrFormula; 05-12-2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Staging Lane

Killemall how small are you down there?

You're the typical "I have money! I drive exotics! I body build!" tool that everyone makes fun of. You come out so hard and tough, but the smallest things hurt your fragile ego. I think that's why you make such a big deal here.

There is nothing wrong with having lots of money, I'm glad you do man, just don't let it define you. Stop acting like a stuckup momma's boy and you'll probably get alot more respect from here.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Restricted User

Yea I know I know......You'd much rather own a Mustang than a hand built all aluminum 90K car with the engine sitting behind you..a mustang is much better than a car that from 1991-2005 they only made 9,000 of..The Acura NSX...Who'd want a NSX when a 1991 cost more than a 2003 cobra..Beats me...I should go trade the NSX in right now and get a mustang...Thanks man...

Seriously though man....If you want a bad *** car go by a 1996 GTS viper for 35K...400 rwhp bone stock..12.2 at 118 bone stock..190 mph bone stock...Only around 10K of them in the world so very rare...Bullet proof forged engine...

Now thats a bad *** car and I should no as my 99 RT10 was the same exact thing minus the GTS overall better styling...You want somthing Badass then go get one of those..Just please never ever ever compare any car Ive ever owned to a mustang again...I just threw up a lil
The NSX is a failure in Honda's eyes and a Ferrari rip off. Hell, You can get a f355 for about the same price as a newer NSX. Here's a little NSX action for ya: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6S2-CedG0QM&feature=related
He's got a SC C30 like you LOL
Old 05-12-2008, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

When the NSX first came out it was a world shocker. Sure it can not compete with todays cars...but during its prime it was just that.
It had the looks and the power to beat most cars...plus the handeling was next level.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=avsFhHKEuuk
Old 05-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Restricted User

BTW, yes I would much rather have a Front engine RWD setup anyday over a damn transverse mid engine setup. Have fun dealing with torque steer and twitchy *** handling, wich with your driving 'experience' only spells disaster.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Restricted User

Here you go Killemall, I've looked into your future - http://youtube.com/watch?v=88QT5JD46NE

Last edited by LS1 seeker; 05-12-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1 seeker
Here you go Killemall, I've looked into your future - http://youtube.com/watch?v=88QT5JD46NE
Lol somebody let out of the throttle mid slide
Old 05-12-2008, 03:32 PM
***Repost Police***

The NSX is a failure in Honda's eyes and a Ferrari rip off. Hell, You can get a f355 for about the same price as a newer NSX. Here's a little NSX action for ya: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6S2-CedG0QM&feature=related
He's got a SC C30 like you LOL
It is not a failure in Honda's eyes at all... it was meant as a showcase of technology, and what they are capable of engineering. Which was a "Ferrari rip-off" that outperformed damn near everything when it came out. And it's still capable of running with cars that have nearly twice the horsepower around a race track. Which is exactly what it was designed to do.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

So true.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 05-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Honestly, your gears and your lack of driving skill is what caused you to be neck and neck with that NSX while in that C5. My friend Dan has a 1998 C5 that makes 450whp on motor, and 605whp on spray. My C5Z is bone stock. Dan's car is also an automatic like yours.

Me and Dan decided to mess around on the freeway a few times just to see where I was at. He was running on motor only, but I was still expecting to get blown away. But a soon as we took off, His car would have to down shift and I would pull an instant 2 cars on him and hold it until we shut down at 120. Needless to say, we both we floored. So we did it again, same results. I decided to start back about a car length and try it again, I got a nice run in and pulled that initial car, plus 2 more cars, and won again.

So we decided to call it a night and he went home. He calls me up and tells me that he wants to try putting it in the lower gear next time and going like that. I say "Ok that's fine." thinking it wont make much of a difference.

So we head back out, And... boy does it make a difference, I honk 3 times from a 40 roll and take off, and I see were both neck and neck. My gear runs out at about 65, so I have to shift, and when I do, his car just pulls away. I think he ended up getting me by about 2 cars when we shut down. Then we did it again, same results....

So that shows how much of a difference driver can make...

But still in my opinion, a car that puts down 450whp on a loaded dyno... should have rolled out harder than 2 cars, but thats most likely because of the **** gearing in the auto. He's actually doing a 6 speed conversion, so we'll see how that goes.

Last edited by Savior1974; 05-13-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Banned

..20 year olds dont sit around and say how one day they wish they can have a 2005 GTO.....
Dude you need to grow the **** up, your not the only person in the world with money. Im glad your mission is to impress 20 year olds and spend all your money on your "supercars", I will continue to spend a fraction of the cost and walk the *******.

Remind me, which one of your cars have you owned would have put a hurtin on my pathetic excuse for a car? Oh thats right, NONE OF THEM. You couldnt even outrun stock C6 Z06's for gods sakes!

Try to keep the newest "dream car" off the walls there in hawaii you no drivin sonofabitch.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Banned

By the way you ever tell the insurance company how you wrecked your latest viper? I bet they would love the PM you sent me explaining it second by second.....
Probably USAA right?
Old 05-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SlvrFormula
Yes tell me that the build quality of a ferrari or lamborghini is awesome....then drive it the same way you would a vette or a viper. Your car will be in the shop for many problems lol including clutch, brakes, and well your pure italian leather may be VERY comfortable but it was never meant to be a daily driver it will crack and feel cheap after 30k miles. In a car that barely ever rolls 25k.
Hardly. Plenty of track rental and club racing events. Brakes? Hardly - they don't get any better on those.

Leather wearing poorly - nope. Not modern Ferrari's and Lambos. Not like GM leather, that's for sure.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
By the way you ever tell the insurance company how you wrecked your latest viper? I bet they would love the PM you sent me explaining it second by second.....
Probably USAA right?
haha looks like some one has something to share with the rest of us.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Hardly. Plenty of track rental and club racing events. Brakes? Hardly - they don't get any better on those.

Leather wearing poorly - nope. Not modern Ferrari's and Lambos. Not like GM leather, that's for sure.
Other than that Lambos are known for GOING UP IN FLAMES because of their brakes, i've seen clutches go out with less than 3k on them as well. also most ferrari's i've seen have extremely nice leather, but it is very brittle and isn't made to hold upto the beating of a daily. Most of the issues i've seen with these cars though is user caused though, people who treat them like their bmw or benz get a rude awakening. Yes I'm not saying they don't brake well or are not made well but considering what fbodies and corvettes and vipers deal with they hold up nicely. If i treated my friends 360 the same as my firehawk it would be in the dealer more than 10x's over, plus we both agree that the leather in the firehawk is not as good but holds upto more abuse, the Modena's seats are so worn right now it's not even funny and it only has 40k miles on it.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99z28monster
haha looks like some one has something to share with the rest of us.
I really want to hear this story...
Old 05-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SlvrFormula
I really want to hear this story...
+1

share with the group
Old 05-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Launching!

GTO Jimmy..Ive told you before..Dont laugh at a street racer who lost it Bro..That crap happens all the time and can bite you as well...It's not funny at all..

As far as me being rich..LOL..Who ever said that???? Ive never spent more than 60K on any sports cars/SUV that Ive ever owned....Im just a regular guy who likes nice cars and to go fast...

Ive always hated the GTO and considered it a flop..You adding a Turbo dosent change that fact IMHO..

FWIW I did beat a C6Z06 2 out of 3 times with the Viper...Im pretty proud of that fact as C6Z06's are BEASTE!!!!! Your GTO is much faster than a C6Z06 right?? Great for you but Id still rather be in the Viper/Z06...Just keepin it real Bro

I aint hear to fight or threaten you man..I apologized to the guy..Enoughs enough of that BS...Have fun with your car....

BTW...If you can kick my *** then much props to you...Join the billion other guys who probally could as well..No sweat off my back..I got knocked on my *** a month ago by UFC fighter Ron "the machine gun" Juan...Then 20 minutes later I went at it with top 10 fighter in the world at 170 pounds Harris "the hitman"...He made me take a knee in the third round with multiple body blows...

4 years ago Rumble on the Rock fighter Shawn "The Tornado" taylor knocked me out at a night club in Honolulu in the third round with a right hand to my Chin....I fought him again to a draw 3 months later..

The point is that Ive had my *** kicked plenty of times Bro...So your not hurtin my feelings man..I call up my buddies and laugh about gettin my *** kicked...Some of them go onb this site..LOL