Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mr2(turbo) vs TransAM w/ bolt on's and 150 shot. part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mr2(turbo) vs TransAM w/ bolt on's and 150 shot. part 2

I wouldnt laugh if i were you. It happens to me often. It happened about 1 month ago to a guy in a older iroc-z. Jelouse cause everyone knows what your cars are, just because there are 1000 times more then mr2's.

By the way that was in reply to the ferrari thing.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:05 PM
Launching!

great....another snotty MR2 driver. At least some respectable MR2 owners showed up so my opinion of them didn't completely go in the *******
Old 08-11-2003, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

great....another snotty MR2 driver. At least some respectable MR2 owners showed up so my opinion of them didn't completely go in the *******
Folks, y'all aren't getting it. 25psi's personality is just splintering into these different characters and y'all are taking it hook, line and sinker.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:54 PM
Teching In

All this talk is childish. Never seen anything like this on a import board, let alone a ls1board. All I have to say is I have a MR2 jspec and it did a 13.5 STOCK! I put on a ball bearing turbo, did a little bit of fuel and ignition upgrades, greddy IC, and a few other minor things and im doing 11's right now. I have probably not even $12k invested including the car. Lets see...

MR2 non turbo $3500
jspec turbo motor swap $3500
Did the install myself
about $4k in mods
NOT EVEN 12k total.

And the real thrill is its a 4cyl. You can call them ***** cars but when a 4cyl beats you what that make your car? I take out v8's all day long and the owners get so pissed threatening to kick my *** for beating them, but when i race something other then a v8, then he is cool and gives props. The sad part is I raced more 4cyls that gave me a challenge then V8's. So next time when you guys get beat by a 4cyl, remember this....

Its a 4cyl
u have 4 cyls more
its a ***** car, so whats your car now? double *****? lol
it sounds like a weed wacker
your sounds like a real machine, yet slower...

Why cant some people admit there is fast import 4cyls out there that will knock your slicks off. I know there are cars out on the street that will beat me too, but when a v8 does beat me (not often) He should have beatin me. He has 4 more cyls and probably paid 3 times for his car then i did.
LOL I think they want to kick your a$$ because you sound like a punk, not because you beat them.

Saying you own V8's all doy long is just asking for somebody to shame you.
You obviously llive in ricerville with little or now stong 8's or you choose not to race them because their are many 8's in my area that will school you all day long. We got 8's sec Mustangs that drive their car to the track.

Oh yea and If I would have spent the amount you have spent on your car I would be in the 9's. I have spent less than 4k and I running 11.6's. My MPH is over 120, I could be in the 10's if I were to actually get off my butt and change my gears and tires.

Man I would be pissed if I spent over 8g's and only ran 11's.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its hilarious how you think all these posts are by me. The only one I know of are Noshoes.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:41 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

25psi, I have been busy @ work and just now got to your reply over in the other thread. I know several of us would be interested in seeing your car in action @ HRP. All you need to do is tell us when you are going to be there. You tell me when you are going to be there, and I will show up. As for videos of your car, I have seen posts made by you referring to other cars, but I have never seen a vid of your car. If you have a link to a video of your car, please post it.

Also, I will ask the moderator of this section to look at the logged IPs in the various msgs to see if they are coming from various user accounts.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:43 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, check out the (in)sanity of the guy who thinks his MR2 is a Ferrari.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

few other minor things and im doing 11's right now. I have probably not even $12k invested including the car. Lets see...
Add that 12 grand to the cost of your car, and how much did you spend? I spent $9k, and I'm in high 11s right now, car included in that price... Another 500-600 dollars for an n2o system, and I'll be in 10s. Get a clue, we do respect fast 4 cylinders. What we don't respect is when morons post meaningless videos on our forums attempting to start pissing matches. I mean, imagine if I went over to an MR2 board, and posted a video of Mike Moran's 5.9 second quarter mile run @ 201 mph with his 95 steel-bodied z28 with full dash and soundsystem back in 1996... you wouldn't be too happy, would you?
Old 08-11-2003, 07:48 PM
Launching!

camaro kid...show me that video!!! That sounds kickass!
Old 08-11-2003, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

...All I have to say is I have a MR2 jspec and it did a 13.5 STOCK!...
That's nice.

MR2 non turbo $3500
jspec turbo motor swap $3500
Did the install myself
about $4k in mods
NOT EVEN 12k total.
What's this? Did you just contrafuckingdict yourself? Your jspec non turbo MR2 went 13.5 stock? I don't fuggin' get it. Oh, was it a Jspec turbo motor swapped into a non-turbo American spec MR2? Just stop, you're confusing us.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

I think you mean 6.9 right marokid? The 5's were broken by doorslammers last month. It wasn't a street car either. I believe It was a ProMod car that they took some wieght out of, it also had a non-sactioned supercharger...... I think thats right?
Old 08-11-2003, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think you mean 6.9 right marokid
Oops, sorry bout that. Yeah, I did mean 6.9. I read it in an old Hot Rod mag. It was a Pro stock car, the guy ran 7.2 at 3500 lbs, and 6.9 at 2800. Pretty impressive, though, nontheless. The car was steel except for the front fiberglass clip, and it had a stereo and stock dash in it at 3500lb.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Ok, the people who posted to defend the mr2 are not just multiple personalities of 25psi, if you don't believe me then just look for your self http://www.board.mr2faq.com/

And as for 25psi, he does not represent the mr2 community as a whole, should he of posted a video of an import beating a domestic at the drags on a message board for domestic cars? No. But you could at least show some tact by not flying off the handle and starting a huge flame war. And saying that the mr2 is a bitch car? I truthfully don't understand this ignorant thinking since I see many more females driving mustangs and camaros, than I see driving mr2's.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:57 AM
TECH Resident

Also, check out the (in)sanity of the guy who thinks his MR2 is a Ferrari.
I dunno why but that struck me as funny as hell. Laughing to tears. .

And, J-rod, that would be interesting to see the IP addresses. I think I might be wrong on this one but I have seen the behavior before. 25psi, it's all good man. See ya at the track some time.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

And saying that the mr2 is a bitch car?
That was pretty much all me, and I'll defend my opinion that the MR2 belongs to alongside cars like the Eclipse and Celica as top three all-time bitch cars.

I truthfully don't understand this ignorant thinking since I see many more females driving mustangs and camaros, than I see driving mr2's.
Uh, where? Mustangs, maybe. But I don't think I have EVER, repeat EVER, seen a girl my age driving an LT1 or LS1. Or even a v6 f-body, for that matter. Then again, I do know two girls with MR2s... go figure.

We own domestic cars. In case you haven't noticed, there are many domestic drivers that are hotheads, and very stubborn, myself included. Posting something of import involvement on a domestic board is NOT smart.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:44 AM
Teching In

"Uh, where? Mustangs, maybe. But I don't think I have EVER, repeat EVER, seen a girl my age driving an LT1 or LS1. Or even a v6 f-body, for that matter. Then again, I do know two girls with MR2s... go figure."

True, you may see more girls driving a mustang, than a camaro, though I know of a girl who drives a z28, and the other a v6 f-body.

"We own domestic cars. In case you haven't noticed, there are many domestic drivers that are hotheads, and very stubborn, myself included. Posting something of import involvement on a domestic board is NOT smart. "

That true as well and some people who drive imports can be stubborn and ignorant as well. Either way, a video such as this should never have been posted on a message board such as this.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

This video was not inteneded to start a flame war. I have been on this site for quite sometime and knowone has ever seen a fast mr2. To the people on this board that I know personally, this was inteneded to enlighten them on some cars that are rarely ever seen.

Half the people on this board browse over to the supraforums posting there domestic killings. Do we get offended. NO! I know this is an LS1 site, but this is also a forum where people come to learn about other cars besides your own.

To others on the MR2 board. I have been on this site for about a year now and have grown accustom to the constant flaming that has been thrown upon eachother. Sometimes you need to go to other sites to let of some steam(you know the mr2 board is REALLY STRICT). Do I think I was wrong for posting a video here? No I don't. Simply becuase I am at the site with the car involved.

Old 08-12-2003, 08:20 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Booooo.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:59 AM
Teching In

You guys all seem to be pretty intelligent, and nobody likes people bashing their cars. I own a first generation MR2 (1986). I bought it because it was really affordable, I like the way it looks and sounds, and it's fun to drive. It's true that I've spent a lot of money on the car (like an entire new brake system, new suspension, new tires, and new air conditioning), but that's only because I enjoy my car and want it to be the best I can make it.

I hate loud "fart" exhausts that all the import cars seem to have, and I really hate the typical ricer and his stupid *** attitude. But then again, I've met a lot of people who are domestic enthusiasts who have a bad attitude also.

The point is, there are ******** in both categories. But also, there are some really cool people, too.

I'll admit that there's no replacement for displacement. Torque wins races. Yeah, we can have an enormous turbo that doesn't spool up until a million RPM, and it'll be just as fast as a tuned NA V8, but the power band is totally different. It doesn't even matter!

If I were going to build a drag racer, then I'd get a large motor. But, that's not my thing. I'm planning on building a tuned 1.6 L 4 cylinder and it'll be a lot if it pushes out 200 HP. You may find this laughable, but I'm in no way deluded that this is some bad *** fast import that'll kill Mustangs. I don't really give a damn. My car weighs next to nothing, so 180 HP is quite a bit, and I would be thrilled to run a mid-14. I just want a fun car that I can whip around in for my own personal enjoyment (and have as silent an exhaust as humanly possible).

It seems to me that most of these god damn Civic drivers and other such riceboys think that their cars are running low 13's when all they got is an intake + exhaust and when they mash the pedal, the car slightly increases acceleration. So I totally understand why you guys are generalizing and hating the import car enthusiast.

All I ask is that maybe you guys can understand that not all of us are like that, just as I realize that there are some really cool domestic enthusiasts out there, also.

And just because 25PSI came on here and posted that video, he was just doing it because he felt like you guys should give a little respect to the imports (even though it didn't come out nicely and spawned a horrible thread of flame).

Sorry this post was so long, I hope everyone continues to enjoy their cars and keep doing what makes them happy, because that's what automotive enthusiasm should be all about.

Peace.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:09 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Is the entire MR2 board here now?
Thanks for the common sense post.

Quick Reply: Mr2(turbo) vs TransAM w/ bolt on's and 150 shot. part 2