Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

05+ roush stage 1 or 2 stang

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05+ roush stage 1 or 2 stang

im assuming it was a roush version the body kit looked similiar to them though it was night and i could not make out any badges or the Roush logo on the back bumper. though the exhaust tips were round and came through the back body bumper panel and the roush look square i belive? so im not 100% sure.

whatever the Case 05+ stang with bodykit + unknown mods probly none.

was pulling from a stop light turning left and i was behind him/her. and i knew he was trying to catch my attention because i seen them staring me down as i was walking to my car. and the second i start backing out they rush from the parking lot to the stoplight. right infront of me. anyhow light goes green we both turn left. he floors it and im still evening off and then i punch it. and YEA for being at 32mph lol i dont downshift and im in the bottom of 2nd...... didnt matter. he pulled mabe 2 cars before i stopped his momentum and was on his tail then he left off.

we then get to another light and again im forced to sit behind him and he does the same thing but this was a yield turn and i made sure i didnt go over 31 mph and when he hit the gas again i stayed on him and though i spun I had to let off the gas. and before 70mph he had let off. with there being no doubt in his mind who had the faster car.

i was hoping he would stay on the highway till it turned into 4 lanes but he turned off early. bleh i was really looking forward to having a race havent had some worth telling in a while.

NOTE: i made sure when he turned off i jumped on it just so he could see and hear what the ls1 sounded like when i was able to go fully WOT since there wasn't a slow stang infront of me

about 2 more miles down the road i pulled off to my street and as i was just glancing in my mirror i think mabe he had pulled back out and was 5-6 cars behind in traffic dunno. either way. i think im gonna search for this guy/girl and setup a real race heh.

anyhow i know its crappy story but in a small town. and im one of the faster cars here. sad huh?
Old 06-15-2008, 01:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

dude i got smoked by a stage 1 with a whipple charger he claimed 500 to the tires and il beleive it he blew sideways at 50 mph roll those new stangs r slow but give em some boost and theyl rip
Old 06-15-2008, 04:56 AM
***Repost Police***

I wouldn't exactly call them "slow," though they aren't quite up to LS1 speed yet. Through first and second they're a decent enough race, but the famous LSx 3rd gear should get them everytime. On any given day, about half a second slower in the quarter. Good race OP... race them again with a clean run and show the cocky SOBs who's boss
Old 06-15-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice race!!! You would have beaten him if you could get lined up
Old 06-15-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well im gonna go cruising in a bit and see if i can find the person. im really wanting a good clean race on video.

there is a hyundai tiburon that think he is fast and everytime im beside him at a light he turns into Grandma and so many other little "wanna be" fast cars though im nothing special but most of the cars around here are 14+ second cars.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

The Stage 3 is what you should be looking out for. Anything less is rarely more than a body kit and suspension. The car does look damn sharp though.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i wont mess with the stage 3. unless from a stop and i had my et streets and he would still roll passed me.