Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

XLR asked for it

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default XLR asked for it

headed home from the movies with my girl last fri nite when this old guy and his hag ole lady pulled along side me cruisin at like 55mph. well my girl started to bitch soon as she saw him and said not to do it so i played it off at first. after a mile or so the old guy starts taunting me so i throw it into 3rd and as i let the clutch out and the motor spins up he jumps on it. i stabbed it,luckily i had et streets on the back, by the time i got into 4th i had him by atleast 4 lengths. so wat does this douche do? gets next to me again and wants to go again. next race same result but that time we take off together and i crush him.
well we finally catch a red light and he asks "dude wat the hell u got in that thing?" i reply cam only so he wants to try it from a dead stop now. i tell him "this is gonna end badly for him" but he insists to go at it again. as the light tuns green he jumps out a car length but at the top of second i'm blowin past him and put a bunch of lengths till the top of 3rd till i tapped the brakes, i figured i got my point across. so wat does old guy do? gives me a ricer fly by.
if i read correct in Car & Driver the XLR is like $100,000, makes 443 hp and runs 12.6. but i'd be piseed off if i spent 100k and some guy in his **** box f-body kicked my *** lol
Old 06-17-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill. I'd be pissed too, but at the end of the day he drives a sweet XLR.

EDIT: I believe the XLR is closer to $80k. For that price point, I'd rather be sitting in a C6Z.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice kill, was it a V or a regular XLR?

XLR's are nice too though, don't hate them too much. Driving one with the top back is amazing.

Night, the standard ones are around 80 or so I think, with the V's pushing 6 digits. My dad runs around in a V on the weekend he got to compensate for his bald spot. Sure its a high 12s car, but its a freaking hardtop convertible with amazing suspension and a caddy interior.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it was a V-series, then yup, exactly $100,000 they charge for those things. Great kill. It's funny, I was reading your sig and going "huh, he said cam-only bus he's got Patriot 243s...". And then I realized you had Patriot 243s like me and agreed that yes, cam-only is pretty accurate.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

good story
Old 06-17-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 05CherryGXP
Night, the standard ones are around 80 or so I think, with the V's pushing 6 digits. My dad runs around in a V on the weekend he got to compensate for his bald spot. Sure its a high 12s car, but its a freaking hardtop convertible with amazing suspension and a caddy interior.
Sounds like you have access to the V. I'd love to drive that car, or even the base XLR for that matter! Let's be friends.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

I had fun smashing an XLR over the weekend in PA ... driving my father-in-laws SL benz
Old 06-17-2008, 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
Sounds like you have access to the V. I'd love to drive that car, or even the base XLR for that matter! Let's be friends.
Sure. It is a V. I only get to see the few times in the year when I go home to PA.

I've been wanting to get one but even used they cost more than my broke student ***.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sprayed 99
headed home from the movies with my girl last fri nite when this old guy and his hag ole lady pulled along side me cruisin at like 55mph. well my girl started to bitch soon as she saw him and said not to do it so i played it off at first. after a mile or so the old guy starts taunting me so i throw it into 3rd and as i let the clutch out and the motor spins up he jumps on it. i stabbed it,luckily i had et streets on the back, by the time i got into 4th i had him by atleast 4 lengths. so wat does this douche do? gets next to me again and wants to go again. next race same result but that time we take off together and i crush him.
well we finally catch a red light and he asks "dude wat the hell u got in that thing?" i reply cam only so he wants to try it from a dead stop now. i tell him "this is gonna end badly for him" but he insists to go at it again. as the light tuns green he jumps out a car length but at the top of second i'm blowin past him and put a bunch of lengths till the top of 3rd till i tapped the brakes, i figured i got my point across. so wat does old guy do? gives me a ricer fly by.
if i read correct in Car & Driver the XLR is like $100,000, makes 443 hp and runs 12.6. but i'd be piseed off if i spent 100k and some guy in his **** box f-body kicked my *** lol
So...... he's a douche for racing you?
Old 06-17-2008, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
So...... he's a douche for racing you?
not for racing me just how he approached me and how he acted. it was a v too. i'm not hatin on it, the xlr is a sweet ride and looks awesome. hell i'd rock it too if i had that kind of $.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:06 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
If it was a V-series, then yup, exactly $100,000 they charge for those things. Great kill. It's funny, I was reading your sig and going "huh, he said cam-only bus he's got Patriot 243s...". And then I realized you had Patriot 243s like me and agreed that yes, cam-only is pretty accurate.
yeah i lied but i figured after he acted like mr. tough guy, that would've made him feel worse that a cammed car whooped on him. again not hatin, its def a cool car. but i wouldn't have acted like a tool like that guy did.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

xlr - what a POS, nice kill!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sprayed 99
not for racing me just how he approached me and how he acted. .
Guess we had to be there? He didn't do a flyby and he lined up pretty well with you several times. Good kill but I don't get the attitude part.