Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ws6 vs. corvette

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ws6 vs. corvette

finally got my lazy butt and registered so i figured id share some stories
at the local hangout and a kid i know has a corvette just got done beating an lt1 camaro so i walked up to the kid with the vette and asked if he wanted to run he said yeah but from a roll him m6 me a4 because ive already beaten him a couple times from a dig so we go out first gear roll he hits it and i do the same and i hit the gogo button and im there for a second then i start leaving him probably had 3-5 cars on him around 105 vette has headers and exhaust
Old 08-18-2003, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: ws6 vs. corvette

Nice kill and welcome to the boards.
Old 08-18-2003, 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

ls1 with juice vs ls1 with exhaust, nice race...not
Old 08-18-2003, 05:33 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ls1 with juice vs ls1 with exhaust, nice race...not
ROTFL ... seriously.

And what the hell is a "gogo" button?!? I have yet to see a nitrous setup with a button, except in fast and the furious, aka 'too slow, too gay'. Race him without the nitrous, then share the details. That would be a good race.

Old 08-18-2003, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

So, if u got it, use it.
Great kill man. I just got mine installed. Can't wait to try it out, but first i got to get a tune to check my A/F.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

Nice kill....run what you brung!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 07:12 PM
Teching In

sorry i have a switch i dont have the magic voice activated nitrous like you. i looked into it just couldnt afford it. no i have beat him twice from a dig without headers gears or nitrous so are you happy plus mine runs like crap cause its untuned and missing some o2 sensors if you couldnt tell by the times
Old 08-18-2003, 07:14 PM
Teching In

not a button its a little toggle switch or whatever you just flip it which you probably knew what i meant you just wanted to be a smartass
Old 08-18-2003, 07:30 PM
TECH Veteran

sorry i have a switch i dont have the magic voice activated nitrous like you. i looked into it just couldnt afford it. no i have beat him twice from a dig without headers gears or nitrous so are you happy plus mine runs like crap cause its untuned and missing some o2 sensors if you couldnt tell by the times
Oh my God could this be a Bullit clone in Ls1 clothes?
Old 08-18-2003, 08:41 PM

not a button its a little toggle switch or whatever you just flip it which you probably knew what i meant you just wanted to be a smartass
Just testing to see if you were another little kid that watched fast and the furious, and then decided to hop on the forums to tell us all about his NAWWWSSSSSSS. As I said before, no buttons ... but a switch is perfectly fine. Btw, voice activated?? ROTFL.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:44 PM

Oh my God could this be a Bullit clone in Ls1 clothes?
I'm assuming he has a dry 100 shot ... which would need to be dynotuned.

Question LSyoung ... do you have any kind of a/f ratio monitoring in your car at all, or are you just blindly spraying it? If your doing the latter, I would suggest you stop. You could be running really rich (not that bad) or really lean (boooooom). I wouldn't take the chance personally.

And lastly, what was your 60ft and trap speed on the 13.9 and the 13.1 passes?
Old 08-18-2003, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

LMFAO at xphantomws6x's interests
Old 08-18-2003, 09:54 PM
Teching In

ill put it like this horible man about 2.1 on both and 99 on the 13.9 and 110 on the 13.1. No i do know a little about cars i did install my headers,plugs,wires, and the induction stuff by myself. My friend did the nitrous and the gears but no i dont have the money right now for realy any tuning. I have the nos 5177 kit and has the fuel safety switch so i rely on that and normaly wait til about 3500 to spray. didnt mean to **** anybody off if i did.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:54 AM

ill put it like this horible man about 2.1 on both and 99 on the 13.9 and 110 on the 13.1. No i do know a little about cars i did install my headers,plugs,wires, and the induction stuff by myself. My friend did the nitrous and the gears but no i dont have the money right now for realy any tuning. I have the nos 5177 kit and has the fuel safety switch so i rely on that and normaly wait til about 3500 to spray. didnt mean to **** anybody off if i did.
Regardless of whether or not you have the money to have it tuned, at least drop the 60-75 bucks and bring it down and have a dyno pass or two with a wideband o2 sensor, to at least see where your at. When I had my car tuned, I ran it with the nitrous before the tune, and it was running dangerously lean, and that was only around a 75hp shot I had in there. I would seriously have it looked at before you go throwing anymore nitrous through your engine, JMO.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Was this a C4? If this was a C5 something just doesn't sound right about this. My C5 with nothing more than a filter and an X-pipe for power adders ran consistently in the 13.2 range at about 109-110. This was with 60ft times of around 2.1-2.3 seconds. There a lot of C5's in the mid to upper 12's with just a filter (my launch stinks). The catback you mention isn't going to add anything on a C5, but if these were long tube headers the Vette should see about another 20+rwhp. So if you run a 13.1 on the juice and beat him by 3-5 car lengths, he's be running around 13.4-13.6. That's really slow for a C5 with headers. So either A) Your car is running alot stronger than you think it is B) This was a C4 with headers(times would be about right then) or C) this one of the worst drivers I've heard of in a C5. I don't doubt that you beat the guy. The numbers just aren't adding up.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:29 PM

Was this a C4? If this was a C5 something just doesn't sound right about this. My C5 with nothing more than a filter and an X-pipe for power adders ran consistently in the 13.2 range at about 109-110. This was with 60ft times of around 2.1-2.3 seconds. There a lot of C5's in the mid to upper 12's with just a filter (my launch stinks). The catback you mention isn't going to add anything on a C5, but if these were long tube headers the Vette should see about another 20+rwhp. So if you run a 13.1 on the juice and beat him by 3-5 car lengths, he's be running around 13.4-13.6. That's really slow for a C5 with headers. So either A) Your car is running alot stronger than you think it is B) This was a C4 with headers(times would be about right then) or C) this one of the worst drivers I've heard of in a C5. I don't doubt that you beat the guy. The numbers just aren't adding up.
Just as there are factory 'freaks' that pull way more hp then the regular ones, there are also factory 'duds' which pull way less. You have to remember that not every corvette you pull up to is going to have the capability, or the driver, to be able to pull good times. From my racing experience corvette drivers as a whole are usually the least capable drivers (I'm talking the normal 50-60 year old man that babies his car and barely ever races, obviously there are exceptions).
Old 08-19-2003, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well he says it is a kid in a Vette, so I'm guessing it isn't the geriatric driver syndrome. And I would expect that a factory dud with headers would pull at least as good as a normal car. I guess I'll just have to go with option C). This guy just flat out could not drive worth a darn.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

The race makes sense to me. Are we forgetting about this guy's 100-shot? I don't see anything unbelievable about it.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:10 PM
Teching In

it is a c5 the vette pulls pretty good especialy up top but like yall said the kid isnt the best driver but he does alright. also that is something i cant figure im cutting crappy times but i have ran that corvette without the nitrous and a slightly modded ss and have won both times. i guess thats the street for you. theres a couple of cars around here that have quicker times then me but i beat them every time so maybe it was just crappy runs at the track or hot weather need to go back and see what happens
DAMN i just remembered i got the tape of that and a lot of other stuff but i have no idea how to host them or anything
Old 08-19-2003, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

MaroKid if you read the thread he only pulls a 13.1 @ 110 WITH the nitrous shot. If he ran a low 13 without the bottle, there would be no confusion whatsoever. It just seems like the numbers don't add up here. But as the poster said that's the street I guess.