Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My 99z Vs 04 Cobra *Vid*

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
03-04 Cobras are heavier... if it was a blown GT or Mach 1, or a 96-98 Cobra, it would be different story.
what if you had a fast car? Different story right? GOod kill both cars are badass
Old 07-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cya_Vtec
Sorry too tell you but i see no way that his car sounds like ****, i cant even hear the cobra over the domination
Great kills and vid... I agree big time bro. That camaro sounds sweeeeet.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:26 PM
12 Second Club

Thx guys!!

dang no offense but your car sounds like **** compared to the cobra.

nice runs though.
Hmm.. I dunno if you ever heard a true dual dumped before the axle car with sweet thunders with a healthy cam but it sounds amazing to me. I agree on bolt ons my car sounded great but as soon as I added the H/C.. it changed the cars tone 100% from cruising to WOT made it sound 3 times louder and meaner.

BTW video doesn't do justice on how the car sounds in person.

good runs. cobra still on IRS? or swap to solid?
His cobra has IRS still.

Nice runs... stock rear end and stock gears on that Z?
Yes car is still on stock 10 bolt and 3.42's, I have to slip a bit on launch cause I am afraid it will break.

lolz at the guy trying to hold your car from going into the dirt. good runs, how well do you BFGs hook? Mine are great for my bolt-on camaro...
LOL yeah he is my burnout man haha. The BFG's hooked pretty decent i had them a little over inflated and had a lil bit of traction issues, when i had them while i was bolt on only they hooked HARD even on 150shot. So i guessing they will hold on the nitrous as well.

Great Video. If only they were all that well put together. I never mind a little buffer time for a vid of that quality. Great kills too with underdog car. I've always believed that it takes at least 50rwhp more in a 03/04 to run beside a well driven LS1. You just reaffirmed that theory and made it better. Presuming that the Cobra driver was up to par, of course. Nice kills.
+1
Old 07-16-2008, 08:04 PM
12 Second Club

Hey Guys I have added another video of the run where it was recorded up close.

Check the original post. Video 2
Old 07-16-2008, 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Nice kill! Badazz Camaro but a KB Cobra @ WOT sounds better than a cammed anything.
You must have been on a long flight or some ****, because you're delusional.

Do you honestly think the "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..." on a KB sounds better than a camming LS1?

So is it the blower itself or the combined sound of the Cobra exhaust (which differs depending on exhaust setup) +blower that makes it better than a cammin LS1?

Let's put one of those root style blowers on a ******* Honda prelude and say it's better than a camming pushrod V-8...

Last edited by Local-heretic; 07-16-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Very nice. He will never beat you LOL! Bottle vs Bottle roll race ASAP!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
Let's put one of those root style blowers on a ******* Honda prelude and say it's better than a camming pushrod V-8...
A KB is not a roots blower.

Bubba - Great runs - great pics - great vid - great post!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:47 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
You must have been on a long flight or some ****, because you're delusional.

Do you honestly think the "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..." on a KB sounds better than a camming LS1?

So is it the blower itself or the combined sound of the Cobra exhaust (which differs depending on exhaust setup) +blower that makes it better than a cammin LS1?

I will soon have a cammed C6 and I think I will still enjoy the sound of a KB at full scream even more. I'll let you know for sure though.

I know Vettes sound pretty good with full exhaust but I gotta tell you, as many people know, other than the lope at idle the F-body exhaust sounds MUCH better when done correctly (duals) vs the single muffler and pipe. Mustangs sound perfect with 250rwhp and 800+rwhp.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Myself personally i like the way mustangs sound, more so than a stock cammed lsx.... throw a cam in and ya its a toss up... but all that really fricken matters is who is ahead cause you might think my exhaust is too loud or sounds like **** or whatever, that just makes it more sweet to me when i pull on another car with a "good" sounding exhaust set-up. btw my setup is true duel 3in strait pipe... loud and proud baby... great kill OP car runs hella strong.. i would like to see some low roll races to see how yalls car compare with 0 traction issues
Old 07-16-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
I don't know why people call Cobra's "dyno queens," but I think most of us will agree that Mustang's sound better than Camaro's and Trans Am's. The Camaro still won in the end! mrbigjeep how can you say the Camaro sounds like ****? Seems like you're trying to start some ****.
Dont read into it just a troll Both cars look good and sound good. But I can agree on the dyno queen on the cobras, I seen guys Ice the **** out the intake to put up high numbers, Thats dumb to me why not run it at tempture like on the streets? But I did see a whipple cobra pull in no cooldown put the straps on and put down 645, 640, 637, Back to back pulls no no2
Old 07-16-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey bro great kills!!! I see that the Cobra couldn't hook up, at least in the first vid, you can see massive black tire marks, as he tried through first and second. Its clear to me you got him by 2 1/2 lengths or so both times, have you and he considered doing the same racing on a properly prepped track? I think that would be awesome, and should result in true side by side finish's.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
other than the lope at idle the F-body exhaust sounds MUCH better when done correctly (duals) vs the single muffler and pipe..
I disagree. I have had and heard both types and most of the time the cat-back will sound better than the duals. The duals usually sound better at idle but other than that, not really. Sounds are prefference though, so maybe you like something different. That GMMG exhaust is hard to beat though I think most will agree on that.

Listen to this: http://www.ls1sounds.com/GMMG/GMMG_J...6-idle-rev.WMV
Old 07-16-2008, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 06WHITEMCSS
Hey bro great kills!!! I see that the Cobra couldn't hook up, at least in the first vid, you can see massive black tire marks, as he tried through first and second. Its clear to me you got him by 2 1/2 lengths or so both times, have you and he considered doing the same racing on a properly prepped track? I think that would be awesome, and should result in true side by side finish's.
The Cobra went 11.9 without nitrous. That was his fastest time off the bottle. The fastest time on the bottle was 11.4. In one pass he managed to get a 1.5 60 foot by squeezing out of the hole LOL

Bubba went 12.0 @ 120 with a 100 shot, with the stock heads and stock cam.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well then seems to me then with all being equal, the Cobra would in fact take the Z in the quarter, that is, "equal" nos vs nos, or na vs na. Good kill anyhow, ya know what they say, "anything can happen on the street", right!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:41 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by LT1PwrdZ
what if you had a fast car? Different story right? GOod kill both cars are badass
Um... ok.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:43 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks all!!

Both of us where getting out of the hole head to head, I was having some traction issues as well. As for the tire marks, those where from the previous runs that evening.. Tubbed out cars where making passes before we ran. For some reason I was pulling a bit.

We will do Hwy pulls all motor again. I have ran him all motor after my H/C with my previous tune and I was ahead, but I would like to run again and get it on video.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

dude how many MB's is this video???! its taking forever to download!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:15 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by rocksws6
I disagree. I have had and heard both types and most of the time the cat-back will sound better than the duals. The duals usually sound better at idle but other than that, not really. Sounds are prefference though, so maybe you like something different. That GMMG exhaust is hard to beat though I think most will agree on that.

Listen to this: http://www.ls1sounds.com/GMMG/GMMG_J...6-idle-rev.WMV

Im @ work and cant hear this but the GMMG is the one exception, they DO sound great.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AcE XBOX
The Cobra went 11.9 without nitrous.
Ouch...not very good given his mods!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:16 AM
12 Second Club

nice vid and good kills,your car sounds great what kinda set up are you running