Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cowardly/dangerous move by GOAT owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cowardly/dangerous move by GOAT owner

So i am taking the wife and my 2 daughters out for her birthday last night and i happen to come across a crown of teens in a Taco Bell parking lot. I do a u turn to avoid the crowd and as soon as i get onto the main road (5lanes, 2 way traffic) this idiot teen driver comes out behind me flooring it sideways an was less than a door lenght away from smashing me in the @ss. He then whipped around to the driver side of my car still sideways, in arms distance of my door, revs and hauling ***....all to initiate a race...wtf! Its stupid $hit like this that cause people to get hurt. He scared the $hit out my family and coulda got alot of people hurt. He was gone before i could ask him or his buddies WTF is his problem!

What do these things run stock? It was an 05-06 with the true dual exhuast. I know he has the ls2 and from the looks of it is a shitty driver, could i out run his ignorant @ss?
Old 08-03-2008, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe from a dig for a short distance, considering his IRS and your 3.73s... but you would need to yank him out of the hole pretty good.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you would walk him. those gtos are boats
Old 08-03-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

I agree with you, it's dumbass kids like this that cause all the accidents. He's just another 1 of those young kids thinking there badass & trying to show off because he's riding around in a fast car.

As for a race against him, you would probably beat him. Seems like he lacks the driver mod.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1Loudz28
/thread now lol
This is how it all starts...
Old 08-03-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
/thread now lol
This is how it all starts...
so true...
Old 08-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

so you know all the goats have true dual exhaust. the 04s just have different looking pipes. unless you saw 6.0 on the back there is really no way to tell by looks if it is an LS2(short of going under the hood). many of the 04 owners have swapped hoods.

But the guy does sound like an asshat you could probably beat him on your bicycle.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

it is unfortunate that some drivers are dangerous. srry to hear it was a gto owner. that is not par for the course. to 1Loud z28 you are mistaken about gto's, but opinions are like ******** and you seen to be blessed with 2 of them.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Launching!

I'm not even gonna start on the GTO boat comment but that owner was an *** to do something like that. Chances are he can't drive and run him from a dig
Old 08-04-2008, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

If he's running a stock, untuned auto I wouldn't be too worried. Torque management doesn't seem to friendly with E.T.s

You'll catch him running around again someday.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:11 AM
11 Second Club

That is definately NOT par for the course when it comes to GTO owners.

For being a "boat" mine moves pretty good for having stock power. And the best part? No rattles of any kind at any speed.

But anyone that drives like that, has NO idea how to drive. Thus you'd have killed him no matter what he was driving. It's idiots like him that raise all of our insurance rates....
Old 08-05-2008, 01:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would have chased his *** down and put that ******* kid in the hospital, it would be a pretty ******* funny site seeing me jerk that little teen punk out of his car. If anyone ever endangered my family's life like that. I would show them what 20 years of Martial Arts and 6 years in the Army can do
Old 08-05-2008, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default .......

I wanted to chase hime down but i didn't want to go loco on the jack@ss in front of my kids. Man i hadn't been that pissed in a long time. Alot of these kids have no respect for the road and don't know the first thing about how dangers a 300+ rwhp car can be if driven like a damn fool. Granted you take a risk everytime you line up with someone but that is you and that individual agreeing to it with no one else being involved if planned correctly. I hope to see the kid at the track or the local hangout and i'll try to take the adult approach and let this idiot know how dumb that was.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well this is what happens when daddy buys his son a car for his 16th birthday. The kid probably never had to work for it and thusly has no real respect for it.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Regular

GTO's are slow.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Launching!

As before mentioned, you should have jumped out and beat his ***, simply got back in the car and said "Now I dare you to get an "F" or "D" on your report cards!!!"
Old 08-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
GTO's are slow.
Yes all of them.
Mine the most....
Old 08-05-2008, 07:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Yes all of them.
Mine the most....
At least you realize this finally. Acceptance is the first stage of getting better. Eventually you will come back to the dark side.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeaneGrae
I wanted to chase hime down but i didn't want to go loco on the jack@ss in front of my kids. Man i hadn't been that pissed in a long time. Alot of these kids have no respect for the road and don't know the first thing about how dangers a 300+ rwhp car can be if driven like a damn fool. Granted you take a risk everytime you line up with someone but that is you and that individual agreeing to it with no one else being involved if planned correctly. I hope to see the kid at the track or the local hangout and i'll try to take the adult approach and let this idiot know how dumb that was.

True, I completely understand that part. I do have a fond memory of some kids ******* with my dad while we were out of town in the Z way back when I was a freshman in High school (Graduated in 2000 so a long *** time ago) they had cut my dad off in heavy traffic and almost caused an accident, they were driving like a bunch of idiots. So he started following and chasing them all over town. He never caught the kids but they were a runnin tryin to lose my dad. It was funny seeing them kids looking through the back window with the "O **** I **** MYSELF" Look
Old 08-06-2008, 06:48 AM
11 Second Club

Assuming the LS2 GTO is stock, it'd be a drivers race from a dig on the street. The GTO is going to have more top end but is a little heavier and are a little trickier to launch.

Originally Posted by 1Loudz28
Boats huh? I bet my bolt on/tuned GTO would be a HELL of a run for your H/C 390rwhp F body on the highway.