Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lost to an LT1

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost to an LT1

So we decided to head out to a local car show/cruise last night.

Not much around but a bunch of rice burners right away, but then a guy came in a what turned out to be 97' t/a. He asked if I would run him and I said sure why not. That thing sounded pretty sick, so I was unsure what to expect.

First race: He just went so then I gunned it, and he proceded to pull to about a 2 car advantage.

Seconed race: He gave me the hit from about a 30 roll and then he eventually caught up and had about 3/4ths of a car on me before we had to slow down for cars ahead.

Also later on lost to a nice sti from a 20 roll

Talked to the guy with the Trans Am and he has heads/cam, I think 4.10 gears, bfg drag radials and thats all I know. Car was very nice though. I could really tell my 2.73 gears killed me in all of the races, I think I could have pulled on the STI with 3.73. And the race with the Trans Am with 3.73 and a 3600 stall might be really close? He said he ran 12.5 when he took it to the track.

Night was good until we got back to the hang out spot... and the cops showed up. We were all LUCKY and they just gave everyone a big speech and said they will be on the look out from now on. My first ever time going to this thing and it's the first time it has EVER had cops show up they said. And of course the cops had to pick me out of the crowed of everyone and ask questions.

But they didn't have anything, just a complaint from a lady who did not want to take the time to write a statement. THANK GOD what a night. Think I'm ready to start going to the track from now on.. at least until I could afford to get a ticket like that. haha and my girl agrees and said she wan'ts to drive a few times there too if I'll let her.

Sorry for the long story! Time to MOD UP .
Old 08-03-2008, 07:38 PM
12 Second Club

nice races
Old 08-03-2008, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

good races. but there had to be somthing wrong with that lt1. h/c w/drag radials should be in the high elevens atleast
Old 08-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ElkySS
good races. but there had to be somthing wrong with that lt1. h/c w/drag radials should be in the high elevens atleast

Umm thats kinda what I was thinking too. He never had it dyno tuned so idk.. maybe it was the slowmaster exhuast haha. The cam didn't sound too extreme either but yeah who knows.

I mentioned to him that he should check out ls1tech but he kinda just shrugged and din't say anything.