Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

mildly modded subaru vs me

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 08:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mildly modded subaru vs me

i have to admit im kinda a ricer when i drive around, if i see anything with stickers or a wing i rev at it lol. anyway i was cruisin along in my z and a wrx passed in the other lane, we both reved and i see him turn around, i go in a lot and wait and talk to the guy when he shows up. i didnt get what year but it was a wrx with an adjustable boost controller, i think he said he was running 13psi, blow off valve, bigger intercooler, downpipe and a full exhaust with no cat. i told him what i had done, which is basically an intake and tranny and we went off. only ran him twice because i was taking my girl home.
first race was from a 30 roll, i started in first, on the third honk i was gone, i let up at about 80, im not sure when he did but at 80 i had about 3 busses on him.
second race wasnt really even a good one, we came out of a light and turned left, i was expecting another roll, but he gets on it as soon as its straight, i go a second later and basically come up with the same results. i was wanting a light but no luck.
just kinda made me feel good, because i was getting down on the car, i had a guy wanting to trade me for an 86 grand national and i was about to do it.
my windshield just got broken and i was running broke so the car just kinda depressed me.
but ive revived my plans for it now so the z will stay
Old 08-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's weird, WRX's/STi's run in the 14.2/14.7 area of boost from the factory. He must have been mistaken or stupid, no reason to run 13psi unless you have a bigger turbo swapped on there. Good kill though.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Launching!

i rev at everything too...gets **** goin....
Old 08-17-2008, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

the guy was kinda clueless lol, he mighta said 15 pounds then, i just forgot
Old 08-18-2008, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

Trade for the 86' GN....much better investment than the Z. I own 2 GN's and they both will continue to rise in value providing they are kept well.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

im thinking about it but the car is making me happy now, and the GN is 500 miles away, i wont get to see it up close until the deal is done, so im kinda scared