Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed 2-mustangs...nothing exciting.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unit213
I really liked this particular Mustang GT that belonged to a friend.
Sure doesn't look like garbage to me. Then again, 800rwhp
and $6K or so in wheels tends to help any car.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

definately garbage

jk, sick car.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1_K1DD
^I ment in stock form. Climb off your high *** horse. All you do is come on here and defend mustangs like they are gods gift. When we all know in fact, IN STOCK FORM THEY ARE GARBAGE. And if you could read i also mention the 99-04's up^. Not 05+ with the 3.55's. Seriously, why in the hell are you in here? Not to mention my car is bone stock. No **** it would whip me easy. Congrats. You have a nice car, with a big *** mouth.
I give plenty of props to plenty of F-bodies! Do a search if it helps you out. Infact I used to own one! And I agree, ANY Mustang is slow in stock form. However they are far from garbage you moron. Garbage is an Hyundai or a Kia. Why do you even care about how fast they are in stock form? Oh yea, because your car is ******* slow! You're just another F-body owner that thinks just because you own a F-body means you HAVE TO hate Mustangs. I think ANY V8 4th gen or 1967-1970 F-body is nothing short of a badass machine! (yes that includes your car) Christ almighty why do so many of you guys honestly feel the need to put down Mustangs?
Old 08-23-2008, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I give plenty of props to plenty of F-bodies! Do a search if it helps you out. Infact I used to own one! And I agree, ANY Mustang is slow in stock form. However they are far from garbage you moron. Garbage is an Hyundai or a Kia. Why do you even care about how fast they are in stock form? Oh yea, because your car is ******* slow! You're just another F-body owner that thinks just because you own a F-body means you HAVE TO hate Mustangs. I think ANY V8 4th gen or 1967-1970 F-body is nothing short of a badass machine! (yes that includes your car) Christ almighty why do so many of you guys honestly feel the need to put down Mustangs?
Why? why? why?... wahhhh...

OP,

Good kill.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
Why? why? why?... wahhhh...

OP,

Good kill.
I was wondering how long it would take for the hardasses to come out.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:12 AM
11 Second Club

why do so many of you guys honestly feel the need to put down Mustangs?
most of us are just joking..and if we weren't it would just be boring
Old 08-24-2008, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Smile

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
most of us are just joking..and if we weren't it would just be boring
I myself take no offense because i realize the mustang was the original ponycar and so will always be the ridicule target .
Old 08-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BLUE OVAL TURBO
I myself take no offense because i realize the mustang was the original ponycar and so will always be the ridicule target .
+1 thank you
Old 08-24-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLUE OVAL TURBO
Originally Posted by cristoph
+1 thank you
Old 08-24-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wont stir **** up further than it has already been stirred. I stated before in this thread that i infact like the looks and interiors of the cars, but they lacked power from 99-04. That was a point i was trying to make. Sorry for all the smoke and mirrors in front of the point. And by garbage i ment power level in stock form. No i dont think i have to hate mustangs, i just hate the typical(stereotype) mustang owner. Yeah my car is slow, big deal, i bought it because i love F Bodies and have always wanted an LS1. It will be fast someday, maybe not as soon as i would like, but someday. It takes a little time.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Old 08-24-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

My N/A GT would wipe the floor with your Z28. So what does that make your car if mine is garbage? The trash can?
What I can't figure out is why a nascar or an Indy race team hasn't recruited you.

Let's see some pics of this alleged GT beast. Include some engine shots. I wanna see what NASCAR is missing out on...
Old 08-24-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
bahaha. way to steal that from me
when you wanna set up another SA meet?

OP, good kill. Why does every damn Ford vs Chevy thread turn out into a huge pissing match?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sarge_13

OP, good kill. Why does every damn Ford vs Chevy thread turn out into a huge pissing match?
Namely because there's always one fanboy on one of the sides that HAS to run his mouth about "my car is better", or get all bowdy over some comment someone else made.......even if it is was just meant as a friendly jab. Then comes the retalitory strike from the fanboys on the other side......it's never ending. I've lost my cool once or twice, but I think I've learned my lesson now.

You can't and won't change anyone's minds about something on these boards. It's a waste of energy to try. You just have to roll with the punches, give input when you have it, and try not to take things so seriously. Then head outside, jump in your ride, and go have a blast and forget all this bickering nonsense.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Namely because there's always one fanboy on one of the sides that HAS to run his mouth about "my car is better", or get all bowdy over some comment someone else made.......even if it is was just meant as a friendly jab. Then comes the retalitory strike from the fanboys on the other side......it's never ending. I've lost my cool once or twice, but I think I've learned my lesson now.

You can't and won't change anyone's minds about something on these boards. It's a waste of energy to try. You just have to roll with the punches, give input when you have it, and try not to take things so seriously. Then head outside, jump in your ride, and go have a blast and forget all this bickering nonsense.
Amen to that. I just wish my **** wasn't so slow right now...I mean a ****** turbo RSX beat me off a roll earlier today
Old 08-24-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Amen to that. I just wish my **** wasn't so slow right now...I mean a ****** turbo RSX beat me off a roll earlier today
You really should put the blower back on.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

You really should put the blower back on.
LOL. I was on the stock blower before just ported and pullied. I got a new engine when the other one took a **** so I just decided to leave this one stock and break it in (56 miles when I got it, around 570 now) before the whipple gets here in september
Old 08-25-2008, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

You know whats funny... if the title of the thread has "mustang" in it, its guaranteed to go 3 pages.

OP... good kill or should I say good overkill? lol.

-Mark
Old 08-25-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

100% eh? www.mustangforums.com was a member with a full exhaust and an m5. 235 at the wheels. I would rock the hell out of a cobra or mach 1 anyday of the week. Just not over a Camaro/Trans am. Didnt mean to put Cobra or Mach 1 in the same group. I should have said Mustang GT's are Garbage. And they are. /discussion.
Where's that member? What correction factor, and what Dyno type? With all the differences attributed to dyno's how can you take "ONE" dyno and call it the norm for all?
Originally Posted by unit213
I really liked this particular Mustang GT that belonged to a friend.
Sure doesn't look like garbage to me. Then again, 800rwhp
and $6K or so in wheels tends to help any car.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

I never get tired of looking at that S197
^I ment in stock form. Climb off your high *** horse. All you do is come on here and defend mustangs like they are gods gift. When we all know in fact, IN STOCK FORM THEY ARE GARBAGE. And if you could read i also mention the 99-04's up^. Not 05+ with the 3.55's. Seriously, why in the hell are you in here? Not to mention my car is bone stock. No **** it would whip me easy. Congrats. You have a nice car, with a big *** mouth.
What is this world coming too why 'bone stock' refers to a car with mods? I have to agree that teh New edge GTs aren't anything special by comparison what most of us on here drive, but for a daily driver with some Umph, and potential they aren't bad. THey will still take out most cars on teh street (all cars considering).
Old 08-25-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Namely because there's always one fanboy on one of the sides that HAS to run his mouth about "my car is better", or get all bowdy over some comment someone else made.......even if it is was just meant as a friendly jab. Then comes the retalitory strike from the fanboys on the other side......it's never ending. I've lost my cool once or twice................
+1

I'm cool with it, but sometimes it gets old real quick and having to read stangs are slow stangs suck only the cobra's are worth a damn and those can be taken down with just xyz mods......over and over gets a tad frustrating. But, that's what I get for being a member of this forum.

LOL. I was on the stock blower before just ported and pullied. I got a new engine when the other one took a **** so I just decided to leave this one stock and break it in (56 miles when I got it, around 570 now) before the whipple gets here in september
Cool...didn't know you got that new motor.
Originally Posted by Bitemark46
You know whats funny... if the title of the thread has "mustang" in it, its guaranteed to go 3 pages.

OP... good kill or should I say good overkill? lol.

-Mark
no ****. lol
Old 08-25-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Not always true. I refer you to one of my own kill stories from many months ago.

Built SN-95 kill

Now, if you only view 10 post per page, yes its 3 pages, but who does that?