Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Custom Chopper/350Z vs CETA

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Custom Chopper/350Z vs CETA

Messing around Saturday evening heading to Kemah from the south on 146 and came across a custom chopper with the guy riding right on my bumper. I let him come around me and he hit it at about 30. We ran neck and neck until 85 when I started a decent pull. Let off at about 100 with a 2 car/motorcycle lead.

Said his bike was a 116CI or 126CI...not sure. Said had some little performance mods but the bike was pretty quick....just a fun run.

Then came across a guy and his gal coming home on 45 in a 350Z. Came up several times trying to encourage me to make a run. Finally we took off at 65 and I did not pull as hard as i thought i would. I pulled consistently but not by a lot. We let off at 120 with me at about 3 leangths ahead. Not sure if he had mods but looked relatively stock except for a upgraded exhaust system.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Nice. Sounds spot-on for the Chopper.

I would have the guess the 350Z may have one of those Stillen Superchargers. Emisions legal, but no quicker (if not slower) than a full bolt-on LS1. I'm guessing you're a little beyond the bolt-ons....?

Your CETA is trapping in the high teens I'm guessing?
Old 08-25-2008, 12:42 PM
10 Second Club

The CETA has about everything you can do from a bolt on standpoint. Stainless headers, ypipe, no cats, Corsa back pipe, Thunder Racing Cam, FAST 90mm throttle body w/matching intake, underdrive pulley, GForce tune, etc...

High teens? what do you mean there? This car is now probably about 415 RWHP with the header, and pulley addition. I had it tuned specifically for highway runs...60 and above the car pulls very strong.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:46 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry, flat am out of it today...your speaking of high teens in the 1/4....just flew right over my head when I first read that. Not sure as have not officially run this in the quarter. I have put a GTech meter in it on a good road right after the cam before the heqaders and pulley and made two runs...both low to mid 12's at about 117, so should be a couple mph higher now and run 12 flat to a high 11 possibly.