Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Camaro Vs. Turbo Honda

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro Vs. Turbo Honda

My mods are in sig, i know he has a swap with a pretty big turbo with a decent amount of boost. Supposefully ran a low 12 at the track, my car would not go into 3rd.

From a 25 roll and he jumped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6MuA5QxbbY
Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I was expecting with all those excuses that you lost. Nice kill.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Launching!

Lol yeah, my comp does not have sound, can you hear me bouncing the rev limiter like 7 times in the movie?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice kill, those honda kids never learn.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Teching In

LOL at swap, big turbo, decent amount of boost. Sorry to bust your bubble, but you probably raced a sohc with a bolt on kit. My civic with a swap and a bolt on kit at 12 pounds made 328whp. Weighing in at a hefty 2300 pounds...... with that much power he would have raped you. These little ricer kids always lie about what they have, and try to make their cars look fast when they aren't. They should think just the opposite. I now have a big turbo, with a decent amount of boost, and my car makes 650whp, but you would never know it until you can't see my taillights anymore. From now on just say unknown mods.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
LOL at swap, big turbo, decent amount of boost. Sorry to bust your bubble, but you probably raced a sohc with a bolt on kit. My civic with a swap and a bolt on kit at 12 pounds made 328whp. Weighing in at a hefty 2300 pounds...... with that much power he would have raped you. These little ricer kids always lie about what they have, and try to make their cars look fast when they aren't. They should think just the opposite. I now have a big turbo, with a decent amount of boost, and my car makes 650whp, but you would never know it until you can't see my taillights anymore. From now on just say unknown mods.
Since you obiously were not there you dont know what it had. So your assumptions are based of something you pulled out of nowhere. Yes hondas can be made fast really easy. They can have a really nice power to weight ration, but not all hondas are built the right way. You may have a nice setup, but for all you know its a GSR with a gt35.... with a stock tune and alot of homemade ****. If this was the case his description is just fine.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Let's not start here Johnny Tran... Everyone knows, no matter how far up in denial creek they are, that Hondas can be fast. Tell me how much money, time, sweat, and trash talk you have put in to get your GSR to be as fast as it is? Then I'll tell you mine... I'll put my nuts on it that you've spent more than I have. Hell, those rims cost you more than my headers, gears, and tires put together.

*EDIT* Include the price of the car too...
Old 09-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

+1 on the probably not built right. I have had a couple of close races with honda's that run 10-12 psi and make 300 or so WHP and it was close enough that it took 40 mph increase to pull a car on them. I don't know how much HP I make, but the car goes mid-upper 11's at about 120, taking it easy on the launch so I don't break my rear axle.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Teching In

The fastest Honda I ever raced was the easily the most understated in appearance. Why is it that those with slow cars want to make them look faster while those with fast cars try to make them look slower?
Old 09-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dabeztz28
Since you obiously were not there you dont know what it had. So your assumptions are based of something you pulled out of nowhere. Yes hondas can be made fast really easy. They can have a really nice power to weight ration, but not all hondas are built the right way. You may have a nice setup, but for all you know its a GSR with a gt35.... with a stock tune and alot of homemade ****. If this was the case his description is just fine.
Yes you are right, but by his own description you can tell he has no idea what the car actually had. I know for a fact that a gsr swap in a civic with a small bolt on turbo kit...."t3/t4" will make 300+whp at 10-12psi no tune. I know because i did it. my car made 303, a little tuning made 328. He would have got the jump.... then that civic would have come by him like he wasn"t trying if it had a big turbo and decent boost. My big turbo makes 400+ at 12psi. I understand what you're saying, I just know you don"t need a big turbo to make 300whp, and if it had 300whp he would have raped him. Therefore the car couldn't have had what he says.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Steiner
The fastest Honda I ever raced was the easily the most understated in appearance. Why is it that those with slow cars want to make them look faster while those with fast cars try to make them look slower?
Did you take a look at my car? This is always the case!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rushin

Let's not start here Johnny Tran... Everyone knows, no matter how far up in denial creek they are, that Hondas can be fast. Tell me how much money, time, sweat, and trash talk you have put in to get your GSR to be as fast as it is? Then I'll tell you mine... I'll put my nuts on it that you've spent more than I have. Hell, those rims cost you more than my headers, gears, and tires put together.

*EDIT* Include the price of the car too...
Thats hilarious. the guy with the fastest integra out here is named john tran. Anyways yes making my car fast was expensive as hell, I spent 13 for the car, and 35 for all my parts. You have to remember though, I have the best of the best. you can make this much power with half what I spent. Its just kinda funny that I'm the only honda that made it to the high speed rolls every weekend. LOL
Old 09-05-2008, 12:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Thats hilarious. the guy with the fastest integra out here is named john tran. Anyways yes making my car fast was expensive as hell, I spent 13 for the car, and 35 for all my parts. You have to remember though, I have the best of the best. you can make this much power with half what I spent. Its just kinda funny that I'm the only honda that made it to the high speed rolls every weekend. LOL
I'm just pulling your leg guy!

But, in all seriousness, there's no need to sling **** at folks who don't personally know the cars. I've beat cars that I've known inside and out and KNEW that they would hand my *** to me... And finally, I wouldn't say you have the best of the best; we've got a couple (note the word) local Honda guys who would giggle at 650 wheel.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Did you take a look at my car? This is always the case!!!
Looks good but it's not exactly stealth with those wheels, you know? The fastest thing I've ever raced that I never saw coming was one of these...

I figured out what it was pretty quickly as it put buslengths on me but, if done tastefully, even some turbo Buick aficionados would need a 2nd look to ID a clean GNX.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rushin
I'm just pulling your leg guy!

But, in all seriousness, there's no need to sling **** at folks who don't personally know the cars. I've beat cars that I've known inside and out and KNEW that they would hand my *** to me... And finally, I wouldn't say you have the best of the best; we've got a couple (note the word) local Honda guys who would giggle at 650 wheel.
I meant parts, I didn't mean power. I can throw on a much bigger turbo and make a lot more power, but I'm at the threshold of fwd streetability as it is. More power would do nothing for me unless I decide to throw this setup in a gutted hatch and try my hand at the track.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Steiner
Looks good but it's not exactly stealth with those wheels, you know? The fastest thing I've ever raced that I never saw coming was one of these...

I figured out what it was pretty quickly as it put buslengths on me but, if done tastefully, even some turbo Buick aficionados would need a 2nd look to ID a clean GNX.
I thought everybody knew about those. You can tell by the wheels but thats like saying a bone stock viper is a sleeper. Those are far from sleepers. I would immediately get of the street he was on. Or stay a few hundred feet back and just admire it.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Lots of little blue haired ladies driving around Regals.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Teching In

Sorry OP anytime I throw in my .02 cents its going to become about me. Nice kill. I just don't believe it was swap, big turbo, decent boost.... but I could be wrong...... anything is possible I guess.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gsrhunter...thought you died...got any new videos bitch?!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Launching!

Sorry OP anytime I throw in my .02 cents its going to become about me. Nice kill. I just don't believe it was swap, big turbo, decent boost.... but I could be wrong...... anything is possible I guess.
To many variables. Traction, boost leaks, driving..... Anything is possible on the street. Good kill for camaro man.

But i would think its probably a boosted SOHC from the outcome.