Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

got eatin by a civic (THE VIDEO!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008 | 08:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by palmersz28
yea but you know the first time i spray ...there going be to like thats the only way they can beat a civic is sprayin ... so u know like i said in the comments on you tube its going to be a winless arguement between a ricer and domestic and yea the extra money for the LSD was pretty much worthless i sprayed against a ws6 trans am that had headers catback lid and a tune and i barley beat him by i think they said 3/4 of a car so i was like **** this time to go domestic sold car for 8000 to some army brat in missouri and bought me 2000 z28 m6
In a high HP FWD car LSD can be a life saver. Everyone who I give a ride is scared crapless..... not because my car is so ohh my god fast..... but a little thing called torque steer!!! and I have a quaife. Without LSD you will be all over the road!!!!
Old 09-10-2008 | 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
In a high HP FWD car LSD can be a life saver. Everyone who I give a ride is scared crapless..... not because my car is so ohh my god fast..... but a little thing called torque steer!!! and I have a quaife. Without LSD you will be all over the road!!!!
I know what you are trying to say but it does not sound right.

LSD never makes you a good driver.
Old 09-10-2008 | 11:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I know what you are trying to say but it does not sound right.

LSD never makes you a good driver.
Without LSD one wheel grabs.... so it pulls you that way.... then it loses traction and the other grabs.... so it pulls you that way....... and back and forth you go. Without LSD its damn near uncontrollable. In really fast FWD cars it still happens with LSD, just not nearly as much. I bet you have never driven a high HP FWD car before. Deosn't matter how good of a driver you are. I will tell just about anyone here.... if I let you drive my car on full boost. You will either bitch out and let off, or you will crash. The back end getting away from you is nothing compared to the drive and steering wheels pulling you back and forth from lane to lane. Torque Steer is something you have to get used to.
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:02 AM

Without LSD one wheel grabs.... so it pulls you that way.... then it loses traction and the other grabs.... so it pulls you that way....... and back and forth you go. Without LSD its damn near uncontrollable. In really fast FWD cars it still happens with LSD, just not nearly as much. I bet you have never driven a high HP FWD car before. Deosn't matter how good of a driver you are. I will tell just about anyone here.... if I let you drive my car on full boost. You will either bitch out and let off, or you will crash. The back end getting away from you is nothing compared to the drive and steering wheels pulling you back and forth from lane to lane. Torque Steer is something you have to get used to.
I understand. The drug LSD does not make you drive better. Bad joke on my part.

I can see how defesive you are due to trying to earn respect with a Honda, thats a tough job on any doestic forum Im sure.
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Gsrhunter I just wanna know just to understand you just a little better, what is it about civic/integra that you like so much?
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:18 AM
***Repost Police***

The fact that his is a MAJOR sleeper... he's said time and time again that he's gonna build a high-hp LSx car whenever he gets the chance.
Old 09-11-2008 | 01:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I understand. The drug LSD does not make you drive better. Bad joke on my part.

I can see how defesive you are due to trying to earn respect with a Honda, thats a tough job on any doestic forum Im sure.
My bad.... slap me around a little.... I can be dense at times!!!! LMAO

YAY now I get it!!!!
Old 09-11-2008 | 02:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
Gsrhunter I just wanna know just to understand you just a little better, what is it about civic/integra that you like so much?
I loved my car because it was the ultimate sleeper. I don't anymore!!! It was fun as hell two years ago when I was spanking everyone, but now everyone has stepped up their game, and I'm at the limit of FWD street performance. At 32 pounds my car would spin all the way through 5th. We coudn't even street tune it. More power does me no good. I wish I built on a better platform now because all my money is sunk into this bitch. I'll still have fun breaking off the occasional old man who doesn't know any better. Maybe god willing I can find an idiot to give me 30 g's for all the crap I have. I have the money to get a vette or a new camaro. I just don't have the money to send it to lingenfelter.
Old 09-11-2008 | 02:30 AM
***Repost Police***

You want a sleeper, do a turbo LSx in a 240SX or Miata
Old 09-11-2008 | 02:54 AM
TECH Addict

Interesting..i say headers/ory/lid and a tune / tuneup will take care of this civic. Also, where in mexico are you guys?

Did you already buy SLP headers?...heard lots of bad things about them. Slightly off topic

p.s. civics suck
Old 09-11-2008 | 03:06 AM
Teching In

When I get outrun by a Civic, I will be sure to find a new hobby... but if i do, it will forever remain a secret.. un
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I loved my car because it was the ultimate sleeper. I don't anymore!!! It was fun as hell two years ago when I was spanking everyone, but now everyone has stepped up their game, and I'm at the limit of FWD street performance. At 32 pounds my car would spin all the way through 5th. We coudn't even street tune it. More power does me no good. I wish I built on a better platform now because all my money is sunk into this bitch. I'll still have fun breaking off the occasional old man who doesn't know any better. Maybe god willing I can find an idiot to give me 30 g's for all the crap I have. I have the money to get a vette or a new camaro. I just don't have the money to send it to lingenfelter.
or just do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Mc8VQ_IkM&NR=1
Old 09-11-2008 | 02:17 PM
Teching In

I already commented on that. That would be my ultimate dream. To make my teg RWD and put a Twin Turbo Vette motor in it. I actually should look into how much that would cost, and who could do it. It may not be as extraordinarily expensive as I'm thinking.
Old 09-11-2008 | 02:55 PM
***Repost Police***

It might not... there was an AWD Integra model offered in Japan (and possibly Europe?), so if the floorpan isn't already prepped for a driveshaft, it might not be that complicated/expensive.
Old 09-11-2008 | 03:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It might not... there was an AWD Integra model offered in Japan (and possibly Europe?), so if the floorpan isn't already prepped for a driveshaft, it might not be that complicated/expensive.
AWD Civic model as well.
Old 09-11-2008 | 03:28 PM
Teching In

If u got u beat u got beat simple as that . i dislike when people make excuses he had a turbo and i was stock . even if it was a honda the better car won dont hate cuz u lost and think the LS1 cant b beat .
Old 09-11-2008 | 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

I already commented on that. That would be my ultimate dream. To make my teg RWD and put a Twin Turbo Vette motor in it. I actually should look into how much that would cost, and who could do it. It may not be as extraordinarily expensive as I'm thinking.
you should ask the guy that owns it. He's on here, tho it probably is expensive, but if it was me, since you already got a bad *** engine, why not just do a rwd conversion
Old 09-11-2008 | 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

check this out

http://honda-portal.com/honda-videos.php?video_id=561
Old 09-11-2008 | 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by IvanGTStang
If u got u beat u got beat simple as that . i dislike when people make excuses he had a turbo and i was stock . even if it was a honda the better car won dont hate cuz u lost and think the LS1 cant b beat .
i never said anything about an ls1 cant being beat if you look through the comments i said i had an integra that would beat ls1 and GTSTANG'S and im not hatin on if you look at the comment on youtube i clearly stated that was a bad *** civic and i did get beat
Old 09-11-2008 | 06:01 PM
Teching In

You jerk. LOL You got my hopes all up with this one only for me to get shot down!!!! I was definitely going to do this, but its already been tried. The most Honda CRV transfer cases will hold is 400whp. The kinda power my car makes snaps em like a twig.