Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6 Corvette vs Pullied 03 Cobra **Vid**

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AaronK
Whoa, that wasn't very pretty. Cobra guy needs to learn to shift.
Same could be said about these heads/cam z06's you pull in your pullied cobra eh?

Nice runs FAsnake, good video as always.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Evilways
You race the car AND the driver, whether it be on the track or street. Both cars are fast, but C6s don't get the respect from the rest of the auto community they deserve. Cobras have been top of the food chain (especially modded) for years and every race where you see a C6 beat a Cobra, tons of people come out of the wood work saying the "Cobra guy" can't drive. I'll let you guys in on a little secret: most owners of "fast" cars can't drive to the full extent of what the seasoned drag/street racers can. There's not tons of guys out there like FAsnakes or Unit213, no matter how much HP they're packing in their Cobras. I've seen C6Zs run 13's and Whipple Cobras run high 12's due to driver and/or track conditions. You gotta have the right combo of driving skill and HP on tap .
He got pulled like a bitch right from the start, BEFORE any shifting even took place. That C6 was WAY faster than the pullied Cobra regardless of the driver and in my opinion, and many other people's, it should have been a much closer race. The driver had something to do with it, but unless he was starting in the wrong gear, driver mod wasn't the only issue in those races. Perhaps he was in the wrong gear AND sucks at shifting. Either way, I was glad to see the C6 run away from him.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Not at all. Everyday I question why I didnt grab another KB Cobra instead of the C6.
The answer to that is Spray it!
Old 09-22-2008, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FAsnakes
Top kept flying off. 'delaminating'. Amongst other issues GM bought it back as a lemon.

Nah, my next ride will be a C6Z. I need the LS7

I go back and forth between the bowtie and oval.
  • My first car was a 95 Green camaro
  • 87 White Z28
  • 99 Silver Mustang GT
  • 03 Yellow Cobra
  • 06 Yellow Corvette
  • 06 Black Corvette
  • 03 Silver Cobra

LS7 Is the way to go hehehe you'll love it only boltons and cam and you'll be unbeatble
Old 09-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

I like this vid better. just messin' with you guys of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmP8z...eature=related
Old 09-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

You race the car AND the driver, whether it be on the track or street. Both cars are fast, but C6s don't get the respect from the rest of the auto community they deserve. Cobras have been top of the food chain (especially modded) for years and every race where you see a C6 beat a Cobra, tons of people come out of the wood work saying the "Cobra guy" can't drive. I'll let you guys in on a little secret: most owners of "fast" cars can't drive to the full extent of what the seasoned drag/street racers can. There's not tons of guys out there like FAsnakes or Unit213, no matter how much HP they're packing in their Cobras. I've seen C6Zs run 13's and Whipple Cobras run high 12's due to driver and/or track conditions. You gotta have the right combo of driving skill and HP on tap .
I don't see eye to eye with Evilways all that often, but he's dead on the money with this post. Think I'm gonna save it for sig material for some guys I know on our local SVT site.

600 rwhp twin-screw cobra.....mid 12's @ 12x at the strip. What's their solution to getting better ETs? Turn up the boost for more power.

Last edited by gnxs; 09-26-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Restricted User

awesome runs...
Old 09-27-2008, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Driver mod!!! Ive seen pullied cobras run high tens... and with the same exact setup down to the tires seen low 12's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWNQN...eature=related
We will never see a fair race because conditions change and the same driver can't be in both of the cars at the same time. Even though that driver in the cobra was wayyyyyy horrible. Like real bad.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:23 PM
10 Second Club

^^ I agree, didn't respect C6's till I ran a full exhaust lid one. I got him but he put up a good fight. Good kill OP