Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mustang Kill

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 02:35 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mustang Kill

I was out at our local track near charleston s.c saturday running in a bracket race. There has been this guy buggin me and talking trash for about six months now,bout how bad this mustang is he is building. Well i got knocked out the race and went back to my trailer and was loading up,then here he comes with his little crew.I had my kids with me and we were really tired and i told them i was just gonna go home and did not want to race them. So they go to talking about how slow camaro's are and i must be scared. Well my kids heard that and said,we will wait dad,go kick his butt,. I dont like grudge racing because of all the talking and arguing that has to be done to get a fair race.But after 30 min of debate with these guys i agreed to run heads up spray for spray.He has a 91 gt with a 10,000 dollar 331 stroker with a 150 shot,or so they say.I have a cam only heavy *** SS with a 200 shot. So we line up and i cut a .017 light on em and he never even got anywhere close to me.It was great how a cam only camaro could put it on em like that. I ran a 6.61@104
Old 09-24-2008, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good kill. i hate ignorant crap talking, no matter what the car is. anyway, good **** man.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:49 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by CHEVYMAN434
I was out at our local track near charleston s.c saturday running in a bracket race. There has been this guy buggin me and talking trash for about six months now,bout how bad this mustang is he is building. Well i got knocked out the race and went back to my trailer and was loading up,then here he comes with his little crew.I had my kids with me and we were really tired and i told them i was just gonna go home and did not want to race them. So they go to talking about how slow camaro's are and i must be scared. Well my kids heard that and said,we will wait dad,go kick his butt,. I dont like grudge racing because of all the talking and arguing that has to be done to get a fair race.But after 30 min of debate with these guys i agreed to run heads up spray for spray.He has a 91 gt with a 10,000 dollar 331 stroker with a 150 shot,or so they say.I have a cam only heavy *** SS with a 200 shot. So we line up and i cut a .017 light on em and he never even got anywhere close to me.It was great how a cam only camaro could put it on em like that. I ran a 6.61@104
Im sure the 200 shot did wonders.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:51 PM
***Repost Police***

Good kill man, 6.61 @ 104 in the 1/8 is MOVING
Old 09-24-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

CONGRATS on you. Not only was that BS in front of your kids, but BS because you respectfully declined. That was an IDEAL way to shut them up.

As.sholes.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

some of these local track guys still don't have a clue what a cam only car can do..especially with 200 shot
Old 09-24-2008, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

hey man where u at in charleston? im guessing u were at dorchester? well have to run one weekend soon, ill be out there in two weeks once the car gets out of paint

Originally Posted by CHEVYMAN434
Old 09-25-2008, 08:28 AM
8 Second Club

No i run at midway in greelyville.Thats my home track this year.Finished second in summit super series and third in track points.We race this friday night. We have a 7.0,8.0, and a trophy bracket class. Come on out. There is a bunch of grudge racers too if you like that kind of thing.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

i actually havent ran at greelyvill yet, how far from charleston is it? when are they open?

normally i have to deal with dorchester and the BS that goes on out there. are there any fast fbodys out there?
Old 09-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Teching In

kids know best sometimes u kicked that cars BUTT my 4 yr old loves mommys cool car and im sure your kids love your car!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 01:50 PM
8 Second Club

To get to midway you go to moncks corner and stay on 52. Go through bonneau and st stephen still syaing on 52. When you come out of st stephen it will be 15 miles to the track. If you come to a 4 way with a stop light you just missed it on the right. Its right under the williamsburg county water tower. They have a website. Its midwaydragway.com. We run every friday night and usually have bracket races on sat. Its all posted on there. My name is Ashley,and i have a white 02 ss. Come out and holla at us,Im allways with my wife and kids. As for the bs,thats all dorchester has. Come to our track,the f body's rule there!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:27 AM
8 Second Club

Yeah i have three daughters.They live with their mom but i get them on the weekends. These girls are some racers for real. I never have had to ask them if they were ready to go. Hell they will be in the yard backin the truck under the trailer. Im in the process of building them their own car now.