Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension upgrade $$

Old 10-15-2008, 03:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension upgrade $$

can someone suggest a good budget upgrade for better handeling and support for my 02z.. i have no idea what i need or what it takes to beef up my car... its a dd, but i want it more sturdy...

if someone can pick out some upgrades for a budget price i would appreciate it.. and show me where you found them... around $5-600 if that possible... thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Take a look at my web site. I've got a nice list of upgrade and maintenance parts you will probably want/need. Note I am not a vendor, it's just a list of parts I've installed on my own car over the years. The list is in the R&D section of my web site:
http://www.MLSMotorRacing.com
Old 10-15-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1/4milerunnerZ28
can someone suggest a good budget upgrade for better handeling and support for my 02z.. i have no idea what i need or what it takes to beef up my car... its a dd, but i want it more sturdy...

if someone can pick out some upgrades for a budget price i would appreciate it.. and show me where you found them... around $5-600 if that possible... thanks
Try and be more specific about exactly what you want.
What to you mean by "sturdy", are you talking about stability? Solid feel?
There is no secret here about our suspension, the weakest link is the stock shocks and IMO should be the first thing to be changed out.
Call up Sam Strano at stranoparts.com (hes a sponsor here, and has won multiple SCCA auto-x events in his Camaro) and he will recommend what to do, and why.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

I can see sturdy are meaning two things. Either a more solid planted feel in how the car drives (mostly shocks), or actually stiffening the chassis (SFC's). Could do both for that matter, but I too would have to get a better sense of what he dislikes to even begin to know what to recommend.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

just call Sam and he'll get you setup with whatever you need
Old 10-15-2008, 12:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buy the tube frame kit for our cars. It helps out a lot.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:09 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 1/4milerunnerZ28

By the name your using im assuming you want a little better 1/4 mile performance and also some better handling on the street. Lower control arms, and a torque arm will take care of the rear. Frame connectors will stiffen the chassis, sway bars and shocks will help out your handling. We offer all of these parts along with good tech advice on what parts you need and which ones you don't. Give us a call and we can discuss what you want your car to do and help you make choices on which parts are right for you. We are in the office mon-fri till 6pm est. Here's a link to our site.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:18 AM
TECH Junkie

while i won't disagree with Sam or the guys from BMR...i'll say this.

of all the things i've done for handling....the most noticable...and easiest to do...
has been sway bar upgrade. took all of 2 hours in a driveway with just a floor jack and some sockets. and i could feel the difference as soon as i pulled out of the driveway.

second for handling was probably a toss up between good tires and sub frame connectors.

granted i've yet to do shocks.....but REALLY need to!!

Search this Thread