Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

1.5 drop

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1.5 drop

I am buying some springs from somebody on this site and he doesnt know what brand they are but they are blue springs. I know that doesnt mean much but maybe some sponsor is known for blue springs. But they are 60 dollars shipped and I will probably buy them. Just bc its cheap and worth the shot. But will 1.5 be too much with long tube headers? Also will i need to do anytype of modification. I see a mention of a hose mod. I dont know what it is but maybe i might need it. Any advice would be appreciated. Oh i have to let this guy know tomorrow. So if you could please answer quickly
Old 10-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Launching!

bump for the morning crowd
Old 10-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Well since none of the suspension experts have chime in Ill tell you you will want some shocks and your probably going to need some new front strut mounts they usually get destroyed when removing the shock. Most springs dont drop the exact amount advertised you may be above or below 1.5" but from what I hear pacesetter lts tuck pretty good so you should be fine. Hose mod is what people do to lower the rear a little more. I say put the springs on first then if the rear sits too high for your taste you can always do the hose mod later but some say drop springs + hose mod= riding on bumpstops hope this helps.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by shdybrady1988
I am buying some springs from somebody on this site and he doesnt know what brand they are but they are blue springs. I know that doesnt mean much but maybe some sponsor is known for blue springs. But they are 60 dollars shipped and I will probably buy them. Just bc its cheap and worth the shot. But will 1.5 be too much with long tube headers? Also will i need to do anytype of modification. I see a mention of a hose mod. I dont know what it is but maybe i might need it. Any advice would be appreciated. Oh i have to let this guy know tomorrow. So if you could please answer quickly
Depends on what you want to do with the car. If its just for looks and you don't care about ride/handling then go ahead.
If you do care then at least find out the spring rates, and if the owner doesn't know then don't bother, thats like buying a cam without knowing the specs. There are a handful of blue springs out there, so you may end up with a good set (like hotchkiss) or a not so good set (like the prokit).
And with a 1.5" drop your long tubes will probably scrape, but there is only one way to know for sure...
Old 10-20-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i run 1.5" drop H&R Springs and they do me fine with bilstein shocks, no scraping @ all with my Pace setters. I say go for it, just make sure you get good shocks.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Resident

i got B&G 1.4" drop w/ slp belstiens and its a nice drop. i've gotten complements. i need new shocks though the belsteins dont do them justice, it also might be the upgraded lower control arms and PHR that causes the harshnes in ride though, might be swapping the control arms for the stockers since i dont race all the damn time.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:59 AM
TECH Junkie

I think this subject mostly depends on what you drive over. Because you can bottom out on stock springs. Full suspension travel on stock springs goes just as low as aftermarket springs. aka as low as the bumpstops allow them to

Quick Reply: 1.5 drop