Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Can SLP Bolt-In SFC's be lightened?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 12:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Can SLP Bolt-In SFC's be lightened?

I really want to get the SLP Bolt-in SFC's because I like the idea of being able to remove the whenever I want, and lack of an install price. Is there a way I can lighten them up? I was thinking of cutting the diagonal pieces off and welding in smaller flat triangles instead. Thanks for any ideas.

Old 09-15-2003, 07:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Can SLP Bolt-In SFC's be lightened?

I wouldn't suggest "de-engineering" a reasonably well designed part. If you are going to do that, just buy 2 point bolt in LCA's. The car weighs 3600 lbs, I'd not panic over 2 lbs of metal (I know that the ounces add up, but I'd not start by cutting up the subframes).

Just my thoughts....
Old 09-15-2003, 08:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Can SLP Bolt-In SFC's be lightened?

I really want to get the SLP Bolt-in SFC's because I like the idea of being able to remove the whenever I want, and lack of an install price. Is there a way I can lighten them up? I was thinking of cutting the diagonal pieces off and welding in smaller flat triangles instead. Thanks for any ideas.

I would say the best way to lighten them is not get them in the first place.

trackbird is correct if you going to cut them up why buy them.

Of course I think you know what I recommend DGoetz Fabrications way better than SLP's.

You can always add power or less fuel to compensate for the weight. But the improved performance more than compensates for the added weight

Quick Reply: Can SLP Bolt-In SFC's be lightened?