Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bwm Kit Lw003,

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bwm Kit Lw003,

Good day to all in the living world,

I am considering the purchase of BMR kit LW003, ft package for LS1.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/PKG/LW003.jpg

I am still working on cutting my NA times, so I think I need to reduce more mass off of the ft of the car. I was going to buy everything piece by piece, but this looks good. However, i was not going to use the brakes at first, but it seems like a good deal. I trailer to car to the track and drive it to the local gothic grind on the weekends.

Has anyone used this kit? what do you think.

Thank you all,
until we meet for the last time
Grim
Old 11-01-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess not worth it....
Old 11-03-2008, 05:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm not big on putting smaller brakes on a heavy car, let alone one that's still street driven (even if it's not much). And a manual rack can be a pain the butt, but then again you don't have to drive the pump or have it on the car. But in order to be able to drive the car w/o power steering the ratio has to be a lot slower than stock too.

I'd say concentrate on getting the mass down with the K-member and lower arms. FWIW, most uppers weigh more than the stock GM arms do so for weight reasons I can't say that's the best move (MHO).

I sell UMI stuff and a Stage 1 front end kit with their K-member (which is a more beefy piece than most) and lower arms (all rod-ended) is $849.00.
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=89&ModelID=2
If you would like to add upper arms, different shocks, etc. you can but all the various options are frankly to much for my website, so I'd ask you to call.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: Bwm Kit Lw003,