Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach Sportlines

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rod214
Note to self:If you ever get anything other than Strano springs don't start thread.
Note to self: If you're going to buy crappy springs and post about how awesome they are, don't be surprised we people who aren't idiots suggest that maybe you bought some crappy springs.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rod214
Note to self:If you ever get anything other than Strano springs don't start thread.
Nah.. it's just the sportlines. I warned you guys to put those flame suits on. You won't get **** for posting reviews of other springs. Just make sure before you post about sportlines be open for criticism and don't be sensitive.

Come on this is an LS1 forum. For such a badass car, we got quite a soft community
Old 11-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Anyone want to buy a set of Sportlines used 1 week................Nah just kidding i still like them
Old 11-07-2008, 10:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

FYI, there's better ways to get sportline low.

You just have to do a little ReSearch.

Just start with the Suspension "sticky", then keep going from there!

Anyway , enjoy your sportlines and tell us how you like them in about a month.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 11-07-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It all comes down to personal preference. Majority of people on forums tend to jump on bandwagons before trying a product out. Now this doesn't justify if its good or not, just saying. What one person loves, another might hate.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
It all comes down to personal preference. Majority of people on forums tend to jump on bandwagons before trying a product out. Now this doesn't justify if its good or not, just saying. What one person loves, another might hate.
The trick is jumping on the right bandwagon
Old 11-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mojave
Note to self: If you're going to buy crappy springs and post about how awesome they are without ever even driving anything else to compare them to, don't be surprised we people who aren't idiots suggest that maybe you bought some crappy springs.
Enhanced (not fixed) that for you.

I love people who get upset when they don't get a pat on the head. You can always tell who always got gold stars no matter what when growing up....
Old 11-07-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Otto-813
That was out of line IMO.
Not really, Sam's the ******* man and knows his ****. Not that i NEED to defend him, anyone that visits this section regularly knows but why not..

Do you see any other sponsors in here every day helping others with suspension and brake suggestions and setups? They usually pop in and go "hey i sell that" and you never see them again. Maybe I'm just making **** up, who knows.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad you like them.

When I got my car it was slammed and the ride was so bad I switched them out for a stock spring. When I pulled them out I saw they were sportlines. There was no internet bias in my decision to change them because I had no idea what they even were.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by wrays96
anyone want to buy a set of sportlines used 1 week................nah just kidding i still like them
Old 11-08-2008, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chavez885
Not really, Sam's the ******* man and knows his ****. Not that i NEED to defend him, anyone that visits this section regularly knows but why not..

Do you see any other sponsors in here every day helping others with suspension and brake suggestions and setups? They usually pop in and go "hey i sell that" and you never see them again. Maybe I'm just making **** up, who knows.
No, you're definitely not. That's 100% true. I usually only see a "well, we sell this, and if you buy this get our this and you'll be ready to go!"

Then they're gone.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've seen this debate one too many times around here. I have never tried Sportlines myself, but they are great springs for a photoshoot.

Aside from that, I have the Pro-Kit and it is a fairly uncomfortable spring (can't imagine Sportlines being even lower and softer), but since I'm driving an old F-body, I could care less.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Regular

Default Sportlines with the right shocks

Originally Posted by newton
I've seen this debate one too many times around here. I have never tried Sportlines myself, but they are great springs for a photoshoot.

Aside from that, I have the Pro-Kit and it is a fairly uncomfortable spring (can't imagine Sportlines being even lower and softer), but since I'm driving an old F-body, I could care less.
Well, here is my input about sportlines. I've had them for almost eight years now and with the right struts and shocks, they're fine to me. After I put them on with my stock setup, they bounced like a sob, after I upgraded the struts and shocks, they're great. I'm one of those who like to be low center gravity, pull around corners fast once in awile, but mostly straight line runs! This guy said he likes it, leave him alone.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

which shocks and struts do you have?
Old 11-09-2008, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

I've had sportlines for sometime now and I have no problem with them and I've also got just about everything thing else done too! I'm also older than most of you to boot too! (thought I'd never say that but what the hell) I've had more F Bodies and Corvettes than most I happen to like the sportlines, period! I also build my rides for what I like and no one else, so flame me if you want because I'm fireproof! And yes I hate speed bumps too! If you like them that's fine! if you don't well that's fine too and your can also buy some Stranos!
Old 11-11-2008, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

I cut two coils off MY sportlines.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 97redTA
I cut two coils off MY sportlines.
You're not serious right??? Wouldn't that essentially be like having NO springs?
Old 11-11-2008, 03:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ironhead
I love people who get upset when they don't get a pat on the head. You can always tell who always got gold stars no matter what when growing up....
That's very true
Old 11-11-2008, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by z28bryan
You're not serious right??? Wouldn't that essentially be like having NO springs?
Oh, but I am.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

to the op, rock them out, who cares what everyone else thinks. its your car. i have them on my car, and i do like them. yes, i do need to get different struts and shocks, but for right now they work pretty good. i like my car being as low as possible, i would probably make it lower if i could, but for daily driving this is as low as i want to go.

Quick Reply: Eibach Sportlines