Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strange an Eibach

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange an Eibach

i have an Eibach pro kit sitting in my garage an im looking to do strange 10 way adjustable shocks all the way around, will it work out good?

any input would be appreciated thanx!
Old 11-09-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

I hate to say it , but you'll probably never really be happy with that combo.
I tried QA1 DAs with springs like that, and I never was able to get it set where I was happy with it.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

drag shocks with bad lowering springs. not a good combo
Old 11-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so should i try an sell the pro kit an mayb get some strano springs??? anyone know how much they go for?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by wsick
so should i try an sell the pro kit an mayb get some strano springs??? anyone know how much they go for?
It you have the prokit already just try it out and see for yourself, then you can judge if you want something different.
The point they are making is no lowering spring is going to be comfortable on drag shocks, which are made for soft tall springs (for launching).
Old 11-11-2008, 10:50 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

The strange shocks are more of a drag shock. There are better shock choices for your springs and there are better spring choices for the shocks that you have. It all depends on what you are wanting to do with your car. If you are leaning toward handling you should consider a different shock. If your into drag racing you can use the strange shocks and their spring in the front.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-11-2008, 11:10 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

As much as I'd love to see you on a set of my springs, the issue here are the shocks not being close to right for lowering springs, any lowering springs.

Shocks are dampers of both mass and spring rate. The shorter and stiffer the spring, the more damping required to control it. Which fwiw, is not what drag shocks are about, they are about fast weight transfer. They are best used with drag springs (which we also carry).

You need to decide what the primary and secondary uses/goals are for the car. Drag shocks don't make great street shocks, and are no good with lowering springs especially. If you want the car to drive better, we can do that, but you compromise the drag racing a touch. Though we have plenty of cars with a more handling setup on them that an still knock down 1.6's all day long on decent tires.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!