Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What is the Best Rear Sway Bar for Drag and some street use????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question What is the Best Rear Sway Bar for Drag and some street use????

I am going to be having a 438 put in my WS6 and the car will see a lot of track use and some weeken driving in the summer. The car is going to be putting down over 575 to the wheel's and a lot more power with the 200 shot. The car is a M6 too with a 9 inch. So I want to know who has one that is good for both Drag and some street use???
Old 11-11-2008, 12:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Depending on how much street use you might be fine with the standard 25mm rear bar. If you want to be able to fine tune at the track then you could go with an adjustable Hellwig bar. This would give you something to play with for street vs. strip use. It really depends on if you are planning to drive the car in adverse weather conditions or push the car through the corners. If you are then I would personally stay away from an oversized bar like the 25mm, but it in the end it is up to you. It's times like this that I'm glad I got into auto-x instead of Drag. I don't have to worry about many comprimises . Good luck making a decision.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i can't say a nuff for BMR and the Extreme duty rear sway bar my cars leave so straight and level the auto and the 6 speed car so i got two votes for this product
Old 11-11-2008, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tpunk
Depending on how much street use you might be fine with the standard 25mm rear bar. If you want to be able to fine tune at the track then you could go with an adjustable Hellwig bar. This would give you something to play with for street vs. strip use. It really depends on if you are planning to drive the car in adverse weather conditions or push the car through the corners. If you are then I would personally stay away from an oversized bar like the 25mm, but it in the end it is up to you. It's times like this that I'm glad I got into auto-x instead of Drag. I don't have to worry about many comprimises . Good luck making a decision.
Thanks for the help and yeah I don't do to much cornering. Also the car would be driven in the summer here and there on the weeken.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SREETRACEGUY
i can't say a nuff for BMR and the Extreme duty rear sway bar my cars leave so straight and level the auto and the 6 speed car so i got two votes for this product
Yeah I am leaning that way so far. I would like ti keep everything UMI under my car but UMI doesn't have anything out yet for my need's
Old 11-11-2008, 08:54 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SREETRACEGUY
Thanks for the kind words. Our extreme rear anti roll bar is a solid 1.25" bar that will eliminate any body roll that you might experience. This bar will also make the car more consistant and stable. Although the extreme bar is better suited to the drag strip we do have quite a few customers that use this bar on their steet car as well. If you have any questions about this or any of our products you can give us a call. We are open till 6pm est mon-fri.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 12-09-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Thanks for the kind words. Our extreme rear anti roll bar is a solid 1.25" bar that will eliminate any body roll that you might experience. This bar will also make the car more consistant and stable. Although the extreme bar is better suited to the drag strip we do have quite a few customers that use this bar on their steet car as well. If you have any questions about this or any of our products you can give us a call. We are open till 6pm est mon-fri.
I will be giving you a call later today or tomorrow.Thanks