Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brakes or Bearing...or something else

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes or Bearing...or something else

Posted on 11-03-2008, 12:43 AM @ camarov6.com

last week, when I installed my "new" rear end, also I changed front pads and resurfaced the rotors, but were so bad, that it had to be done like ten times. before that, i had the typical noise that tells you "well, I got to change those pads".

then, after doing that, I noticed an awful squeeking noise on the right disc brake, at the moment of braking, which I thought was caused by the rotor, because of the bad shape those are. but today, I noticed that the noise can be heard at some points when cornering, without any braking, which makes me think it's something on the bearing but before doing the front brake work, that noise wasn't present.

Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on? I don't think the problem is the bearing, because the noise started after resurfacing rotors and replacing pads, before that, there wasn't any noise, just the one made by old pads.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by jbmetal : Today at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Teching In

just thinking that the problem was caused by the rotors, today I changed those rotors. apparently...those we're part of the problem. the freaking squeeking noise can be heard now only when cornering...and under light braking.

Please can anyone help me...figuring out what the problem is, is driving me nuts!!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Teching In

well....the right axle is bent...apparently an accident, was. and....as stupid as it sounds I don't have my original rear end.

now...I need to replace the right axle...

now people, can anyone help me and enter to this url and tell me which one is it; it is for a 2002 WS6 stock rear end.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294851288

because there are two options from Moser, one is:
Moser Engineering Replacement C-Clip Axles
Axles, Direct Fit, C-Clip, Rear, 1541H Steel, 28-Spline, Chevy/ Pontiac, Camaro/ Firebird, 7.5 in., Pair

and the other one is:
Moser Engineering Replacement C-Clip Axles
Axles, Direct Fit, C-Clip, Rear, 1541H Steel, 28-Spline, Chevy/ Pontiac, Camaro/ Firebird, 7.625 in., Pair

Please I need this help people!

Last edited by PsychMuscle; 11-15-2008 at 01:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Brakes or Bearing...or something else