Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach Sportlines on NBM Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrays96
JD,
yes i will take that pic and the fender height pic as well. But i wouldnt say that these springs are worthless and only for pictures. i still have the stock struts and shocks which have 115K on them and i like the performace of them. It reminds me of driving a vette. You also have to figure in...What does the owner use the car for? right now its a weekend cruiser and sometimes goes the track "1/4 mile". Right now looks is my main objective with this car. Its too freakin' expensive to make it fast. Someday i do plan on going threw Sam Strano for all of the suspension. I personally think that road course racing is more of a challenge than drag racing and i cant wait to get some track time next spring
I'd look into autox if I were you. It's what I do. It's a low budget way to race, low risk, and a great way to learn how to drive fast.

It will also open a whole wide new world of understanding and appreciation for suspension. You'll realize why it's too hard to tell the difference between a good or excellent suspension and a poor one on the street as well as pushing the car to the limit. Lots of people think they push their car to the limit on the street and then take an instructor with them at an autox who yells "GO GO GO!", and then you really find out what pushing the car to the limit is
Old 11-21-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

imo autox is for imports with no power. i use to do it, but its just not fun with these cars imo. you cant get the power down or get very fast. could partly be because ours is in a crappy parking lot thats full of loose gravel and cracks and such though. save up for the road course, thats what im going to do next. At VIR its like $300 the first time with lessons, and like $100 after that, i think. Not bad considering thats hours of driving while autox is $30-45 for a total of 10 minutes.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Teching In

I inherited a set of Eibach Sportlines for the 98-02 F-body which were used by a gent on a 97 Camaro. If I can save cost I am sure they will work on a 97 TA just have to build the matching suspension components around it.

With the Eibach Sportlines ...What size tires are you using? Also what shock.??
Old 11-22-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Looks better, now watch for speed bumps, these springs are only good for looks.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kagtech
I inherited a set of Eibach Sportlines for the 98-02 F-body which were used by a gent on a 97 Camaro. If I can save cost I am sure they will work on a 97 TA just have to build the matching suspension components around it.

With the Eibach Sportlines ...What size tires are you using? Also what shock.??
275/40/ZR17 and stock Trans Am shocks

Quick Reply: Eibach Sportlines on NBM Trans Am