Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wheel Speed Sensors??? ABS INOP

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wheel Speed Sensors??? ABS INOP

The absinop light came on a few days ago, out of no where. It has been raining a lot and someone in another forum told me to clean the wheel speed sensors. Where are they located? Any clues are appreciated..
Old 09-24-2003, 09:44 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Re: Wheel Speed Sensors??? ABS INOP

Its more likely the wiring harness plug under the car. Check the plugs on the driver's side, just above and in front of the rear axle.

If your car has traction control, the wheel speed reluctors are on each end of the rear axle, if you have a non-traction control car its in the center of the axle mounted inside the housing on the differential. No cleaning required.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Wheel Speed Sensors??? ABS INOP

Sounds like the wires came unplugged or something. Mine says the same thing because the car came with TCS and ABS but i had to replace the rear-end and the rear-end i replaced it with didnt have the axles with the splines ( and i didnt want to re-use mine) so it didnt come with ABS, so i said the hell with it and pulled the wires out. Mine hooked up on each side of the backing plates for the brake calipers and you should be able to follow it up to where it plugs (should be above/in front of the driver side part of the axle and connect into the car) with some other wires. If it came unpluged on one side or the other or up top it might cause the ABS error. thats all i can say. Hope it helps somewhat.