Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Just got new tires and an alignment...questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got new tires and an alignment...questions

Hey guys, just got my crappy Goodyear Eagle LS tires replaced with Goodyear Assurance Tripletreds at Sears. Had the car aligned as well. Here are the alignment specs

Left Front (Before/Actual)

Camber: -0.5/-0.9
Caster: 2.7/2.7
Toe: -0.01/0.08

Right Front (Before/Actual)

Camber: -1.3/-1.0
Caster: 2.3/2.3
Toe: -0.09/0.09

Left Rear (Before/Actual)

Camber: -0.8/-1.2
Toe: -0.16/0.10

Right Rear (Before/Actual)

Camber: -1.3/-1.0
Toe: -0.16/0.13

According to the sheet they gave me. Everything but the RF caster is in spec. When I spoke to the alignment guy he said that the caster was non-adjustable on the car.

Is the caster truly non-adjustable. Also, does this alignment look alright?

*edit* I will be taking the car back to Sears again tomorrow because they didn't center my steering wheel like I was told they would. I called them about it, and they're gonna make sure they do it right this time. I took everything I had to not yell at the guy. I told him to make sure they did it, and after forking over damn near $900, I'll be damned if my steering wheel isn't straight.

*edit 2* All these specs are for my 2006 Grand Prix (base model).
Old 12-05-2008, 05:11 AM
12 Second Club

Does it pull to the right? I was taught(Firestone Training) that a car will pull to the side with the most camber and least caster. And I've been doing alignments for about 5-6 yrs now. And caster is adjustable on our cars. If it's maxed out, a trick i was taught by an old timer was to loosen subframe bolts enough that you can get a prybar to shift the subframe and then get another coworker to tighten bolts while you hold prybar in place.

Oh yeah, that Sears might not have the alignment tool for our cars but if they know what they're doing they don't need it but it does make it easier.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

The car doesn't pull to the right at all. It tracks straight as far as I can tell. After posting on clubgp, it seems as though the caster isn't adjustable on these cars (damned macpherson setup).

Quick Reply: Just got new tires and an alignment...questions