Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best 1-1.5" Lowering Kit w/ Springs For Under $600

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Best 1-1.5" Lowering Kit w/ Springs For Under $600

Hey all. My buddy wants to lower his 93 Z. His budget is $600. He gave me some links to one kit he was looking at. It's the Eibach Pro-Kit Spring Set (1.3" lowering kit) and Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks. Anything else out there for the sub $600 range that he should look at purchasing instead, or is this a good kit?

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2008, 02:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Rough....

I can put together a few different options for you that would be more workable than that combination, for around the same price (but not sub $600). In fact I don't think you can do the kit you are looking at for sub $600 anyway. And I don't see mention of an adjustale PHB either, which will add cost and is wise to counter the shift in the body from the lowering.

I carry more brands of shocks than any other vendor on this site. I carry more brands of springs than any other vendor on this site. I'd be happy to talk to you, or him (whoever) about options that will work best together and fit in and around his budget. But in all honesty teaming a Bilstein not meant for lowering springs with Pro-kits for that car is not going to be a great long term result.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 12-12-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Rough....

I can put together a few different options for you that would be more workable than that combination, for around the same price (but not sub $600). In fact I don't think you can do the kit you are looking at for sub $600 anyway. And I don't see mention of an adjustale PHB either, which will add cost and is wise to counter the shift in the body from the lowering.

I carry more brands of shocks than any other vendor on this site. I carry more brands of springs than any other vendor on this site. I'd be happy to talk to you, or him (whoever) about options that will work best together and fit in and around his budget. But in all honesty teaming a Bilstein not meant for lowering springs with Pro-kits for that car is not going to be a great long term result.
He'd most likely be ordering through the company I work for (for best pricing). The kit I mentioned is sub $600 with my pricing. My company has accounts with Tire Rack, Bilstein, Eibach, etc. ;-) Thanks for the info, though! By PHB you mean Panhard Bar, correct? He was just looking for the suspension.

For shocks, the other main options he was looking at are KYB AGX Adjustable shocks and KYB Gas-A-Just Shock. Are they good shocks?

Would he be better not getting an Eibach Pro Spring set and going with say an H&R Sport Spring Set? Or even the Eibach Sportline Spring Set? He says the car is his DD, but will go to the drag strip AND Auto-X.

Basically out of those items I have listed, what would be the best setup?

I know Jeep suspensions, not really cars... Thanks for any additional help!
Old 12-12-2008, 02:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Well then I think your question isn't really accurate...

I'll be quite honest with you in the fact that I can't really give away a setup that I might provide for free. I'm in business just like everyone else. What I can tell you is that I feel AGX's are the better choice for controlling the spring than anything else. Spring wise, Sportlines are a bit no-no.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 12-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HibachiZ28
By PHB you mean Panhard Bar, correct? He was just looking for the suspension.

what sam is getting at is. Since you are lowering the car. it will move the rear axle. since we(4th gen f-bodys) have a panhard bar system.

to lower the car and NOT put adjustable panhard in. is just asking for trouble. tire rub. not turn good. list goes on and on and on.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HibachiZ28
He'd most likely be ordering through the company I work for (for best pricing). The kit I mentioned is sub $600 with my pricing. My company has accounts with Tire Rack, Bilstein, Eibach, etc. ;-) Thanks for the info, though! By PHB you mean Panhard Bar, correct? He was just looking for the suspension.

For shocks, the other main options he was looking at are KYB AGX Adjustable shocks and KYB Gas-A-Just Shock. Are they good shocks?

Would he be better not getting an Eibach Pro Spring set and going with say an H&R Sport Spring Set? Or even the Eibach Sportline Spring Set? He says the car is his DD, but will go to the drag strip AND Auto-X.

Basically out of those items I have listed, what would be the best setup?

I know Jeep suspensions, not really cars... Thanks for any additional help!
Yes, like the above says a panhard bar is a suspension piece. Its what holds the rear axle in place laterally. By dropping the car height the panhard bar will "push" the rear axle toward the drivers side of the car. This is why manufacturers make adjustable PHB's, so you can adjust it back to have the axle even under the car.
If your friend wants to "do it all" he would be best off with stock springs and good adjustable shocks.