Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Who knows about aerospace components calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who knows about aerospace components calipers?

I have a set of Aerospace calipers that cam on my car when I bought it and ever sicne ive owner it once the brakes warm up in amkes a rubbing noise at anything below 30mph.. ive had the rotors cut the only thing i can think of is mayeb the piston is freezing and not going back into the housing all the way but i cant seem to find a part number on the calipers they are 4 pisotn calipers but ive never heard of the brand does anyone know anythings about them or is anybody runnign them on they're own car? Id jsut liek to knwo if they are worth trying to get fixed or if i should go back to oem ?? thanks
Old 12-17-2008, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

anyone?~
Old 12-17-2008, 09:10 PM
12 Second Club

The name of the company is Aerospace Components, you can easily find them searching the net. They make drag race parts, mostly billet aluminum stuff. I'm sure they'd help you out if you called them. I had them on a 69 Camaro drag car and they are great brakes, definatly worth fixing IMO. I don't know what could be rubbing, maybe the calipers are sticking like you said. Are the rotors centered in the caliper? They need to be as close to perfect as you can get or one side will rub worse than the other. When you buy them they come with shims [like .020,.010, etc..] and you have to put them inbetween the caliper bracket and caliper so the rotor is centered.