Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Vibration at high speeds

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration at high speeds

After i installed my clutch, i have noticed a vibration 70 mph plus. the whole clutch assembly was balanced and everything. It is not the wheels either. Any ideas what it could be? did not have vibration before clutch install by the way.
thanks
Old 12-28-2008, 08:25 AM
TECH Regular

Rev the engine up sitting in the driveway and hold it at a steady RPM, if it starts vibrating this way then the clutch assembly is probably causing the vibration. If it doesn't then it's driveshaft angles. How did the transmission and torque arm mounts look? Many times a weak mount will be finished off during a service job, it's good insurance to replace them when you're in there. Did any of the U-joint caps fall off during removal? If so replace them.

Vernon
Old 12-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Ok I will check all that monday when i go to work. I don't think any of the u joint caps fell off, but i will double check.I am thinking it is one of the mounts or driveshaft angle. I also hammered the torque arm a little bit to widen it on the rear end side to get it on, but wouldn't it go back to normal shape once I tighten the bolts up. I will post up when I check everything. thanks for the help man.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

I woudn't think that you changed the pinion angle when you hammerd on the arm like you described.

Sometimes the caps fall off and we pick them up and put them back on. Not always a good thing.

When you're under the car again push and pull against the tranny end and torque arm end hard to see it the mounts will give any. They shouldn't. Also look for missing or loose fasteners.

Vernon

Quick Reply: Vibration at high speeds