Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Satisfied GranSport 6 pads... yey or neigh?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Satisfied GranSport 6 pads... yey or neigh?

On my last Bird I replaced the original ones with NAPA Ceramix which I liked because the braking was still good and they were absolutely quiet with little dust. I will need to replace the pads on the Formula soon, and was looking into some other pads.

I did a search and noticed several people mentioned putting on the Satisfied GS6's but there weren't really any followup posts that I could see that said how they ended up liking them. Are they quiet? Do they stop well? How is the dust?

I may just go with the Ceramix pads again, but some of the other one's I have thought about are:
Satisfied Pro Ceramic
Raybestos QuietStop
Akebono Street Performance Ceramic
Hawk Performance Ceramic
Power Stop Evolution Ceramic

Apparently Autozone has something called the Cmax Ceramic pad now. I also didn't see a whole lot about it on this forum, although there is a positive review on an Evo board, fwiw

The Satisfied and Raybestos Ceramics as well as Autozone Cmax's should be available for local pickup, but I don't really mind ordering.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by HAZ-Matt; 12-30-2008 at 06:12 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

How is "breaking" good? Braking is good, though, when one wants to stop.

Seriously, use the Hawk HPS and be amazed. Use their ceramic to get a few more miles out of them at the cost of some power. All your choices are pretty good but you can get Hawk at Pep Boys if you call around town.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmilz28
How is "breaking" good? Braking is good, though, when one wants to stop.
Ha, yeah that e wasn't supposed to be there. The Ceramix pads didn't have a problem with breaking while braking.

Seriously, use the Hawk HPS and be amazed. Use their ceramic to get a few more miles out of them at the cost of some power. All your choices are pretty good but you can get Hawk at Pep Boys if you call around town.
I don't want to hear my brakes and I don't want a lot of dust either... that is why I have been thinking mostly about ceramic pads.

Quick Reply: Satisfied GranSport 6 pads... yey or neigh?