Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

HELP: I'm sooo confused with my custom front suspension!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: I'm sooo confused with my custom front suspension!

so i bought my LT1 T/A with "6 piston wilwoods, carrera aluminum coilovers, custom front hubs, and tubular A arms" as stated in the for sale ad.

now that im starting my turbo build I'm looking to go to a tubular k member, swap to stock ls1 brakes, keep the aluminum coilovers, and still have the right setup to run my Fikses

after sitting here loking at this setup idk what i can reuse? what i need to change etc? aparently i have no front spindles? and im not sure how the fikse center "hub"/centercap peice works but how do i swap that to work with stock ls1 brakes to work with my fikse street wheels?

SO basically from the pic can you guys tell me what i need, or need to do/buy to keep using my alum coilovers., switch to ls1 brakes and keep it setup to run the Fikses,
can i reuse the tubular upper A arms on there with a new tubular k member?

will a normal tubular k kmember work with all this including however these coilovers are setup with no spindles and what not?

Sorry i am very lost here
Attached Thumbnails HELP: I'm sooo confused with my custom front suspension!-p5090726.jpg  
Old 01-02-2009, 06:00 AM
TECH Regular

Why the need to switch to LS1 brakes? If your putting a turbo engine in that chassis you will need those big brakes. LS1 stock brakes will be inadequate performers and probably just as heavy. It's already set up and ready as is. It would be next to impossible IMO to tell you what will work from a picture. If you must do this, first please explain why so you don't look completely clueless, you should see if your Fiske wheels will fit a stock LS1 front chassis. If so swap the complete spindle, hub, and brakes onto your control arms and coil overs. Man I would be happy to have those brakes on a car I was going to keep and turbocharge. Any reason you have to pull them off must be a good one but I don't have that vivid of an imagination.

Vernon
Old 01-02-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if all this is bolted on the car with the stock k member switching to a tube one should make no diffrence
Old 01-02-2009, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
Why the need to switch to LS1 brakes? If your putting a turbo engine in that chassis you will need those big brakes. LS1 stock brakes will be inadequate performers and probably just as heavy. It's already set up and ready as is. It would be next to impossible IMO to tell you what will work from a picture. If you must do this, first please explain why so you don't look completely clueless, you should see if your Fiske wheels will fit a stock LS1 front chassis. If so swap the complete spindle, hub, and brakes onto your control arms and coil overs. Man I would be happy to have those brakes on a car I was going to keep and turbocharge. Any reason you have to pull them off must be a good one but I don't have that vivid of an imagination.

Vernon
one word.. SKINNIES these wont work with any drag front wheel setup
Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Launching!

why don't you get 17" skinnies??? there is a few companies out there making them now.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:10 PM
11 Second Club

Wow man! I always wondered what happend to that car. I absolutly love the stance of it. I used to drool over that car all the time but I lost the pics when my laptop crashed years ago. You should leave it the way it is. Skinnies arent going to help you enough to go through all that BS. Ill trade you all my stock stuff for your aftermarket stuff and wheels. Ill let you have my coil overs and drag lites too
Old 01-03-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Biggin'89
why don't you get 17" skinnies??? there is a few companies out there making them now.
i already talked to one of the site sponsers about it. the wilwood 6 pistons have a crazy over hang and coupled with how big they are he said it would leave a skinny sitting well outside the edge of the fender

Quick Reply: HELP: I'm sooo confused with my custom front suspension!