Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Are these koni's worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are these koni's worth it?

Fronts, only. Normally these run alot new for the pair and you have to get them revalved to match your springs anyways. One has a leak and I haven't dyno'd them so they should be revalved. Revalving costs ~$100-150.

These are the DOUBLE adjustable ones for rebound and compression, not the singles.

A local guy is selling a pair of front koni shocks , he doesnt know how many miles are on them. My question on them can these be revalved/rebuild for cheap? or is the warranty still valid on these, I might get them if i can rebuild them
Old 01-12-2009, 11:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

At least one is broken (the one that has no gas pressure).

GMexican, I hate to be this blunt, but the time has come. You are meandering all over the place and seem to be swaying with the wind as to what you should do, yet I haven't heard from you.... Hmmm.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would call Koni service and ask. I'm reading a Koni products pdf right now and it has the following as the service number 859-586-4100.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im pretty sure the warranty does not transfer over from Koni so all money would be paid out of pocket. Unsure on amount of miles is not a good thing either. I for one would never buy used shocks. If you are debating on Konis or not just call Sam and order a new set. You get all the service and warranty you will ever need. (get 2 if you cant afford all 4 at the moment) Just save and do it right.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What springs were you getting that your konis had to be revalved?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. Usually when there's a ton of posts asking about a ton of different products, they should probably just give Sam a call.

If a set of new Koni SA's are not that far more in price from a set of Koni DA's + the price to rebuild them, then I'd go new SA's. You won't get the warranty from the used ones, and an adjustable compression setting isn't really needed compared to an adjustable rebound setting. Unless you like to have the shocks over powering during spring compression, but I can imagine too many people will like that.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

You guys are missing the point. GMexican wants an internet answer, and I can't give him that, which is probably why I haven't heard from him. He needs to decide what his priorities are, but based on his other threads, I don't think he has or can.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!