Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

non adjustable tq arm

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default non adjustable tq arm

hey guys i was planing on purchasing a tq arm. my question was does a non adjustable tq arm make much difference over stock or do you only benefit from the adjustable ones? my goal is a fast street car. probably wont replace rearend. maybe build it...with 4:10's and a M6 i dont want anything too much that'll break the rear, but something better then stock! so please let me know if you think a regular tq arm will help, and what effects an aftermarket arm help with?
Thanks!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:52 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, the stock torque arm is made from stamped steel. Our non adjustable or adjustable torque arms arm made from 1.25" x .120" dom steel tubing. Strength wise there is no comparison between a stock arm and an aftermarket one. The purpose of the adjustable arm is to be able to adjust your pinion angle. It has no added strength over a non adjustable arm. If you lower your car you will need the adjustable version to reset you angle. If you have any questions please give me a call. Our tech dept is open mon-fri 8:30 am-6:00 pm est.
Attached Thumbnails non adjustable tq arm-ta002r_thumb.jpg   non adjustable tq arm-ta001-small.jpg  
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

a non adjustable torque arm made a world of difference on my car.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Launching!

well ive done the heater hose mod, and qa1 coilovers in the front lowered 3/4 of an inch. do i need an adj tq arm with that?
Old 01-15-2009, 02:31 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I would go ahead and get the adjustable arm. Your pinion angle is more than likely off and if you decide to ever go with a different spring in the rear you are going to need the adjustable arm. No sense in buying it twice.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Torque Arm Question!

Originally Posted by armintheman
hey guys i was planing on purchasing a tq arm. my question was does a non adjustable tq arm make much difference over stock or do you only benefit from the adjustable ones? my goal is a fast street car. probably wont replace rearend. maybe build it...with 4:10's and a M6 i dont want anything too much that'll break the rear, but something better then stock! so please let me know if you think a regular tq arm will help, and what effects an aftermarket arm help with?
Thanks!
Hello,

There are a few different types of torque arms to choose from!
First there are i few things that i would need to know to be able to assist you better,

1 Does it see any track time?

2 Do you have aftermarket control arms on the car now?

After I have the following info i will be able to get you going in the right track.

IF there is anything else that you need feel free to ask or call the tech department we will be more than happy to help.

Thanks Again!

Brad
Old 01-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Launching!

yes i do have lca's and lca relocating brakets, it will be going to the track a few times but not a track car.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:41 PM
FormerVendor

Default food for thoughts.......

Hello,

There is a aftermarket Torque arm that is not adjustable which is part #2206. And there is also a adjustable torque arm part #2205 that will probrobly be what I would recommend you just for future reference if you are planing on building the rear. The adjustable torque arm will cut down on wheel hop when on the throttle and cut down your 60ft times. Below I have a link to show the torque arms and you can see the difference from your stock and modified.

http://umiperformance.com/2206?category_id=130
http://umiperformance.com/2205?category_id=130

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Remember if you want Traction.....Take Action..... Call UMI Performance!

Thanks Again
Brad
Old 01-15-2009, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

while the ta will do a lot. BMR is wrong when they say you need it when you lower your car. thats flat out wrong. the only thing you NEED when you lower your car is an adjustable PHB to center the rear end
Old 01-16-2009, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
while the ta will do a lot. BMR is wrong when they say you need it when you lower your car. thats flat out wrong. the only thing you NEED when you lower your car is an adjustable PHB to center the rear end
Is this true? I have read on here that you need the adj one if your car is lowered. What is the point of the adj T/A then???
Old 01-16-2009, 01:00 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by armintheman
Thanks!
M6=death of a 10 bolt

Get an adjustable torque arm, most people will agree on why buy aftermarket suspension if it isnt adjustable, little bit more money and your set for future mods
Old 01-16-2009, 02:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by extinctls1
Is this true? I have read on here that you need the adj one if your car is lowered. What is the point of the adj T/A then???
it's strongly recommended you get adj. PHR when lowering the car, but first I've seen of adj. T/A for lowering.

+1 for UMI products!
Old 01-16-2009, 06:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually they are correct... you don't NEED the adjustable torque arm at all. But the torque controls the pinion angle, the pinion angle changes when you lower the vehicle. The adjustable torque arm will then allow you to readjust the pinion angle once the vehicle has been lowered. So yes you are correct, you do not need the adj. torque arm... but from a performance stand point it is recommend to achieve the best performance from the vehicle. So you are both correct.. based on the customers goals I would recommend the adjustable as well.

I see where you are coming from and I hope my explanation helps

Ryan
Old 01-16-2009, 06:57 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Actually they are correct... you don't NEED the adjustable torque arm at all. But the torque controls the pinion angle, the pinion angle changes when you lower the vehicle. The adjustable torque arm will then allow you to readjust the pinion angle once the vehicle has been lowered. So yes you are correct, you do not need the adj. torque arm... but from a performance stand point it is recommend to achieve the best performance from the vehicle. So you are both correct.. based on the customers goals I would recommend the adjustable as well.

I see where you are coming from and I hope my explanation helps

Ryan
exactly, but they made it seem like it was something you absolutely must have in order for you to lower the car. i dont have one on mine and everything is great for me. but im a corner carver

btw +1 to umi i have all your products lol
Old 01-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Launching!

but the rod ends do wear out and make more noise right?
(on the adj. arm)
Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TRANS-DAD
but the rod ends do wear out and make more noise right?
(on the adj. arm)
The adjustable torque arms have rod EYES, not rod ends.. these are solid rod ends that allow no movement. They will not wear and as long as the bolts are kept tight there will be no noise.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 01-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Launching!

oh ok thanks Ryan!
Now I have to rethink my decision! haha!

oh hey on your TA mount crossmember there is adjustment even
with a non adj. TA right?
Old 01-16-2009, 08:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Your pinion angle does change when you lower a vehicle. You can't change your pinion angle without an adjustable arm. You can buy a torque arm relocation crossmember and use a non adjustable torque arm and adjust the front and change your pinion angle that way but thats not the correct way to do it. Thanks for your opinion.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:00 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TRANS-DAD
oh ok thanks Ryan!
Now I have to rethink my decision! haha!

oh hey on your TA mount crossmember there is adjustment even
with a non adj. TA right?
Are you referring to the torque arm relocation kits? Where the torque arm mounts to the transmission crossmember?
Old 01-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Are you referring to the torque arm relocation kits? Where the torque arm mounts to the transmission crossmember?
yeah, there's adjustment on the crossmember if your TA wasn,t adjustable
isn's there ?

Quick Reply: non adjustable tq arm