Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

None lsx brake help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default None lsx brake help

I need some suggestions on a rotor setup/brakes for my sisters 04 mach 1. i know its not a LSx powered vehicle, but i reallt dont have any experiance with mustangs and really dont have any idea what forums to visit and i have always trusted you guys here at tech. im looking to spend 600-800 on rotors and pads, im fairly sure since its a DD she wont need a caliper upgrade. if this needs relocated i'd appreciate it.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Mach 1 has rather good brakes on it from the factory, it uses the same as the SVT cobras do. Upgrading the calipers really is not necessary if the car will remain street driven (with the occasional track use). We carry Power Stop Brakes, We do offer a package of the Kinetic Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Pads for well under that price cap, That set up works really well for the price. We could also get a setup using the Power Stop Premium Rotors along with their Extreme Performance Pads if you are looking for something a little more aggressive. These pads need to be heated up to work to their full potential though.

Quick Reply: None lsx brake help